OT - Bills Player Speaks out against Toronto series

FakeKidPoker*

Yeah for these games people are going to see the other team.. it is like when the Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers and Heat come to town.

Just end it.. the NFL is not a fit for Toronto.. no loss.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Atmosphere isn't close to the same.

People going to games, just to do something on a sunday afternoon with the family.

Pricing for tickets is ridiculous. Might as well go on vacation for that price.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Willis McGahee was traded from Buffalo because he said he preferred Toronto over Buffalo.

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto
Gotta say I have been to the Bills/Toronto ever year. Last year was about the only game CLOSE to a home game for the Bills.

Last Sunday was like a 50/50 split for the Bills/Seahawks and the crowd was pretty docile.

Neutral field and no tailgating kinda ruins it really.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Like I said in my previous post earlier today, I'm a Bills fan but I would be dumb to spend the amount of money those prices are to watch them give up 50 points a game. I'm fine sitting at home and watching. People will complain about the atmosphere at the stadium but let's get the facts straight, you charge the prices we get here in Toronto in Buffalo and you see how many go and watch. Just ridiculous how much they suck out this series. The NFL and the Bills are lucky they get as many as they do to be quite honest. What a pathetic team. Fitzpatrick and Gailey need to GTFO.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Like I said in my previous post earlier today, I'm a Bills fan but I would be dumb to spend the amount of money those prices are to watch them give up 50 points a game. I'm fine sitting at home and watching. People will complain about the atmosphere at the stadium but let's get the facts straight, you charge the prices we get here in Toronto in Buffalo and you see how many go and watch. Just ridiculous how much they suck out this series. The NFL and the Bills are lucky they get as many as they do to be quite honest. What a pathetic team. Fitzpatrick and Gailey need to GTFO.

Ok Bills fan, how many games have the Bills played this year and gave up 50 or more points?

hockeyfanz*

There are loads of NFL fans in Toronto, easily enough to support a franchise, but with no local team here in the history of the NFL, obviously people have claimed allegiances to whatever NFL team they so desire.

Newsflash: Plopping the Bills into the city for 1 game a year and saying "Ok, you cheer for them now" isn't going to work.

yeah....thats very true...Buffalo is just another American city...why would it be "Toronto's team"? Makes no sense..even when the Bills were good and I watched NFL football, I didnt know any Bills fans. I was a Dolphins fan myself. Then became a San Francisco fan. Who cares about the Bills?

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
No one in Toronto likes the Bills.

It all stems back to playing Johnson over Flutie. I stopped watching the Bills after that debacle.

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Best thing about the end of the world tomorrow night is knowing the Bills will have NEVER won a superbowl.

MapleLeafGardens*

The Bills as usual were out of the playoffs it was a nothing game so a lot of fans saved their money and stayed home.

Tons of NFL fans in Toronto make no mistake about it with a new NFL stadium and Toronto's own team every game would draw 70-80k. An NFL team in Toronto would be just as popular as the Leafs.

Rumored...

Oakland > Los Angeles
Jacksonville > London
Buffalo > Toronto

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
The Bills as usual were out of the playoffs it was a nothing game so a lot of fans saved their money and stayed home.

Tons of NFL fans in Toronto make no mistake about it with a new NFL stadium and Toronto's own team every game would draw 70-80k. An NFL team in Toronto would be just as popular as the Leafs.

Rumored...

Oakland > Los Angeles
Jacksonville > London
Buffalo > Toronto

Is there space in the downtown core for a new NFL-capable stadium? I wonder if renovating the Rogers Center is an option.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
No one in Toronto likes the Bills.

It all stems back to playing Johnson over Flutie. I stopped watching the Bills after that debacle.

I like the Bills I'm a fan of them and I hope for the best, but I'm also a realist. The team sucks, the FO hire old washed up coaches, give a back-up QB a lucrative long term contract, and people wonder why this team hasn't made the playoffs in almost 15 years. Complete and utter incompetence. I'd go after Vick or Alex Smith in the off-season and try to get Andy Reid to coach the team because the status quo isn't cutting it.

MapleLeafGardens*

Is there space in the downtown core for a new NFL-capable stadium? I wonder if renovating the Rogers Center is an option.

Nobody really wants to even think about renovating that Rogers Centre. Just thinking about it makes me hurl it's not going to cut it. The skydome was a mistake it sucks as a football stadium as well as a baseball stadium. Think more along the lines of the newer stadiums in the U.S. that's what Toronto needs here.

A brand new retractable roof NFL football only stadium is needed. No idea about downtown space.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
I remember when this whole thing came to light and the smirking condescending attitude of the ppull operating it and talking about how this would be the death knell of the CFL. LOL

I also remember they initially said that ppull needed to buy a package deal that included all 5 games at some stupid price like $300 per game.

Can anyone tell me how much it cost for a ticket to the game this year?

Toronto would be a better place to play if the Bills were actually based out of Toronto.

I agree with Eric Wood. If there is no fan support, it makes it complete BS for the Bills to play there. It's like having 5 home games converted to away games. That's an unfair edge for the other 29 teams.

Who knows, if the fans were messing up playcalling like they would normally, and the Bills win those games, they could be playoff bound right now with an extra 4 wins, or at least in contention.
If I'm a Bills player, I'd be pissed.

As a Leaf fan, this is one thing we've been complaining about for years, where the fans at the game are mostly execs and are just there to talk business deals, so the crowd is seldom ever into the game...

You do realize the 5 games was spread out over 6 years right?

RogerRoeper*

The only positive is you stay in Toronto instead of Buffalo.

But yeah, I get his point. There's no homefield advantage for the Bills.

Razor

Say no to Luongo.
Jun 18, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
They can't have Tannehill-he's probably one of the very FEW reasons for me to smile as a Dolphins fan this year :laugh:

Tannehill and Wake, that's about it this season haha. Hopefully they draft/sign a few wide receivers because in all honesty the defense is good enough to keep them in games.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Where is Lupul when you need him?

Looks like he needs to re-tell how good Buffalo is:naughty:

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Buffalo Bills...lmao these guys are a joke. Maybe if they had any talent at all they'd have more support. Fail of a franchise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad