OT-Hockey East

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
5 unanswered for BU. they played like absolute ******* for the first 30 or so minutes and have looked like a completely different team since.

BCs defense is non existent

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
5 unanswered for BU. they played like absolute ******* for the first 30 or so minutes and have looked like a completely different team since.

BCs defense is non existent

It's awesome. Probably one of Parker's classic chair throwing sessions. It worked for sure. Keep it together boys.

slegr_71

Apr 22, 2004
Greenville, NC
As a UML alum, I'm glad to see them in the championship game. They went Div I my senior year (and boy was that a painful season!!) so I'm glad to see them doing well these days in Div I. Go River Hawks!! (or if you're an old fart like me, Go Chiefs! :D)

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sucks my Friars lost. Hope they get a bid over UNH to the tourney will be a ****ing joke if they don't. Even so good season boys.

Umile is horrible. He was bad back in the day but right now he's bringing a big time program down. I think that program would be competing for national championships if they dumped that old idiot he should be moved on instead of Parker guy is a horrible coach all he does is choke any time the games matter.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Sucks my Friars lost. Hope they get a bid over UNH to the tourney will be a ****ing joke if they don't. Even so good season boys.

Umile is horrible. He was bad back in the day but right now he's bringing a big time program down. I think that program would be competing for national championships if they dumped that old idiot he should be moved on instead of Parker guy is a horrible coach all he does is choke any time the games matter.

You are the perfect example of the saying, "better be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and confirm it ".

Umile has had a great career in college hockey. Care to tell us what the hell you have done in your
life pal, that allows you to trash a decent guy?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
It's awesome. Probably one of Parker's classic chair throwing sessions. It worked for sure. Keep it together boys.

Do it fer Jack!

Go figure. My two college rooting interests swap personalities. The #1 Gophers lose in the conference semis to a crappy Colorado College team and the Terriers beat a what is by all indicators a superior BC team. It's bizarro world.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Whoever is going should see a helluva game. ULowell has the team but BU will be going on pure emotion. Last time Parker ever coaches at the Garden no matter who wins.

I'll need to put new batteries in the remote for tonight.

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
Even as a BC fan, it's hard not to be rooting for BU tonight. They don't come much greater than Jackie Parker.

If you grew up in New England and follow hockey at all you know who Jackie Parker is and you probably have even met one of his former players.

Should be a great game.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Congratulations to UMass-Lowell!!!!! :handclap::handclap:

I was real impressed with UML last year. The addition of Hellenbuyck has cemented them as a
a legit threat to win it all. Forwards like Wilson, Wetmore, Arnold, Wright & Pendenza are very good players.

I'm a UMass - Amherst grad but glad to see UML break the "big four" hegemony.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Great game last night. Congrats to UML....first time since 1996 that one of the big 4 gets to see a championship banner raised in the Garden.

Was pleasantly surprised to see (and hear) a lot of UML fans last night. Brought tons of energy, lots of competing chants between the two fan bases.

Great skating, fantastic goaltending on both sides. One of the most competitive Championship games I've been to. You knew early on that all it might take was one opportunity, and thats all UML needed.. Good luck to them in the NCAA's.

As a BU alum.....still very odd to see Jack Parker's last game. I don't know a BU hockey world without him in it. I'd be happy but dead shocked if they get an at-large bid. The tournament run might help, but those two losses to Harvard might have been the turning point.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Great game last night. Congrats to UML....first time since 1996 that one of the big 4 gets to see a championship banner raised in the Garden.

Was pleasantly surprised to see (and hear) a lot of UML fans last night. Brought tons of energy, lots of competing chants between the two fan bases.

Great skating, fantastic goaltending on both sides. One of the most competitive Championship games I've been to. You knew early on that all it might take was one opportunity, and thats all UML needed.. Good luck to them in the NCAA's.

As a BU alum.....still very odd to see Jack Parker's last game. I don't know a BU hockey world without him in it. I'd be happy but dead shocked if they get an at-large bid. The tournament run might help, but those two losses to Harvard might have been the turning point.

The loss eliminates BU per the the rankings. Parker holds the record for wins at one school.
I can remember him playing at BU with former Lowell coach Billy Riley. I think that's 48 years
if Parker's life tied up with BU.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Congrats to UML and good luck to them in the tournament!

F UNH its a joke they got a bid over PC (and BU) I guess its time for Umile to do his usual choke job. Poor UNH that guy should take a page from Parker and leave b/c if they had a good coach instead of him they'd be better than BC/BU it would be them and Minny as the 2 biggest powers in college hockey I think. I hope they get bounced I wish they weren't in the tournament.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You are the perfect example of the saying, "better be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and confirm it ".

Umile has had a great career in college hockey. Care to tell us what the hell you have done in your
life pal, that allows you to trash a decent guy?

nm forget it

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Congrats to UML and good luck to them in the tournament!

F UNH its a joke they got a bid over PC (and BU) I guess its time for Umile to do his usual choke job. Poor UNH that guy should take a page from Parker and leave b/c if they had a good coach instead of him they'd be better than BC/BU it would be them and Minny as the 2 biggest powers in college hockey I think. I hope they get bounced I wish they weren't in the tournament.

I am glad UNH made it into the tournament. And other than Providence (who was essentially the Achilles heel for the Wildcats all year) they played well against all their other opponents.

It would be nice to see UNH make it to the Frozen Four.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Sucks that the Friars did not get in. However, this will only motivate them more next year. This team will no longer be two free wins a year for the fat cats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad