OT NFL grievance UPD financial settlement reached

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
what exactly does he expect the judge to do. The most he could get is $$$. The court has no authority to make the NFL or its teams sign him.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
You don’t think him beating NFL in court is not a big deal?

My point being no matter what the ruling of the lawsuit is, the 32 teams are still not going to sign him. So the most he could get is money.

The courts can't make the NFL sign him. Courts do not have authority to regulate a business.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
My point being no matter what the ruling of the lawsuit is, the 32 teams are still not going to sign him. So the most he could get is money.

The courts can't make the NFL sign him. Courts do not have authority to regulate a business.
He is trying to make a point, not necessarily find a job.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
He is trying to make a point, not necessarily find a job.

I don't think anyone really cares about him anymore. Sure he may get media attention but in terms of public opinion i don't think anyone really cares what he says or does anymore.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

On a personal note he would be up for a nice paycheck and personal satisfaction however this would be nothing in comparison to potential damage to the NFL. If collusion is proven, this is enough to end current CBA. If CBA is killed right in the middle of the season, players could go on strike right before playoffs, baseball style. Killing CBA so soon could potentially cost owners billions as players are getting the short end of the stick compared to other pro leagues.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
On a personal note he would be up for a nice paycheck and personal satisfaction however this would be nothing in comparison to potential damage to the NFL. If collusion is proven, this is enough to end current CBA. If CBA is killed right in the middle of the season, players could go on strike right before playoffs, baseball style. Killing CBA so soon could potentially cost owners billions as players are getting the short end of the stick compared to other pro leagues.

And the players end up getting nothing in terms of salary during any workstoppage if this causes a loss of season. Any work stoppage usually doesn't go well in terms of the players the longer work stoppage goes. The owners are rich enough to wait things out.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Which isn’t his point. If Martin Luther King Jr. couldn’t convince people to stop being racist, he can’t.

Majority People in this country aren't going to care about about his bragging of a victory against the meanies of the NFL.

The point is that he is trying to show the public that the NFL conspiracy against him to not give him a job if he wins he will brag about it trying to gain more support to him and be against the NFL.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
And the players end up getting nothing in terms of salary during any workstoppage if this causes a loss of season. Any work stoppage usually doesn't go well in terms of the players the longer work stoppage goes. The owners are rich enough to wait things out.

Yeah that is a risk NFLPA would need to weight should they ever have the opportunity to decide. Still a very long way away. As unlikely as it may be, just saying there is possibly more at stake here than simply Kaepernick.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
You don’t think him beating NFL in court is not a big deal?

If you read the article you'll see he's not in court. It's being heard by an arbitrator.

Effectively what happened is the arbitrator denied the NFL's motion for summary dismissal of the grievance. The arbitrator ruled against that dismissal, allowing the grievance to continue and both sides to collect more information.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
If you read the article you'll see he's not in court. It's being heard by an arbitrator.

Effectively what happened is the arbitrator denied the NFL's motion for summary dismissal of the grievance. The arbitrator ruled against that dismissal, allowing the grievance to continue and both sides to collect more information.
Oh no I understand that, I am saying if this goes to trial.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
This should be how it works, but NFL is a monopoly. They should not be allowed to collude to keep a man unemployed for his political stance.

Who said they colluded on anything? If I was an owner, he wouldn't be on my team no matter how talented he might be. He's not worth the headache!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
dont see this ending well for Kaepernick

for starters, he opted out of his contract, he wasn't released by the team

and unless there is some secret memo saying not to sign him, there's no real way to prove collusion. being "better" is subjective and up to the opinion of each GM.

Also it is the owner's right to choose if they want a player representing their team or not...its the same reason Ray Rice doesn't have a job.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
dont see this ending well for Kaepernick

for starters, he opted out of his contract, he wasn't released by the team

and unless there is some secret memo saying not to sign him, there's no real way to prove collusion. being "better" is subjective and up to the opinion of each GM.

Also it is the owner's right to choose if they want a player representing their team or not...its the same reason Ray Rice doesn't have a job.

Pretty much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->