OT: Did Anyone Here Watch The TV Show He Shoots He Scores In The Late 80's ?

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
I remember it being on Radio Canada and CBC for the english version.....One of my favorite shows when i was a kid.....

Was an awesome and underrated concept ...Having each episode be basically a continuation of the Hockey Season and also gave an interesting look into what players go through behind the scenes......Was about a fictional team based out of Quebec City for those that don't know.......And it actually spawned a revival in 2001 and again from 2004-2015...And also a movie in 2010...

Anyone here old enough to have watched it from 86-89 ?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Pierre Lambert was the captain of the shows main hockey team. The National.
Basically the Quebec Nordiques.
In the show, if memory serves, they beat the Habs to win the cup.

It was basically les boys, but a drama not a comedy.

Very cheesy even to a 10 year old lol

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Cogne et Gagne, in retrospect, is an even better title.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

I think they beat Boston in the first season. It was a great show to watch.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The humorist group Rock et belles Oreilles made a funny parody named Snappe pis Bourdonne. After seing some of these parody, I was unable to watch Lance et Compte seriously.
But back to the show L et C, at the time it was the first QC tv serie made of quality. Quality image, not cheap video, a full cast of the best Qc actors and lot of short stories related to hockey and the personal life of hockey players and their family. It was written by Réjean Tremblay with some help of his gf at the time Fabienne Larouche, who became a successful tv serie writter and producer.

Last edited:

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Loved the first generation of that show

The Classic speech by the coach, Marc Gagnon the aging veteran was just amazing

and my young self will never forget Honey on that roadtrip in Winnipeg or Natasha

Reactions: Gjman2019

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I always felt we were cooler than The ROC because we had boobs and swearing on tv. As a late teen hockey fan I loved this show. I doubt it aged well haha

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Loved the first generation of that show

The Classic speech by the coach, Marc Gagnon the aging veteran was just amazing

and my young self will never forget Honey on that roadtrip in Winnipeg or Natasha

Was that the time when he went and got his son to start walking in front of the team or am i remembering it wrong ?

I also remember one of the players dating a black girl and him bringing her home to show his mother....

Been a long time so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.....

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Was that the time when he went and got his son to start walking in front of the team or am i remembering it wrong ?

I also remember one of the players dating a black girl and him bringing her home to show his mother....

Been a long time so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.....

No im talking about that speech lance et compte Jacques mercier a son meilleur - YouTube

The main star #13 Pierre lambert dated 2 black girls Marilou who was just a young party chick and Lucie who was a Doctor

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Originally, they wanted the team to be named after the Habs but the organisation refused to be associated to the project at first. So they approached Québec and the Merdiques agreed.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Jacques Mercier: "Nounou, nounou, Y a un chandail icitte que je peux pu sentir et qui m'écoeure, le numéro 13"

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
It was written by one of the biggest bigots, piece of filth, French supremacist, Rejean Tremblay.
So ? IT was a great show... Plus the show itself was not racist (althought some dialogues wouldn't pass in today's tv... For good reasons)

At the time, there was nothing like that on television. It was different from anything else and that made it an instant success. The climax at the end of each episode and the music were epic.

The best part was RBO's parody "snappe pis bourdonne". One year they even got a leaked season in advance so that they could coordonate their episode with the original even if they aired the same day.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5