OT: Pfft Do You Even Healthy Body Transformation? (General Lounge Style Discussion)

Discussion in 'Fitness and Training' started by ColePens, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Danko

Danko Give Me All The Bacon and Eggs You Have

Good for you, that is awesome. Sounds very similar to what i ultimately ended up doing around 10 years ago. I started by doing the same, cutting out regular soda, eventually switching from diet soda to diet green tea and water. Cut out eating fast food and greasy burgers. I also found the elliptical worked best for me, i was doing that, walking/jogging and was losing around 20 pounds a month. I went from 350 to 200 before i got my skin surgery....time/life has taken its toll and i got back up to 254 personally but it took around 8 years for it to come back.

Now trying to get down to your current weight of 199....i've been doing Keto for the last 3 weeks and am down 12 pounds.

Anyway, back to your story...very inspirational and a lot of hard work, congrats.

2. RockLobster

RockLobster King in the North

Education
    Yeah, I've got a bit of the loose skin thing going on. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but I've got the hanging belly and some sag in the chest (again, not as bad as I thought it would be).

I don't think I'll stay in the 190's, I have no illusions that like many people time/life will ultimately see me putting on more weight. The important thing is that I'm in a healthier place now. I'm getting to a place where I can allow myself to indulge, ever-so-slightly, on my "cheat days" and go to places like Red Robin w/ my girlfriend & her kids; or I can be "okay" with eating some homemade chocolate chip cookies and milk; and so on. As of now the last 11 months have mostly been me developing the willpower to say "No" to that stuff.

My doctor set my initial goal at 220, and I've blown past that. 195 had always been in the back of my head, because the clothes I'm buying now have tended to fit me in my 200-210 range, so I kind of wanted that "buffer" for myself.

At any rate, it all feels good. It feels good to look the way I do (even though I have imperfections and hate taking my shirt off, because of the aforementioned loose skin...and I live in KS and it's summer time now!), and it feels good to be able to shop for clothes in places that I never could before.

3. CanadianPensFan1

CanadianPensFan1 Registered User

Holy cow, mr rock lobster. Well ****ing done man. 140lbs? Jesus thsys incredible.

For anyone seeking inspiration, this is the guy to talk to.

I applaud thee, sir.

RockLobster and Mrb1p like this.
  4. Mrb1p

Mrb1p PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

My best friend also lost 100+ pounds and his skin is now perfect. It just takes time. Took a year I think for him to have snug skin.

5. RockLobster

Education
    Interesting, I hadn't considered that.

Basically what has remained is a sagging belly (though admittedly nowhere near as saggy/sagging as it once was) and then my pecs. My right one has tightened back up relatively well, the left one...well it's given me a man-boob basically (again though, both are nowhere near as bad as they were when I started).

AND on top of that, in the GOOD news department--I finally reached my "Final Weight Loss Goal", which was 195 lbs. I crossed over to 194.2 this past weekend (though went a little hard on some early 4th of July celebrating, am currently back up in the 196 area). It feels absolutely amazing to have finally achieved the goal I set for myself AND to move in to more of a "Maintain Weight" mode, rather than "Lose Weight" mode. IF I continue to lose weight naturally, so be it, but I personally feel good about where I am, and I've had my family and girlfriend tell me that they believe I'm at the best weight for my body type (and health).

6. Mrb1p

Mrb1p PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Yeah the under belly button sag is probably the toughest to lose.

Its a really nice transformation, now you should strive to find a healthy balance.

RockLobster likes this.
  7. RockLobster

Education
    I mean I long ago started wearing my pants at my waist (as a tailor told me was the proper place), so I don't look like I have a sagging belly when I'm wearing my clothes and all. But obviously it's there. I don't plan on giving up, so I'll keep working at it, but I'm mentally prepared to face the fact that it may always somewhat be there. I can't be too upset at what I've done though, you know? Went from a 3XL (beginning to cross over into 4XL) shirt size to L; went from size 52 in pants to size 36 (and possibly am beginning to creep down into 34).

Mrb1p likes this.
  8. M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31 Damn, he brave!

bulking is tiring

BHD likes this.
  9. Danko

Danko Give Me All The Bacon and Eggs You Have

Im on week 6 of Keto, have been doing One Meal a Day, keeping calories under 1500 and Carbs under 15g and so far so good, people have mentioned it looks like im losing weight, im currently at 237. I don't notice a difference in my clothes fitting differently which is annoying as Im past the initial water weight loss. Going to a wedding this weekend in New Orleans, so likely wont be staying in keto...hoping the rough weekend breaks me out of the current stall. Im still trying to get down to around 200 before end of October

10. JoeThorntonsRooster

JoeThorntonsRooster Big Team Guy

College Student
    Has anybody tried Babylover’s Starting Strength? If so, any general comments on it?

11. BHD

BHD Thanks, Dad.

I never realized how tiring it is to eat until I decided I wanted to bulk up. I knew the weight training would require strength, but man...

12. UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine Registered User

That's where protein shakes and a blender come in. Don't get caught up or spend too much on the protein powder or weight gainer. Instead, focus on the other ingredients that you can blend up to make it into a meal:

- Dry oats
    - Peanut butter (careful not to overdo it)
    - Milled flax seed
    - Banana & other fruit

Instead of just shaking up 100-150 calories of protein powder, you can easily and cheaply turn that into a 600-800 calorie meal. 2x day and there is nearly half your calories for the day.

BHD likes this.
  13. SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge Registered User

How many grams of protein is everybody trying to hit? 200g for me and even with 2 shakes of 2 scoops. It's exhausting and tough to go down.

14. blue425

blue425 Registered User

Home Page:
    Haven't been posting much in FnT, but I've been doing the progressive calisthenics for over two years now.

Very close to getting my first clutch flag.

15. stingo

stingo Registered User

Plant based diet 8 weeks progress .

16. kanuck87

kanuck87 Registered User

Wow I hate bulking so much. I eat at least 5 times a day and I've actually lost weight in each of the last 4 weeks. Probably gonna have to add a pre-sleep meal. I can't eat anymore during the day.

17. LarKing

LarKing Registered User

Try drinking some calories. I do a banana peanut butter protein shake that’s ~650 calories. Easy to down if you like the taste of peanut butter.

18. kanuck87

kanuck87 Registered User

I'll probably just eat a PB sandwich with milk every night before I sleep.

19. Mrb1p

Mrb1p PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I love bulking, but now I have hit a wall at 225. Cant get any higher, I just dont have the appetite.

20. Mrb1p

Mrb1p PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

So it goes from upper left to lower right, right? You got fatter? :sarcasm:

21. Mrb1p

Mrb1p PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I do 200 @ 225 lbs. I think .8 to 2g per pound is fine

SouthGeorge likes this.