OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread July 2018

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Was super cool to see Tiger not just on the leaderboard during the back 9 on the last day of a major, but actually in sole possession of the lead. Unfortunately it was only for an instant as he went +3 on the next two holes but still, that was exciting stuff and hopefully a sign of things to come. Coolest moment was that incredible risky but successful shot out of a fairway bunker, TV guy said something like "is this the year 2000"? :)

Reactions: Kelly

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Was super cool to see Tiger not just on the leaderboard during the back 9 on the last day of a major, but actually in sole possession of the lead. Unfortunately it was only for an instant as he went +3 on the next two holes but still, that was exciting stuff and hopefully a sign of things to come. Coolest moment was that incredible risky but successful shot out of a fairway bunker, TV guy said something like "is this the year 2000"? :)
Was never a fan of Tiger but have to admit I found myself pulling for him. With Rose and McIlroy in at -6, I was really hoping for a playoff.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This is happening way too often. The city many of us grew up knowing seems like a distant memory.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Was never a fan of Tiger but have to admit I found myself pulling for him. With Rose and McIlroy in at -6, I was really hoping for a playoff.

Yup, playoff would have been awesome!

Tiger the golfer I love to watch and Tiger the person I don't really think about too much, that's the way I usually approach these things.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Well it sounds like you have the right reasons to want to go home. Nothing worse than trying to re-live old glory days or anything along those lines.

I would definitely plan it out in terms of work, where you want to live, what's the best situation for you to be in and try to bank some cash to give you a head start and leverage that plan. Basically form an exit strategy that you can capitalize on your better income now and such.

Don't rush the process, even if it's still a year or two out, it could be still worthwhile
i gotta say this is one of my favourite posts in the boards man...good stuff. i always come over and see this and gives me a smile good on ya my man.

also being in india one year after my dad's death...holy crap realizing how much of a zombie i was and how much it affected my work versus being present now.

Fun fact...toronto's weather is not too far from delhi's :laugh: WHAT IS HEAT!?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Stay strong Toronto. This is horrible. I know many were shot but I can't help but to keep thinking about that little 9 year old girl in critical condition. To all the police,paramedics and everyday people that stepped up in a scary situation to help out I love you all......

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I wish they could bring the shooter back to life just so they could kill him again. I know that wouldn't do anything to help the victims, but I'm f***ing pissed right now. My blood is absolutely boiling. This is our city. It belongs to us. How f***ing dare he. I hope hell is real so that this cowardly, despicable monster burns for all eternity.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This is not the Toronto so many of us grew up in. The gun violence has finally caught up with us now that we've grown into one of the largest urban population centres in North America.

My parents never worried about me going to outdoor public venues as a teenager but I will not feel as secure when my kids get older. It's sad but true.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
My wife and I were hanging out last weekend right where this happened. It is just happening too much and too often and I don't know what the answer is.:(

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In a Dutch newspaper they said this was shooting 220 this year in Toronto. Absolutely shocking, when will this madness end...

When there's one person left standing?

Seriously though, I wouldn't count on it ending any time soon. I hate to be cynical but it's the big city syndrome and it was only a matter of time before this kind of thing stared happening here (and it actually started some time ago). Take a look at the world around us, it's going to get worse before it gets better. If it ever gets better that is ...

All I can think to do to help stop this crap is to care and show you care by talking about it with everyone you can as often as you can and educate your children!

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
So I've been living in Saskatchewan for 8 years now having moved from New-Brunswick and lately I've really been feeling like I want to move back home. I moved to Sask for work and there definitely isn't more of that in NB but I miss rivers and hills and trees and such. I can't stand the politics in the east coast.

