Confirmed with Link: OT: NHL reaches new media rights agreement w/ Turner Sports replacing NBC

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Moving SCF to cable only tier is bad move IMO

Also I worry about how NHL/NBA playoffs will work out when TNT/TBS is to be utilized for both

We shall see but overall this deal doesn't appear to be great outside of more $$$ for ownership

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Wait so HBO Max is getting the streaming rights is that what I’m reading? That’s really all I care about is how and where and how much streaming will be.

So no more games on ESPN+?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wait so HBO Max is getting the streaming rights is that what I’m reading? That’s really all I care about is how and where and how much streaming will be.

So no more games on ESPN+?

I assume that is for the 72 regular season games + playoffs (And Finals) for TNT

That ESPN+ will still have rest of package as originally announced

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Does anybody know what this all means for people who rely on Center Ice to watch out of market games? Does this all mean I won’t need Center Ice next year if I have HBO+ and ESPN+?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Glad the league is getting increased revenue. The flip side is how much more is it going to cost us to watch our team? Don't expect an answer soon, but am pretty confident that we're gonna have to ante up more than what we're currently paying.

Not a fan of ESPN. Their constant promos for stuff I don't care about is maddening. And I wish I could turn off their ever present streamer. Ugh.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Hawks manage their own local game rights for all games not on National or Regional networks whose rights are packaged by the NHL itself.

Soho did the Hawks seell tge local rights to ?
Still the local NBC Channel?

What this would mean is that when a Hawks game is on ESPN or TNT theywoukd d need to supply their own broadcast crews....but when it is only a local rights game the local chicago channel that the Hawks sold rights to will still use Foley and the crew chosen by the Hawks to cover their games.
When the games are oart of tge NHL Center Ice package you can buy from some cable suppliers you will get the ESON or TNT broadcasts crews if it is one of thise broadcasts...or you will get Foley et al on the "local" rights games .

So realky not much changes except tge carriers for natuobalkybor regionally broadcast rights games sold by the League.

I get the NHL Center Ice package as part of my Rogers SportsPak.. so I get all Hawks games on that no matter which broadcast crew is television tge game ...However (and I do not know if this will be maintained after the Covid crisis is over or not) during this season therecwss leads choice of broadcast crews for each game ...If it was as NBC game shown nationally or regionally we got that crew. Which was always tge case...but if the game was onlyva local game either homeorxaway,we might be given only 1 option to watch it on Center Ice...we get either the Hawks coverage crew with Foley or we get the opposition broadcast view only with rare exception for a very few double broadcast option nights.

Again in the past CentrevIce gave more double option watching g nights ..Of course I always chose the Foley broadcast ...but now Center Ice seenscto make the majority ofveveningscsubject to the whims of NHL decision-makers as to which broadcast(Hawks or Opps ) will be shown.

In any case I of course wish I coukd watch only the Foley crew team broadcasts that the Hawks control...I hate ...hate watching the opos broadcasts especialky Nashville broadcasts havi g to suffer through Terry Crisp ...insufferable.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
The Hawks manage their own local game rights for all games not on National or Regional networks whose rights are packaged by the NHL itself.

Soho did the Hawks seell tge local rights to ?
Still the local NBC Channel?

What this would mean is that when a Hawks game is on ESPN or TNT theywoukd d need to supply their own broadcast crews....but when it is only a local rights game the local chicago channel that the Hawks sold rights to will still use Foley and the crew chosen by the Hawks to cover their games.
When the games are oart of tge NHL Center Ice package you can buy from some cable suppliers you will get the ESON or TNT broadcasts crews if it is one of thise broadcasts...or you will get Foley et al on the "local" rights games .

So realky not much changes except tge carriers for natuobalkybor regionally broadcast rights games sold by the League.

I get the NHL Center Ice package as part of my Rogers SportsPak.. so I get all Hawks games on that no matter which broadcast crew is television tge game ...However (and I do not know if this will be maintained after the Covid crisis is over or not) during this season therecwss leads choice of broadcast crews for each game ...If it was as NBC game shown nationally or regionally we got that crew. Which was always tge case...but if the game was onlyva local game either homeorxaway,we might be given only 1 option to watch it on Center Ice...we get either the Hawks coverage crew with Foley or we get the opposition broadcast view only with rare exception for a very few double broadcast option nights.

Again in the past CentrevIce gave more double option watching g nights ..Of course I always chose the Foley broadcast ...but now Center Ice seenscto make the majority ofveveningscsubject to the whims of NHL decision-makers as to which broadcast(Hawks or Opps ) will be shown.

In any case I of course wish I coukd watch only the Foley crew team broadcasts that the Hawks control...I hate ...hate watching the opos broadcasts especialky Nashville broadcasts havi g to suffer through Terry Crisp ...insufferable.

What he said. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

The network might want to brush up on it's NHL knowledge before the contract kicks in.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Liam McHugh is good.

Eddie is fine, Darren Pang is f***ing annoying. Kenny Albert is fine, Burke is also fine. Keith Jones is meh, lean towards bad.

Bad crew.

Biz will atleast bring some fun, especially with Toecchet and I like Anson Carter,

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

TNT Exclusive games
Oct 13th - Blackhawks vs Avalanche
Nov 17th - Blackhawks vs Kraken
Jan 26th - Blackhawks vs Red Wings
Feb 2nd - Blackhawks vs Wild
Mar 23rd - Blackhawks vs Ducks

Ad

Upcoming events