NESN OT: NESN production issues (audio, video, graphics, programming)

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Thank God I don’t I have cable. My DirecTV signal for the sat NESN is on is at 98%

This comes and goes. I forget about it and then there’s nights like this where you go WTF Xfinity. :ha: My son tells me this happens at his friends house in the same city too.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Lost picture entirely for a second and then it came back. Was doing it every 5-6 minutes.

That’s pretty much the same interval with what was going on here but we didn’t lose the picture, it just pixelates and the audio goes choppy

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The game was also on the NHL Network (the NESN feed). Not sure if that had something to do with the issues?

Who knows? We see this with NBCSN too with the Weds games. My son thinks it has something to do with live sports but I don’t see this when the Patriots play. But those are network feeds vs cable so he might be right

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The game was also on the NHL Network (the NESN feed). Not sure if that had something to do with the issues?

No NHL Network gets a direct fiber feed to their control center near Denver. Their studios are in New Jersey but Colorado is their master control.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Joseph Maar, NESN’s vice president of programming and production and executive producer since July 2012, is leaving the network at the end of April. Maar, who had a significant say in the network’s programming and personnel decisions over the past six years, is departing to pursue “interests in sports technology and content production,” per a NESN spokesman. The network has already begun its search to find his replacement.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Joseph Maar, NESN’s vice president of programming and production and executive producer since July 2012, is leaving the network at the end of April. Maar, who had a significant say in the network’s programming and personnel decisions over the past six years, is departing to pursue “interests in sports technology and content production,” per a NESN spokesman. The network has already begun its search to find his replacement.
I take it you are posting this in here because this means their flea circus production quality can only get better now?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I hope it’s just my line and not me :laugh: Should I call Xfinity about this? Is it something they should be able to pick up?
At both ends of the coax cable, unscrew the connection a couple of turns, and then tighten it back up the best you can with your fingers. No guarantees that'll work, but if you call Xfinity, they'll have you do the same thing.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably want to call Video Tech Support.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
It seems they are insinuating that he ran into issues trying to make improvements...

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
At both ends of the coax cable, unscrew the connection a couple of turns, and then tighten it back up the best you can with your fingers. No guarantees that'll work, but if you call Xfinity, they'll have you do the same thing.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably want to call Video Tech Support.

Thanks @Gator Mike. It’s odd it happens really very rarely now so lord knows calling Comcast isn’t gonna do any good

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It seems they are insinuating that he ran into issues trying to make improvements...

I take it you are posting this in here because this means their flea circus production quality can only get better now?

Joe Maar was Tom Werner's point person in Watertown and he found ways to save money on production. NESN has the worst graphics of any RSN in the US and that is about to change.

Let's see who John Henry hires.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Joe Maar was Tom Werner's point person in Watertown and he found ways to save money on production. NESN has the worst graphics of any RSN in the US and that is about to change.

Let's see who John Henry hires.
It is horrible. I don’t even watch except for the Bruins games. They have a laughable 15 sports minute repeating every 15 minutes in the morning. NBC is killing them with content. We won’t talk about the game quality. It’s been beaten to death. Werner screwed everything up.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
It is horrible. I don’t even watch except for the Bruins games. They have a laughable 15 sports minute repeating every 15 minutes in the morning. NBC is killing them with content. We won’t talk about the game quality. It’s been beaten to death. Werner screwed everything up.
Now to be fair you left out those great infomercials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->