OT: A thread to follow NCAA football realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
With this being one of the biggest stories in the sports world, I thought I'd make a thread for it.

Syracuse and Pitt join ACC:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...burgh-panthers-syracuse-orange-14-team-league
Texas and Oklahoma talk with Pac-12:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ma-oklahoma-state-texas-tech-according-source

For those wondering why us hockey fans should care about this, well, for the Winter Classic, a new venue may open up. That venue being the new Yankee Stadium. If the Big 12 collapses, that would mean no more Pin-Stripe Bowl. For those not familiar, the Pin-Stripe Bowl is a bowl game between a Big 12 team and Big East team that is played on New Year's day.

There's no doubt in my mind that the new Yankee Stadium would go on the top of the list of venues for the Winter Classic if that day becomes empty.

I would love to see a hockey game at the new Yankee Stadium! :yo::handclap:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With this being one of the biggest stories in the sports world, I thought I'd make a thread for it.

Syracuse and Pitt join ACC:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...burgh-panthers-syracuse-orange-14-team-league
Texas and Oklahoma talk with Pac-12:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ma-oklahoma-state-texas-tech-according-source

For those wondering why us hockey fans should care about this, well, for the Winter Classic, a new venue may open up. That venue being the new Yankee Stadium. If the Big 12 collapses, that would mean no more Pin-Stripe Bowl. For those not familiar, the Pin-Stripe Bowl is a bowl game between a Big 12 team and Big East team that is played on New Year's day.

There's no doubt in my mind that the new Yankee Stadium would go on the top of the list of venues for the Winter Classic if that day becomes empty.

I would love to see a hockey game at the new Yankee Stadium! :yo::handclap:

outside of North America this got no play--

you do know the is a football board, right?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just getting mildly peeved as a Big Ten fan that a few schools that I wanted to see join us (namely Syracuse and Oklahoma) are going to be going elsewhere, meanwhile the conference seems to be more interested in making a purely business move to grab Rutgers just for their market without regard for the fact that they don't really have good programs.

Oh well, with the rumors that Oklahoma was only willing to go somewhere along with Oklahoma State, guess it makes sense that we didn't want both. So long as we eventually get Mizzou though, I'd be happy as an Illini fan.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone else hoping the SEC doesn't accept Texas A&M? I think it'll be better for the school in the long run, but we won't be as strong competitors.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Anyone else hoping the SEC doesn't accept Texas A&M? I think it'll be better for the school in the long run, but we won't be as strong competitors.

Don't really care, but it's already pretty much been reported that SEC already said that they were more than happy to take A&M, it was just the threat of a potential lawsuit from a few Big Twelve schools that kind of halted it.

If Texas, Tech, Oklahoma, and OK State all bolt for the Pac though, then don't think that Baylor, Kansas, and Iowa State would have a leg to stand on to go after A&M and the SEC though, so pretty much it'll happen without any difficulty. And the SEC would then pick up West Virginia to get to an even number.

Fugu

Honestly, I can see no connection whatsoever for the NHL right now. If/when some venue opens up or there's competition for the Winter Classic, we can discuss it at that time.

Sorry, Rink Rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->