O'Sullivan VS Semin....

• Thread starter DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
  • Start date

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
i cant wait to see sullivan play, ive heard so much about him throughout the last 2 years so i hope that he can accomplish what people are expecting from him

as far as semin, i havent heard many good things about him, from his attitude to his no chance of playing with ovechkin so he will never shine or grow, all i can say is good luck to washington to keeping a continuous progress on his development

Not sure if you're going to make it to 10 posts with "winners" like this one.

Besides what you've heard - have you actually ever seen Semin play?

Semin looked pretty good 3 years ago as a 19 YO kid, before AO was even drafted. It's possible that Semin moves to RW and plays on line 1, or that he stays at LW on line 2 except for the PP when he'll be on the 1st unit. In either case, I don't think that Semin's future development is tied to his ability to leech off of AO.

I do agree that his value is reduced for the threat of the Russian flight risk. I just think that having produced at the NHL level should count for more than torching the AHL. (And I'm not knocking O'Sullivan here - I'm sure he's going to be a great NHL player. I don't think that torching the AHL means that a player is automatically going to dominate in the NHL (aka - Steve Maltais).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad