OT - Places in Vancouver with a giant burger/steak and "finish it and it's free"

ryanthekiwi

Jan 6, 2009
I'm doing a bachelor party tomorrow night and the groom is just a really big eater. I think it would be hilarious to put him up against a giant novelty size burger or steak to see if he can finish it and get it for free. Maybe if he fails he will have to busk on Granville st to earn enough to pay it off.

In Maple Ridge the Witch of Endor pub has the "Famous Witch Size Burger"

$44 - Our 8.5 lb burger includes the following: 24 oz of lean beef, sourdough loaf, 4 large dill pickles, generous slather of burger sauce and mayo, one head of lettuce, seven tomato slices, six slices cheese, 20 onion nslices, 9oz grilled green and red peppers, 5 strips bacon, ham, 2 large eggs and 8oz of mushrooms.

This would be perfect except it's all the way out in Maple Ridge. We are going shooting in Coquitlam and then for dinner, so anywhere in between would be great. Any suggestions?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

$44 - Our 8.5 lb burger includes the following: 24 oz of lean beef, sourdough loaf, 4 large dill pickles, generous slather of burger sauce and mayo, one head of lettuce, seven tomato slices, six slices cheese, 20 onion nslices, 9oz grilled green and red peppers, 5 strips bacon, ham, 2 large eggs and 8oz of mushrooms.

How close to the hospital is it?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Wow, how many calories would this be? And would you like fries with that?

miked1101

May 19, 2011
http://www.mrtimes.com/health/Huge+ounce+burger+challenges+everyone/8094981/story.html

However, there's been one person who has finished. According to Jon Gilmore, Witch's operations manager, a successful candidate devoured the entire meal in 19 minutes.

Gilmore said anyone who attempts this massive feat in the next month - and succeeds - will be given $100 and $100 towards a charity of their choice.

Get 100 bucks if you can do it (plus a free meal) :yo:

Edit: Here's a list of a bunch in Vancouver: http://eatfeats.com/calendar/Vancouver.html

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
http://www.mrtimes.com/health/Huge+ounce+burger+challenges+everyone/8094981/story.html

Get 100 bucks if you can do it (plus a free meal) :yo:

Edit: Here's a list of a bunch in Vancouver: http://eatfeats.com/calendar/Vancouver.html

This guy could eat two of them:

tumblr_ma5xzt3wl81rq77vjo1_500.jpg

Canuckz

Jul 8, 2012
What would not be hilarious is the deluge of barf that is likely to be expelled by him later that night, if meal is partially or wholly consumed. In sure he gets a window seat :D

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I wouldn't even know how to attack that thing. Hands I guess? In order to finish it, you might be better off dismantling it and trying to eat it like a normal meal (knife and fork style).

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Went with the witch of endor pub. A bit of a dive but the burger was huge and hilarious.

TQNRqPB.jpg

Yeah I've done that one....the trick is to take little bits of the bun with every bite, and not rely on having salad as a side...it makes no difference.

Got to disagree about it being a dive however...that's just Maple Ridge! Everythings older if its established, and like the coachman and the sheep, they are beginning to renovate.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Yeah I've done that one....the trick is to take little bits of the bun with every bite, and not rely on having salad as a side...it makes no difference.

Got to disagree about it being a dive however...that's just Maple Ridge! Everythings older if its established, and like the coachman and the sheep, they are beginning to renovate.

"However, there's been one person who has finished. According to Jon Gilmore, Witch's operations manager, a successful candidate devoured the entire meal in 19 minutes."

Cogburn is the chosen one!

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Bang on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad