OT: Driving help please! (Visiting Alberta --going from Jasper to Banff)

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Hi folks,

My wife, kids and I are planning on driving from BC to beautiful Jasper on Sunday. The next morning we need to drive through Banff to get through to meet up with friends in Fairmont resort back on the BC side of the border.

I have a hotel booked in Jasper (2 out of 3 of my small kids are pumped to see all the wildlife that I'm promised them there) and everything is looking great til WHAMO --tonight my dad tells me that the highway between Jasper and Banff is closed in the winter and will not be open in March as the road crews do not look after it.

I've looked online and it seems like everything is open --but my dad is insistent that it will not be open and I will need to travel around through Drayton Valley (not happening, would rather stay home then make that long of a trip with a screaming newborn).

Can someone give me the scoop on what the real deal is here? Is my dear father just getting too old/senile, or is it really shut-down? Thanks so much for any help, people!

PS. I really like Sven Baertschi --I think he could use some time to hit the gym but should come into camp next year in beast mode.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Umm... I have never heard that and I work for Emergency Services. Parks Canada or Banff Wardens would be the ones to ask. If I talk to a unit from out there tonight Ill ask them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->