NESN OT: NESN production issues (audio, video, graphics, programming)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN has signed a contract with this company from Israel. It will allow them to do more college events as there is no need for a truck....or camera operators :cry:

It won't be used on Bruins and Red Sox productions at the present time but that is the goal.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
i, and several others noticed immediately when the zoom had to be set back due to the glass ads. There are too many things to watch for in a live hockey game for a script to run the camera. I hate the concept. You need a human who knows who and what to look for.

All management cares about is the savings :(

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
NESN has signed a contract with this company from Israel. It will allow them to do more college events as there is no need for a truck....or camera operators :cry:

It won't be used on Bruins and Red Sox productions at the present time but that is the goal.

LOL @nesn using "Live Barn" for cable TV broadcasts.. that's terrible

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They'll care when people stop tuning in because of the poor quality of the broadcast.
Well, when you’ve got a monopoly on the broadcast of the product because team ownership owns the network, what choice do viewers have?

I’m sure the pink hats won’t notice a thing.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TSN has the same ticker software but does not use it while the game is played

upload_2019-11-2_0-33-9.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here is a classic example of how a cameraman can save a telecast - NBC lost power at Fenway Park in 1983 and was left with one camera operated by Mario Ciarlo

The Holy Grail of one-take Steadicam shots is this from 1990

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad