OT Eric Veilleux Show (QMJHL Coach B-C)

goldglove

Mar 10, 2007
QC
well he did that late in the 2nd and his team was trailing 3-0.. BC scored 3 goals in the third and won in SO

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
The reason BC is such an ugly team to play against is because of this nut behind the bench. He's extremely aggressive, which the players feed off of, making what I think the Drakkur the dirtiest team in the league.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
That's an embarrassment to his team and he should apologize.

Last edited:

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
As a Drakkar Fan, I understand that Coach Veilleux was upset with the refs, but what we saw here is a poor example of self-control. Keep it together man!!

The officiating is getting worse, and how that's possible is beyond me. People lo he Veilleux and Benoît Groulx need to get together to try to force the league to fix it. I'm surprised that this was the only time we've seen a coach flip out in the past few days.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
The officiating is getting worse, and how that's possible is beyond me. People lo he Veilleux and Benoît Groulx need to get together to try to force the league to fix it. I'm surprised that this was the only time we've seen a coach flip out in the past few days.

Definitely agree the officiating has been sub par at best this season. There have been countless blatant calls missed against Halifax and the visiting team at the Metro this season.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Definitely agree the officiating has been sub par at best this season. There have been countless blatant calls missed against Halifax and the visiting team at the Metro this season.

I think it's interesting to note that the referee who Veilleux was throwing sticks at/in protest of is the same ref who prompted the Benoît Groulx poubelle incident.

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
I don't know if I'm going off subject here, but just last week when the Drakkar played the Tigres and the Cataractes, yes on one I side was happy that my team got a lot of PPs, but then again I thought that a lot of the penalties being given to the opposite teams were just plain stupid, almost like the refs were doing it on purpose to make them lose. I'm for my team winning, but not when the refs give out dumb penalties like they did, it was absolutely unfair...........

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
It definitely wasn't the proper way to handle the situation but in a way I don't blame him. It's been very frustrating to say the least watching the horrendous officiating. In the end it worked out for Baie Comeau ... it got the players fired up and they came back and won the game.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I don't know if I'm going off subject here, but just last week when the Drakkar played the Tigres and the Cataractes, yes on one I side was happy that my team got a lot of PPs, but then again I thought that a lot of the penalties being given to the opposite teams were just plain stupid, almost like the refs were doing it on purpose to make them lose. I'm for my team winning, but not when the refs give out dumb penalties like they did, it was absolutely unfair...........

All I ask is that the game be officiated evenly. Call everything, call nothing, I don't care. Just don't let one team act with impunity, and then call every little chintzy thing on the other.

When you create a situation where players need to protect themselves because the referees aren't doing their job, that's when players get hurt. When you create a situation where one team gets away with everything, and the other is given roughing penalties for clean body checks, eventually thing boil over, the refs lose control, and players get hurt. The latter situation is even worse, as it also places the outcome of the game unfairly in the hands of the officials.

The best ref in this league, hands down, is François 'Let Them Play' Fortin. He lets them play, but has an uncanny knack for maintaining full control of the game.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
gotta be careful with those sticks in Baie-Comeau. Are players still limited to a pair of sticks per month or something like that?

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
The reason BC is such an ugly team to play against is because of this nut behind the bench. He's extremely aggressive, which the players feed off of, making what I think the Drakkur the dirtiest team in the league.
The Drakkar have been like this long before Veilleux's arrival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->