OT: OT Lounge (No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ate you the poster that works at a grocery store or am i thinking of someone else?

Anyways, pretty positive I’ve been exposed multiple times to someone that had the virus from either work or a close family member. No clue how it hasn’t gone through all of my work considering we had 12 people out last week with positive tests. I had one negative test after the first exposure around Thanksgiving. My fiancé also tested negative and has had two tests in the last three weeks come back negative leading up to her surgery Monday. She has also been working retail. So either we've unknowingly had it, or something else. Idk. As contagious as this virus is, just minor precautions seem to work pretty well.
Yes unfortunately i work at Superstore .:laugh: I haven't gotten it or had symptoms , knock on wood, i have contact with alot of people too. I don't know if it's pure luck or what but i haven't missed anytime since the whole pandemic started, again knock on wood.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yes unfortunately i work at Superstore .:laugh: I haven't gotten it or had symptoms , knock on wood, i have contact with alot of people too. I don't know if it's pure luck or what but i haven't missed anytime since the whole pandemic started, again knock on wood.

Yeh and we’ve been pretty loose on restrictions down here. My fiancé loves going out but we’ve stopped doing that all together. Maybe eat out or see a friend who we already work with regularly.
On a positive note my grandmother got the second dose of the vaccine last Friday.
On a negative note a coworker has been out for apparently some kind of bad reaction to the vaccine.

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kind of thrilled I have my work out booked back at my gym with my training partner of 23 years for the first time since November.

My kid has outdoor hockey practices and games starting Monday 3 days a week for a while we have 10 hockey events more than I thought we would even have.

I am back at golftec for one practice and one lesson each week until April 2nd

I think I am going to cry I am so happy

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Kind of thrilled I have my work out booked back at my gym with my training partner of 23 years for the first time since November.

My kid has outdoor hockey practices and games starting Monday 3 days a week for a while we have 10 hockey events more than I thought we would even have.

Wanna swap for a 6pm curfew?

Man I miss the swimming pool so bad.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB

Kids play hockey outside ?

With warming winters there should be more of it. Its great l.

When I was little and we all fought for jersey #4 we only got 1 game a year indoors ... maybe playoffs lol and they never canceled games

Reactions: ps241

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There must me a misprint in that red Ferrari they have advertised on here for $ 6, 992, 000.00 they must mean $ 69,920. 00 :nod:

I mean this is Winnipeg -- right.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Ate you the poster that works at a grocery store or am i thinking of someone else?

Anyways, pretty positive I’ve been exposed multiple times to someone that had the virus from either work or a close family member. No clue how it hasn’t gone through all of my work considering we had 12 people out last week with positive tests. I had one negative test after the first exposure around Thanksgiving. My fiancé also tested negative and has had two tests in the last three weeks come back negative leading up to her surgery Monday. She has also been working retail. So either we've unknowingly had it, or something else. Idk. As contagious as this virus is, just minor precautions seem to work pretty well.
Secondary attack rate in household settings is around 20% for symptomatic people and 0.7%-3.2% for asymptomatics. In other words, even if you have full on covid, you have an 80% chance of not even passing it on to someone you live with.

They've tested all the contacts twice of the person who tested positive with the B117 variant, all were negative. That's the supposedly more tansnsmissable one.

I think people are under the impression that if you just walk past someone in the store with their mask under their nose you can catch it. That's not how viruses work. Even the app won't register a contact unless you've been within 6 feet of someone for at least 15 minutes, although they're considering lowering the time because variants

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kids play hockey outside ?

With warming winters there should be more of it. Its great l.

When I was little and we all fought for jersey #4 we only got 1 game a year indoors ... maybe playoffs lol and they never canceled games

That was my era too.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Secondary attack rate in household settings is around 20% for symptomatic people and 0.7%-3.2% for asymptomatics. In other words, even if you have full on covid, you have an 80% chance of not even passing it on to someone you live with.

They've tested all the contacts twice of the person who tested positive with the B117 variant, all were negative. That's the supposedly more tansnsmissable one.

I think people are under the impression that if you just walk past someone in the store with their mask under their nose you can catch it. That's not how viruses work. Even the app won't register a contact unless you've been within 6 feet of someone for at least 15 minutes, although they're considering lowering the time because variants

Thanks for the info. Haven’t followed as closely in the last couple of months but that makes a lot of sense.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Currently getting snow flurries down here. Nothing is sticking but it’s mid 20sF. Concern this morning was ice as we got a lot of rain yesterday and well into the night and then the temp plummeted like 15 degrees in 2-3 hrs. Like 40F to 25F. That’s what caused that massive ice storm like 8 years ago.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Currently getting snow flurries down here. Nothing is sticking but it’s mid 20sF. Concern this morning was ice as we got a lot of rain yesterday and well into the night and then the temp plummeted like 15 degrees in 2-3 hrs. Like 40F to 25F. That’s what caused that massive ice storm like 8 years ago.

Better get the snow tires on and plug in the block heater. :nod:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Holy smokes! Back into some serious golf? Well done! Exciting your kids are playing hockey, nothing scheduled out here for outdoors, seasons here are done. That’s impressive, same trainer for that long!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
What are snow tires? :sarcasm:

I had to explain this to my friend in Minneapolis of all places. He'd never heard of them. He was also baffled by black steel rims, a ubiquitous Manitoba thing. Even on my new car when I got winter tires I had to buy black rims on principle. They were quite a bit more than the steel rims and a lot nice looking, but had to be black. I assume anyone not using black rims doesn't have snow tires. :laugh:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I remember the one over superbowl weekend - that must have been 20 years ago now?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Wanna swap for a 6pm curfew?

Man I miss the swimming pool so bad.
I really want my gym (YMCA) to open back up at regular capacity. Didn’t think I’d miss it this much :(

Hopefully only a few more months until we get covid under control

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
20210205-133548.jpg
I think it's hilarious my kid has a Pavelec jersey but 14 bucks is a deal I won't say no to.

If your wife bought it to troll you I would be most pleased lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->