OT: Pfft Do You Even Healthy Body Transformation? (General Lounge Style Discussion)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well you've clearly done a ton of research on it.

Why would it be unhealthy?

This is not a diet that can be sustained for a long period of time, therefore, as a Registered Dietitian, I do not endorse this weight loss diet approach.
When it comes to dieting, as a rule of thumb, people should be wary of methods and fads that presents itself as an easy fix to a complicated problem.
The OMAD diet can be extremely dangerous for children or young adults, people with diabetes or hypoglycemia, obesity, or metabolic rate issues, and it may increase the risk for binge eating.

- Katherine

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
This is not a diet that can be sustained for a long period of time, therefore, as a Registered Dietitian, I do not endorse this weight loss diet approach.
When it comes to dieting, as a rule of thumb, people should be wary of methods and fads that presents itself as an easy fix to a complicated problem.
The OMAD diet can be extremely dangerous for children or young adults, people with diabetes or hypoglycemia, obesity, or metabolic rate issues, and it may increase the risk for binge eating.

- Katherine

Are you Katherine or did you just copy and paste the first link on
OMAD you came across?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What do you usually eat in your one meal?
Depends on the day. In terms of numbers try to get min. 100g protein, up to 200g. Between 1500-2000 calories. Outside of "dinner" might finish it off with a fairly healthy desert of a sweet protein shake (banana pb chocolate) or a bowl of greek yogurt with some fresh berries and granola and/or a bit of honey/maple syrup.

I've always stayed fairly low-carb so the meal is usually some meat and veg (like a steak, with rosted potats and veggies. Or a large chicken breast over a large caesar salad.

Other than that I drink black coffee in the morning and lots of water through the day, sometimes herbal tea.

I've strayed off it a bit this week debating how much longer I will continue. Doubt it will be an every day thing for me but might try to incorporate it into my diet semi-regularly. Like 1 or 2 days a week or a week at a time here or there.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Depends on the day. In terms of numbers try to get min. 100g protein, up to 200g. Between 1500-2000 calories. Outside of "dinner" might finish it off with a fairly healthy desert of a sweet protein shake (banana pb chocolate) or a bowl of greek yogurt with some fresh berries and granola and/or a bit of honey/maple syrup.

I've always stayed fairly low-carb so the meal is usually some meat and veg (like a steak, with rosted potats and veggies. Or a large chicken breast over a large caesar salad.

Other than that I drink black coffee in the morning and lots of water through the day, sometimes herbal tea.

I've strayed off it a bit this week debating how much longer I will continue. Doubt it will be an every day thing for me but might try to incorporate it into my diet semi-regularly. Like 1 or 2 days a week or a week at a time here or there.

As long as you're eating a sufficient amount of calories (ie: Not eating like < 1500 calories a day), I guess it doesn't matter how you get there, but personally for me, eating that many calories at once never feels that good. I'd rather eat more frequently, but smaller portion each meal than to pack everything into one meal.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What protein powders/pre-workuts do you guys use?

I haven't used a pre-workout regularly but am looking for a good quality product. Won't be using it every day so don't mind spending a little extra for quality. Same for protein powder, don't use it every day but want a really good quality one. Maybe with a few different flavour options.

When it come to protein powders I just bought whatever was on sale at the store I was shopping at when I ran out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->