OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty sure no one is winning their March madness pool this year. Like everyone should just agree to take back their entry fees

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Pretty sure no one is winning their March madness pool this year. Like everyone should just agree to take back their entry fees

I had 'Cuse. Living here, I know all too well about Sparty's ability to underachieve. They had the talent to win it all, amd misses 15 straight shots down the stretch.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Also, I bought a Margaritaville to add to my bar. Clutch purchase. Thinking about getting a hot tub as well.... bring on the summer of soggy!

apollo

May 3, 2009
Hello,

My apologies for posting a thread. I wasn't sure where to put this.

I'll be travelling to Toronto with my girlfriend to see the Leafs vs. Jets at the end of the month. We'll be staying downtown. She has never been to Toronto and I want her to love it so it's easier to convince her to come back for more games.

Just looking for some good places to take her other than the normal I know about (Eaton, ACC, HHOF, CN Tower, Ripley's)

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Hello,

I'll be travelling to Toronto with my girlfriend to see the Leafs vs. Jets at the end of the month. We'll be staying downtown. She has never been to Toronto and I want her to love it so it's easier to convince her to come back for more games.

Just looking for some good places to take her other than the normal I know about (Eaton, ACC, HHOF, CN Tower, Ripley's)

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Distillery, Kensington, Casa Loma, Harbour front

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
What kind of atmosphere are you guys looking for, and are you looking to spend, or trying to have a good, cheap time?

There are a few great stage theatres downtown if you wanted to catch a show, or tons of live music venues where you can grab a couple drinks and get some cheap entertainment (The Horseshoe is legendary, but the only food option there is an A&W takeout window inside; Sneaky Dee's is a lot of fun if you're into a more alternative scene (downstairs is a funky restaurant, upstairs has a dance floor, with lots of different events to look into); and The Hideout just moved/re-opened next door to Sneak's, which often has great bands and reasonable drinks).

If the weather's nice enough to walk around, I recommend checking out the Distillery District. It's close enough to downtown, but has a rustic, old-timey feel to it that's different from most other neighbourhoods in the city. Not a lot in the ways of great shopping there or anything (at least in my experience) but it's a beautiful spot, the Mill Street brewery is there, and there are a couple really nice restaurants (including a wicked Mexican place called El Catrin, which boasts one of the coolest interior designs I've seen in Toronto).

The Kensington area, as White Shadow mentioned, is also amazing. If you have a chance to walk around during a weekend afternoon, it's absolutely bustling - They do street festivals sometimes, and it's just a really cool atmosphere to be a part of, especially in the heart of a city like Toronto, so close to all the regular traffic.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Distillery, Kensington, Casa Loma, Harbour front

Those are all good. Would also mention St. Lawrence Market and Queen st West.

And the Eaton Centre is super boring IMO, just another mall. If she needs to go shoe shopping or something Queen West should check that box too and there's plenty of place you can have a drink while she's shopping.

Reactions: IBeL13f

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Very underrated and romantic dinner spot is Branca Restaurant.

It's like a 15 minute driver from the downtown core.

Small Argentinian restaurant.

Amazing food if you eat meat.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Those are all good. Would also mention St. Lawrence Market and Queen st West.

And the Eaton Centre is super boring IMO, just another mall. If she needs to go shoe shopping or something Queen West should check that box too and there's plenty of place you can have a drink while she's shopping.
Yep, Queen West is very cool as well. Very bohemian - lots of record stores, tattoo parlors, trendy shopping... Tons of music venues around there, too, including The Horseshoe, the Rivoli (good for food, music and comedy), Bovine Sex Club, and very close to Velvet Underground on King.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yep, Queen West is very cool as well. Very bohemian - lots of record stores, tattoo parlors, trendy shopping... Tons of music venues around there, too, including The Horseshoe, the Rivoli (good for food, music and comedy), Bovine Sex Club, and very close to Velvet Underground on King.

Yeah, you made a good point though - what kind of vibe is the OP looking for,? Without knowing that we're just guessing.

I enjoy reading threads like this as I've become somewhat reclusive in recent years and feel like I don't even know what the hell is happening in this city anymore. Maybe I'll read something that inspires! :)

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
If you go to Sneak's, don't leave without signing the guest book! If you can't find it, just look at any surface. If you see a blank space, there ya go.

Reactions: IBeL13f

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
One of my favorite cities in Canada. If you want her to love it, try to avoid the traffic.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Hey guys.

This will sound rudimentary at best, but what do you message a woman you're interested in that you met online?

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
hi. would you like to meet in person and chat?

the key is meeting face to face. it'll save you from wasting a lot of "online" time.

it'll also set you apart from others who only want to flirt through online chatting.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I apologize ahead of time for this plug, but I told a friend of mine I would help assist with his fundraiser.

He is raffling off a signed Authentic Mitch Marner Jersey which I managed to get for him, as well as countless other things such as Jays Tickets and apparel, countless gift cards, Indoor Skydiving trip etc etc etc. Its a winner take all style raffle so the Grand Prize is pretty appealing.

But if anyone is interested in a chance of winning a beautiful Marner Jersey DM me for details.

Again apologies if this is the wrong place.

Last edited:

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I don't know the specifics, but careful with the booze.
I used to run a auction house and it was a big no no because technically, you need a licence.
Keep it on the down low

Noted and edited the original post!

Appreciate the heads up and will relay the knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->