OT - Bills Player Speaks out against Toronto series

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
I'm sure Toronto would embrace an NFL team had it been their own.

Hell, they'd probably get into a single game much more if they knew 2 good teams were playing. Seattle is a great team to watch, very entertaining. Buffalo is a joke, much like the Oakland Raiders.

Also, bring someone to town with star power. A big name quarterback, or wide receiver, or someone popular. Green Bay, New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Detroit. Teams like that would create a lot more buzz than Buffalo or Seattle(despite having a killer team, they don't draw much from around here).

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
pic.png

Why do we care what the curly headed, snot nosed child actor has to say?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Maybe if the Bills actually won a game, the fans would have something to cheer about.

I see Wood's point though, the Bills need every advantage they can get. With an even playing field, they aren't gonna win.

hockeyfanz*

would u say the leafs are a better team?

Nope. You can easily draw a parallel between the Leafs and Bills. Difference is that the Leafs are actually a Toronto based team.

hockeyfanz*

they also make lots of money!

So does Warren Buffet and has about as much impact on my life too....I don't understand what value from a fans' perspective does this have? Especially considering that there is absolutely no co-relation between profitability and winning. The Leafs are the best possible example of this theory.

hockeyfanz*

I was just watching Bad Santa last nite, haha I didn't see that, but it's too perfect.

Who cares what some meathead thinks. He won't be in the league in 3 years. Give us our own team, and we will cheer for them.

I wouldn't be too offended by what he says especially since its mostly probably true. I'm offended that the NFL thought that Toronto sports fans were suckers. That they can sell their garbage product at exhorbitant prices to the "gullable sports fans" of Toronto and gouge us all. We would line up for tickets for the pleasure of watching a horrible football team that we were supposed to adopt as our own. Why don't they at least give Toronto a decent opponent that will draw fans like the Cowboys, Steelers or Patriots? Its bad enough one of the teams is always the Bills.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Tannehill and Wake, that's about it this season haha. Hopefully they draft/sign a few wide receivers because in all honesty the defense is good enough to keep them in games.

I keep thinking about the couple of games they had this year-like lost by a field goal-and thinking "they could have been in a Wildcard!":cry::laugh:

Well, 8-8 this year, and as you said get some WR, and this team could actually (hopefully?) make the playoffs next year :)

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
You need a winning team, or a good rotation, and make it the Toronto Series, rather than a Bills homegame. See what London, UK gets, different teams every year in a neutral matchup.

Toronto isn't a Bills market. It is a great NFL market, and had the Bills won something worthwhile in the last decade, it easily could be a Bills market, but at this time - it is far from it.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I wouldn't be too offended by what he says especially since its mostly probably true. I'm offended that the NFL thought that Toronto sports fans were suckers. That they can sell their garbage product at exhorbitant prices to the "gullable sports fans" of Toronto and gouge us all. We would line up for tickets for the pleasure of watching a horrible football team that we were supposed to adopt as our own. Why don't they at least give Toronto a decent opponent that will draw fans like the Cowboys, Steelers or Patriots? Its bad enough one of the teams is always the Bills.

Its not about us being suckers, its about the NFL doing poor job of
what the NBA and MLB did: Tap into the 4th biggest market in NA.

That's the only reason why this contretemps was cooked up.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

I think it was more Uncle Rogers' idea. I think he thought once Wilson is gone, he can buy out a team and move them here. Who would have thought Wilson would outlive Rogers.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
No one in Toronto likes the Bills.

It all stems back to playing Johnson over Flutie. I stopped watching the Bills after that debacle.
Wrong. I am not in the city itself bu I am in the suburbs. I would say there are more bills fans in the Newmarket area and the place where I work than any other team including the Argos. I have met like 10 Argos fans in my life. I know many more bills fans.
I would say out of all the people that I know about 25-30 percent are bills fans. The rest is a mix of the other popular teams like cowboys pats, steelers, packers, giants, eagles. Etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad