O'Sullivan vs Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarrick16

May 13, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lately in these boards it's all about Robbie Schremp... everybody says that he could be a superstar in the NHL and put up great numbers in the nhl! But yesterday I looked at the OHL stats 4
Patrick O\'Sullivan Mississauga IceDogs 7 5 11 16
Rob Schremp London Knights 9 8 7 15

O'Sullivan as not better linemates than Schremp but he got 1 more points... and Pat has 2 games on Schremp!

who is the better prospect O'sullivan or Schremp??

leafaholix*

I think Schremp has the slight advantage in "potential", but as strange as it might sound (considering the off-ice problems), I think O'Sullivan's a safer pick to be a regular in the league. Especially in Minnesota where he brings offense and will learn to play defense.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Keep in mind that Pat is a year older, but then again I think Pat was better then Robbie when he was the same age, I just have no clue why he dropped all the way to 56th, I personally think he shoud've gone top 20 that year.

X-SHARKIE

Birko19 said:
Keep in mind that Pat is a year older, but then again I think Pat was better then Robbie when he was the same age, I just have no clue why he dropped all the way to 56th, I personally think he shoud've gone top 20 that year.

Same reason as Schremp, the scouts/managers didn't have a good read on what was going on in his head.

I dont know who I would rather have to be honest......hmmmm..

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Same reason as Schremp, the scouts/managers didn't have a good read on what was going on in his head.

I dont know who I would rather have to be honest......hmmmm..

Ya now I remember the off-ice problems he had, but when you grab that kind of talent 56th overall it's a big steal.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Birko19 said:
Ya now I remember the off-ice problems he had, but when you grab that kind of talent 56th overall it's a big steal.

Both are steals IMO...

Very hard to say who's the best prospect. My vote would go for Shremph in a heart beat.

But one thing is sure bothe can turn out to be super star and both could become carrer AHLer...

JD

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I haven't seen Schremp yet this year, but if he follows O'Sullivan's lead over the next year or so in terms of rounding out his game (in areas like effort, consistency, and defense) then he'll be moving up in people's estimation similarly. O'Sullivan has come a long way in those areas. He was used in all situations and seemed to be on the ice for half the game against the Majors the other night. He was everywhere.

In terms of comparing their team situations, it's true that O'Sullivan isn't surrounded by as much of a star-studded cast as Schremp is. But then, at the same time, Schremp is not looked at as "The Man" in London, and probably isn't going to get 30 minutes of ice time and be out for practically every minute of every powerplay, the way O'Sullivan is. So it goes both ways.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
What's more sad...? that Patrick (and his 2 sisters) had to deal with that man as their father, or that 30 NHL teams passed on him because of it?

anyways, does it really matter which one is better...what matters is that those 2 will have USA dominating international hockey for the next 15 years haha

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
JNRhockeyGURU said:
What's more sad...? that Patrick (and his 2 sisters) had to deal with that man as their father, or that 30 NHL teams passed on him because of it?

anyways, does it really matter which one is better...what matters is that those 2 will have USA dominating international hockey for the next 15 years haha

What if Schremp is a bust?

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Russian_fanatic said:
What if Schremp is a bust?

What if a Meteor crashes into the earth killing millions of people? terrible things could happen, but chances arent good, so you can't worry about them! Besides if there is a Meteor heading to earth I'm sure Robbie would stop it with his awesomeness.

Only way Schremp is a Bust is if Bust stands for:
Beautiful
Unbelievable
Stickhandling
Talent

Last edited:

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
JNRhockeyGURU said:

The first part is infinitely more sad.

I consider both these guys to be long shots to be star players in the NHL. I hope they prove me wrong and become great NHLers. It's just that scouts do a damn fine job when it comes to the guys they scout so heavily. I just can't imagine so many teams passing on these guys (along with Hudler and Evseev) if they had a chance to be first liners. Schremp still went relatively high so if he'd be my choice.

A questionable attitude might drop a guy 10 spots. But these guys all dropped 15-40 spots. Evseev, I believe had an injury prior to his draft. I haven't heard much about him since being drafted.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
JohnGalt said:
Schremp still went relatively high so if he'd be my choice.

I'd say based on the strength of each draft, their draft positions are pretty comparable.

IMO, O'Sullivan has the better chance to do some damage.

hunter1909*

personally i think people are terrified schremp is going to realise his potential...

so ill go with schremp

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
hunter1909 said:
personally i think people are terrified schremp is going to realise his potential...

Just wondering why would anyone be terrified of schremp reaching his full potential? Honestly, I hope he turns into Joe Sakic, I don't think he will, but entertaining hockey players are what every hockey fan wants, isn't it?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
What if a Meteor crashes into the earth killing millions of people? terrible things could happen, but chances arent good, so you can't worry about them! Besides if there is a Meteor heading to earth I'm sure Robbie would stop it with his awesomeness.

Only way Schremp is a Bust is if Bust stands for:
Beautiful
Unbelievable
Stickhandling
Talent

I'm always going to remember that one when somebody is going to tell me that the player is a bust. :lol

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
One way or another

Good one.. Both guys a big gamble and come blossom to be major steal

I'd go with Schremp for overal habilities I believe that when the dust clear he'l;l be the last man standing :yo:

Sammy*

JNRhockeyGURU said:

30 teams on him not because of what his wretched father did, its because of Patricks (allegedly) wretched attitude, plus I am sure their are some issues surrounding his actual hockey playing abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad