OT: flying(?) to Finland

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Hello!

The airport of Oulu is under renovation (!) and I cannot fly there to easily get to mökki in Puolanka.

I am in Uppsala, Sweden (not far from Stockholm).

Are any of the other airports within ~2 hours of driving distance from Puolanka or will I need to fly to the north of Sweden and take a bus or train from there?

Also.. VR.fi is down for foreign IPs, so if someone can give me estimates on how long it takes with train from Turku to either Vaala or Oulu I would really appreciate it...

Please help me, I need my sauna and järvi!

Here is Puolanka:

https://www.google.se/maps/place/89...dacf368990141879!8m2!3d64.8674744!4d27.675203

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Hello!

The airport of Oulu is under renovation (!) and I cannot fly there to easily get to mökki in Puolanka.

I am in Uppsala, Sweden (not far from Stockholm).

Are any of the other airports within ~2 hours of driving distance from Puolanka or will I need to fly to the north of Sweden and take a bus or train from there?

Also.. VR.fi is down for foreign IPs, so if someone can give me estimates on how long it takes with train from Turku to either Vaala or Oulu I would really appreciate it...

Please help me, I need my sauna and järvi!

Here is Puolanka:

https://www.google.se/maps/place/89...dacf368990141879!8m2!3d64.8674744!4d27.675203

Turku-Oulu is 7-9 hours. Turku-Vaala takes 10-12 hours. VR at it's finest... :help:

Finavia lists all Finnish airports in their website (also available in Swedish ;)). At a quick glance, I was able to spot a connection from Helsinki to Kajaani, which would be about as far from Puolanka as Oulu. You could also try Kuusamo or Kokkola, but those are a bit further away...

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Turku-Oulu is 7-9 hours. Turku-Vaala takes 10-12 hours. VR at it's finest... :help:

Finavia lists all Finnish airports in their website (also available in Swedish ;)). At a quick glance, I was able to spot a connection from Helsinki to Kajaani, which would be about as far from Puolanka as Oulu. You could also try Kuusamo or Kokkola, but those are a bit further away...

Nothing wrong with my finnish, except a slight accent ;)

Thanks for the help!

Kajaani would be wicked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad