O'Sullivan or Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Rob has more offensive talent, I don't think you can get much argument otherwise (not that Patty isn't capable of putting the biscuit in the basket).

I think O'Sullivan's game is more balanced, but I also feel that there was quite the reason that Rob was so highly regarded in the OHL draft, and the "bad attitude" stigma has been so overblown that many GM's made some serious mistakes in not drafting him earlier. Schremp has the gamebreaker ability to explode offensively to get back in a game or put a game out of reach. His shot has to be one of the best of the currently drafted prospects and that is something he will be able to use to his advantage.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Based on seeing both at the WJC's, I liked O'sullivans skating better, Schremp however IMO was the better offensive player. Seeing Robbie in the Memorial Cup, I'd take Schremp for sure.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I would decide it by a coin toss. Both have similar risks, strengths, and weaknesses... but from a hockey pool perspective: I'd be more worried about O'Sullivan having troubles fitting into Minnesota than I would Schremp with the Oilers. :dunno:

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Schremp would suceed by himself. Patty will need a supporting cast. If O'sullivan gets a guy that's able to go to the net and score goals, he might end up putting more points on the board than Rob.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:
Schremp is by no means a power forward, he'll need a supporting cast,

Who said that he was a power forward??? That's like saying that Todd Marchant is a sniper!!! The bottom line is that it really doesn't matter who Robbie plays with, he can always let loose him wicked shot. He can create his own offense, although it's easier for any player to have good linemates.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
slumpy43 said:
Schremp would suceed by himself. Patty will need a supporting cast. If O'sullivan gets a guy that's able to go to the net and score goals, he might end up putting more points on the board than Rob.

Didn't O'Sullivan do it all by himself this year?

I take Sully.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
KILLger said:
Didn't O'Sullivan do it all by himself this year?

I take Sully.

Exactly what I was thinking. I got to see O'Sullivan play many times this year in Sudbury and even with all the hype, he still impressed me. He carried his team like nobody else in the CHL this year.

I don't see why everyone is going with Schremp (and I am an Oilers fan). O'Sullivan is absolute magic with the puck - passing and shooting. These were their stats this year:

GP G A Pts PIMS
Rob Schremp London Knights 62 41 49 90 54
Patrick O'Sullivan Mississauga IceDogs 57 31 59 90 63

In five fewer games, Sully put up as many points as Schremp. By itself that doesn't seem too amazing, but considering the powerhouse team Schremp was on, and that the next highest point-getter on Sully's team had only 50 points, it truly separates them. For a laugh, check this out to see just how O'Sullivan was dominant on his team:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/...sonId=24&leagueId=1&lastActive=&singleSeason=

By comparison, I'd say Schremp had a lot more to work with...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/...sonId=24&leagueId=1&lastActive=&singleSeason=

Last edited:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Yosemite Sam said:
Exactly what I was thinking. I got to see O'Sullivan play many times this year in Sudbury and even with all the hype, he still impressed me. He carried his team like nobody else in the CHL this year.

I don't see why everyone is going with Schremp (and I am an Oilers fan). O'Sullivan is absolute magic with the puck - passing and shooting. These were their stats this year:

GP G A Pts PIMS
Rob Schremp London Knights 62 41 49 90 54
Patrick O'Sullivan Mississauga IceDogs 57 31 59 90 63

In five fewer games, Sully put up as many points as Schremp. By itself that doesn't seem too amazing, but considering the powerhouse team Schremp was on, and that the next highest point-getter on Sully's team had only 50 points, it truly separates them. For a laugh, check this out to see just how O'Sullivan was dominant on his team:

Keep in mind Sully is one year older. Schremp is gonna get his chance to lead the Knights next year and we'll have to see how he does it.

That being said I would compare them this way

Skating - No contest. Sully. Schremp has improved but Sully takes this one easy

Playmaking - Tie, both are great passers and can lead a PP

Shooting - Schremp, his shot is arguably the best in the CHL. Top 5 for sure.

Stickhandling - Schremp - has super slick moves and can stickhandle in a phone booth.

Physical play - edge to Sully , at least from what I have seen

Desire - Tie, both are driven to make the NHL and has proven they can overcome adversity on the road there. I think both will make the big game

Tough call. I think both are gonna be good NHLers

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Rejean31 said:
I'd take O'Sullivan. Schremp seems like a bit of a hot-shot, showoff.
I guess you wouldn't want Kovachuk on your team then. :)

What has Schremp done that would label him a show off? I would label him closer to very confident then a show off. If the guy can stick handle better then most players then why not use those skills.

GXL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad