OT: NFL Draft TV ratings

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
I take it you don't care for the NFL? Regardless, the drop in ratings is more than likely due to the lockout, and I'd be willing to bet my house that it crushed Nashville/Vancouver on Versus.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I take it you don't care for the NFL? Regardless, the drop in ratings is more than likely due to the lockout, and I'd be willing to bet my house that it crushed Nashville/Vancouver on Versus.

I do like the NFL, I just like the NHL a lot more. I just really want to see the NHL at the top.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
I do like the NFL, I just like the NHL a lot more. I just really want to see the NHL at the top.

I love the NHL as well (and the NFL equally), but it will never be "on top". The NFL is the king of US sports and I don't see that changing for quite some time, even with this lockout. The NHL has made great progress these last 3-4 seasons, no doubt about it, but it has only recently re-solidified itself as the number four sports league.

The NBA lockout is where the NHL should take advantage. They are, in theory anyway, in direct competition with each other during their seasons in many important markets.

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
I like the NFL, but I enjoy seeing its bubble get pricked from time to time.

American sports is probably better off with three or four sports at roughly the same level rather than one dominant sport.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
this doesn't come as a surprise... indeed, the lockout has been getting a lot more press than the draft itself. Normally there's a whole cottage industry of draft coverage, but none of that has happened this year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I hate football not because of the sport, but because how overrated it is in the media. Anything that drops the ratings for ESPN brings joy to my heart.

obsenssive*

Stop calling it "football". It's "US gridiron". US gridiron is massively over-hyped and is losing is credibility.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Stop calling it "football". It's "US gridiron". US gridiron is massively over-hyped and is losing is credibility.

I don't understand why you think you'd need a distinction to say that football is over-hyped and losing its credibility. It's a pretty universal statement that is correct no matter what country you're in.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I happily watched all seven rounds of the draft. Little less interesting due to no CBA so there was no UDFA frenzy to end the weekend, nor could players be traded and of course no FA period yet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The drop in ratings is also because the draft shouldn't be on a god damn Thursday Night. People have better things to do.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The drop in ratings is also because the draft shouldn't be on a god damn Thursday Night. People have better things to do.

This. Plus tie in the odds of a lockout happening, all the drama occuring just prior to the draft, the fact that most 1st round picks are typically already "drafted' before they even go up to the podium or most insiders know who is going where...it really isn't a "OMG!11!!!" unless you are die hard team fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->