OT NFL grievance UPD financial settlement reached

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
dont see this ending well for Kaepernick

for starters, he opted out of his contract, he wasn't released by the team

and unless there is some secret memo saying not to sign him, there's no real way to prove collusion. being "better" is subjective and up to the opinion of each GM.

Also it is the owner's right to choose if they want a player representing their team or not...its the same reason Ray Rice doesn't have a job.

I don't see how him opting out is relevant. The 49ers were going to cut him regardless and the collusion is about him not signing elsewhere. Not signing someone because of his politics being compared to Ray Rice beating a woman to a bloody pulp is quite the ridiculous comparison. People in the public sphere ought to abide by the principles the country is founded upon.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Yup and despite the dip, stock is still up over last week price. I think target demographic for Nike is the type to support the cause. Interesting that Nike just extended its contract earlier this year with NFL until 2028 and here they are capitalizing on something the league would prefer to put behind.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yup and despite the dip, stock is still up over last week price. I think target demographic for Nike is the type to support the cause. Interesting that Nike just extended its contract earlier this year with NFL until 2028 and here they are capitalizing on something the league would prefer to put behind.

negative

It ran between $81 and $82 a share last week and ended yesterday at $79.60 per share

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
negative

It ran between $81 and $82 a share last week and ended yesterday at $79.60 per share

I hope you don't have any aspirations of an investment-related career, because it's clear you have no clue what causes stock price movement, or why Nike and a bunch of similar companies were all down yesterday.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Thought he would try to bring down the house out of principle no matter what. Some supporters will probably call him a sellout now but I think he already did quite a lot for the cause as one person. With the settlement and marketing opportunities (Nike) he may have made more than had he actually played. Now will someone sign him for next season?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Without knowing the settlement details it's next to impossible to guess whether Kaepernick "came out ahead" or not financially.

HairyCanary

Feb 16, 2019
I just find it funny that this whole Kaepernick thing was what made so many people boycott the NFL when they've basically been disrespecting America, as they like to put it, far more than Kaepernick, such as bilking cities like Cincinnati for tons of money, aiding and enabling domestic violence (Josh Brown) and screwing over teams (New Orleans) because they're desperate for relevance in a market (LA) where the only team (Raiders) that plays the sport anyone cares about is heading to another city altogether.

But it's Kaepernick who is anti-American, not the greedy owners or anything.

Right.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I just find it funny that this whole Kaepernick thing was what made so many people boycott the NFL when they've basically been disrespecting America, as they like to put it, far more than Kaepernick, such as bilking cities like Cincinnati for tons of money, aiding and enabling domestic violence (Josh Brown) and screwing over teams (New Orleans) because they're desperate for relevance in a market (LA) where the only team (Raiders) that plays the sport anyone cares about is heading to another city altogether.

But it's Kaepernick who is anti-American, not the greedy owners or anything.

Right.

Explain to me how "the greedy owners" are anti-American?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad