OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Watched Hasan Minhaj's special on Netflix. Really funny and really hit home.

On the topic of Gambino, I doubt he stops making music in the long run. He might take a hiatus but he's too creative to just stop completely.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Watched Hasan Minhaj's special on Netflix. Really funny and really hit home.

On the topic of Gambino, I doubt he stops making music in the long run. He might take a hiatus but he's too creative to just stop completely.

He's very creative for sure! I hope he doesn't quit music

Awaken, My Love! was amazing. More of a jazz type album I think

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Does anybody know any good tattoo places in Toronto?? Thinking about getting my first tat done, but don't really know any good spots.. I'm willing the spend the money, dont wanna go to some joeblow and get a crappy tat that im going to regret in a years time.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Does anybody know any good tattoo places in Toronto?? Thinking about getting my first tat done, but don't really know any good spots.. I'm willing the spend the money, dont wanna go to some joeblow and get a crappy tat that im going to regret in a years time.

Obligatory:

OG2hHwW.jpg

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Talk to someone who has worked in the trades making that "great money" for 20 years. See where they are. How they speak. How they present themselves. What they can speak of in life that is important. How they are looked at by others (trust me, all this is important).

Then compare with the university - proper degree, mind you - university educated person, who may have initially started off with a much poorer paying job, but has gone somewhere since.

Compare.

Then decide.

What a disgraceful generalization.

Which group do you believe you fall into in terms of presenting yourself?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Don't judge - how about that?

Many people are pushed to go to university that really shouldn't. It's a shame, but to some, college has a stigma

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

A tip: Don't use the term "tat". Artists and enthusiasts alike cannot stand the short form. It's not a long word to begin with.

As for an artist, your best bet is to take your idea out into the world, and sit down and talk with a few. Different artists specialize in different styles, for the most part. When I was getting my sleeve, I went to a well known artist in my area, one of the best, and he told me that I would be better off giving my money to someone else, simply based on the style of art not being his specialty. I'm happy he did, because I love my sleeve, and the artist who did the work has thus far done all of my work. He's an old aquaintance from high school, and so i've never paid full price.

That said, Derek Lewis at The Lewis Family Tattoo Company is an awesome guy, and a great artist. Check out his instagram.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Today I learned that Marek Svatos died.

I remember back wanting the Leafs to somehow acquire him. Jeeez

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Today I learned that Marek Svatos died.

I remember back wanting the Leafs to somehow acquire him. Jeeez

That was awhile ago. It was discussed on this board.... where the hell were you?!

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Out of curiosity, for those of you that have gone on to obtain degrees from universities and colleges, what did you major in? I've got a year and a half left in my program and can't wait to be finished.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Out of curiosity, for those of you that have gone on to obtain degrees from universities and colleges, what did you major in? I've got a year and a half left in my program and can't wait to be finished.

History/Political Science, minor Philosophy.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm

BSc. in Applied Physics
BSc. in Chemistry

And about to finish MSc. in Materials Engineering.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Maiden and Ghost come to Toronto on July 15th at the amphitheater. I was at their show at Prudential Center tonight and all I can say is you all MUST go. Maiden is Maiden and Ghost are just freaking amazing. Trust me you will not regret it.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

BSc in Biology, half way done my DMD

member 262271

Maiden and Ghost come to Toronto on July 15th at the amphitheater. I was at their show at Prudential Center tonight and all I can say is you all MUST go. Maiden is Maiden and Ghost are just freaking amazing. Trust me you will not regret it.

Ah hell, girlfriend and I were going to see Ghost in Fargo next weekend but alas wallet is a little light. Will try and see em' next time the opportunity arises.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB

Majored in Classical Studies, minored in Judaic Studies (though I believe I had enough credits to minor in Russian as well). Then did my MA in Classics.

foresterab

May 5, 2016
HBSc - Forestry.

For what it's worth to the trades discussion wife has her Red Seal in Hairdressing...and swears she should have gone to University. Me...I swear by the trades due to instrumentation/electrical guys making 100,000+ here at 21. But that's the oil patch for you and small rural town. Take a pay cut to work closer to a major center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->