I'm not a kid anymore like when I left NB and I've got 8 years of working in the oilfield but I'm pretty torn between remaining in Sask for work but with a higher cost of living or moving back home where my family is, work for less but have a lower cost of living. :help:

Man, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick are probably Canada’s most underrated provinces. Sounds to me like you’ve been stuck in the prairies though! If youre an outdoorsy guy, and you get a few days off, take a drive North man! I mean far north! The boreal forest is AMAZING! Go a couple hours north of La Loche on the west, or Walleston Lake on the east! My most favourite places I’ve been to in Canada!!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I hope everyone's family and friends are safe. This is happening just way too often in TO. What happened to this city? So many crazies are now occupying the city. No offense but I do not believe the family of the culprit saying they didn't know that his condition was so worse that it would lead to such aggression.

How can medical fraternity that treated that psycho not see any signs of such trouble and where the hell did he get the weapon from?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Hey guys to all of you that live in Toronto and maybe Danforth area. We're thinking of you guys from Edmonton. I visit Toronto quite a bit lately and even though I hear negative **** on here all the time about Toronto and everything I still love the city. Its a great city and there always seems to be a cool vibe about it that keeps bringing me back, this incident doesnt scare me off.

My last trip was 3 years ago and I walked from The Rex down what I thought was a pretty dark Spadina all the way back to my hotel on bloor at the time and I didnt feel the least bit scared/nervous. Anyone that ****s on Toronto is clueless. You guys are great people.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Man, Saskatchewan and New Brunswick are probably Canada’s most underrated provinces. Sounds to me like you’ve been stuck in the prairies though! If youre an outdoorsy guy, and you get a few days off, take a drive North man! I mean far north! The boreal forest is AMAZING! Go a couple hours north of La Loche on the west, or Walleston Lake on the east! My most favourite places I’ve been to in Canada!!
Honestly I really like the prairies too though. I'll definitely end up missing it if or when I move. I love the prairie storms and the fact that we don't get much snow. I've been meaning to take a trip up north at some point and check it out, just haven't gotten around to it.

As far as NB goes, the only thing holding that province back is the economy. It's a very nice place to live with a lot cost of living but gets overlooked by most people that are still working age. The geography, landscape, rivers, etc, are all gorgeous in NB. The prairies is different but it's still a very scenic place. I still remember feeling like I landed on the moon when I got off my flight in Regina and got on the highway for the first time. Life just goes slower on the east coast though.

Really depends on the person I guess but I've lived in small towns my whole life so the lack of any really big urban centres in NB and Sask never bothered me. If the population is over 100k it's a "big city" to me lol. You guys that have lived in T.O your whole life will probably get a chuckle out of that lol

Edit: Nice avatar!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Was out for dinner in Yorkville Friday, and had to hit a 10 O'clock LCBO because I didn't get out of dinner until 9:30 (meaning most in the city were closed) before I went to a friends place at Jones and Danforth. Knowing the Broadview LCBO is open until 10, I went there and walked from Broadview to Jones right along Danforth. I spend a lot of time there having multiple good friends who grew up there and have chosen to currently live there. This obviously hits close to home. This type of stuff is insanity.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Awful and sad news. I haven’t lived in Toronto since 2010...but if I’m being honest this summer and past year or so isn’t reminding me of the city I love so much. Let’s hope this is the last time we hear of something like this for a long time.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Anyone traveling by GO bus frequently here? I have a question for you, and it may seem stupid but here goes. I may have to go on Friday morning from Yorkdale bus terminal over to Pearson International, where do you tap your presto card? Because I know you need to tap on and off. Do you tap your presto card on the bus? Or inside the station before you board? And then tap off when you arrive? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Anyone traveling by GO bus frequently here? I have a question for you, and it may seem stupid but here goes. I may have to go on Friday morning from Yorkdale bus terminal over to Pearson International, where do you tap your presto card? Because I know you need to tap on and off. Do you tap your presto card on the bus? Or inside the station before you board? And then tap off when you arrive? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
i dont travel much on the go bus but im pretty sure its inside the bus bro from what i know? unless they specifically tell you outside the station and then when get to the station over at pearson tap once more to complete the trip,

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->