OT: Flyers GM needed for mock trade deadline exercise

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
This looks like a task for someone who wants to blow up the whole thing. At least make the mock trade deadline entertaining compared to what’ll probably happen.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
have faith!
EMUyCSX8bcG07BSMj7-5_vklgzHWfPFR4xCMnSVYoMJnISksWd2JAouuXNvrKHWmGJNZUXkb103lDGJoCgmc4JFUq-oYamsD7o807qWfS0HzjNPBXIfXdLWsJqv6pKM0nodwT0dNfBdFPdBZU1ANdSsweLPFH3JeJPDHeDtp9T5fTAbD20S-a7Ny

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
:avs :flyers

The Colorado Avalanche trade Shane Bowers, 2021 COL 3rd, and 2021 5th (*conditional) to the Philadelphia Flyers for Scott Laughton and Justin Braun.

* The condition on the 5th round pick is that Colorado reaches the SCF and Laughton plays 80% of playoff games.

-4.1M Gained in cap space (making room for FA Dman.)
-Never have to watch Braun again.
-Gained Bowers, (younger version of laughton) Power forward, can play wing or center. Was 1st Round Pick. 21 Years of age.
-Gained a 3rd Round Pick in this years draft.
-COL could easily reach finals. So we can get back that 5th Round Pick we are missing.
-We can watch York play instead for last 20 games.
-Laughton will still be UFA, can try to sign him again, if possible.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
The Vancouver Canucks have a made a trade.

The Canucks have traded D Ollie Juolevi + G Jake Kielly + a 2021 7th round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for D Robert Hagg + G Alex Lyon + a 2022 2nd round pick + a 2023 3rd round pick

-Yes, ladies and gentleman. Hagg is gone forever.
-Acquired 1st Round Pick D-man Ollie Juolevi who has been great in the limited time he's played this year. (Could become top 4 D man. Lots of upside)
-Lost 2 high picks. But neither are from this years draft. We have an abundance of prospects, and picks. That was the cost to lose Hagg. So im fine with it.
-Lyon is done here anyways. Ersson + Fedotov + Sandstrom + Ustimenko etc...
-Other goalie is just a throw in.
-And i got us another 7th in this years draft. now giving us, 1st,2nd,3rd,3rd,4th,5th maybe,6th,7th,7th ... 8 maybe 9 picks this year.

Also gained a little bit more salary space.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver

Ollie Juolevi is going to be a good D-man. I also managed to move, Hagg, Braun.
Sure we lost a 2nd and a 3rd. (big overpayment) But these are players who wont touch the ice for another 5 years.
We want to fast track, and win now.
I also gained 5M in cap space. So if we sign Hamilton.
I think i did well.

Bowers, is also going to be a solid player. PWF, a younger version of laughton. I Also got a 3rd back. so cancels out the one i lost above. And could be getting a 5th back too. ALL for THIS years draft.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
If we took laughton, braun, and hagg of the flyers. We are not worse. We probably get better.
Getting 2 young players with high upside. and cap space for a big signing. (could even bring Laughton back... via UFA)

But i wouldnt. we need cap space for Back up goalie, and D man.

If we lose Voracek (8M) or NAK via expansion. Then we sign a forward as well.

Reactions: BernieParent

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The Vancouver Canucks have a made a trade.

The Canucks have traded D Ollie Juolevi + G Jake Kielly + a 2021 7th round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for D Robert Hagg + G Alex Lyon + a 2022 2nd round pick + a 2023 3rd round pick

-Yes, ladies and gentleman. Hagg is gone forever.
-Acquired 1st Round Pick D-man Ollie Juolevi who has been great in the limited time he's played this year. (Could become top 4 D man. Lots of upside)
-Lost 2 high picks. But neither are from this years draft. We have an abundance of prospects, and picks. That was the cost to lose Hagg. So im fine with it.
-Lyon is done here anyways. Ersson + Fedotov + Sandstrom + Ustimenko etc...
-Other goalie is just a throw in.
-And i got us another 7th in this years draft. now giving us, 1st,2nd,3rd,3rd,4th,5th maybe,6th,7th,7th ... 8 maybe 9 picks this year.

Also gained a little bit more salary space.
You had me at no more Hagg

Reactions: KrazyKat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->