Prospect Info: Oskari Laaksonen (2017, 89th) 2018-19 Ilves - Traded to Dallas

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
If nothing else, it shows his trust in his Northern European scouting staff. Heck this draft was all about that part of his staff, Numminen in particular. Who’d a thought Danny Briere talking Teppo into signing in Buffalo almost 15 years ago might still be paying dividends for this team down the line. I don’t think there’s anyway that Teemu would have signed to scout with the team if his brother hadn't already played here.

Iirc since botts was hired so close to the draft, he leaned extra heavily on his scouts. He said something along the lines of letting a scout make the morning picks in the later rounds based on players they liked.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Remember Jocelyn Guevremont? I think it's a reference to something like that... he had a pretty good slap shot. Problem was you could wind up and fire a trebuchet faster than Jocelyn would wind up and shoot the puck. Spent a lot of time with his stick pointed at the scoreboard.

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
This guy is putting up numbers
This prompted me to check out the stats page on the Liiga website and realize that the Finnish language is absolutely fascinating. Rangaistusminuutit may be my favorite hockey term now.

But yeah, nice start for him... 5 points in 7 games, so he's the top rookie defenseman in points currently.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He heard some insider things about him. He comes from a very good athletic family. He got a better evaluation than Dahlin (from my friend who knows Laaksonen's friend) from the NHL camp.

Yesterday he unfortunately got a concussion. I hope he'll be back soon in the lineup.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He heard some insider things about him. He comes from a very good athletic family. He got a better evaluation than Dahlin (from my friend who knows Laaksonen's friend) from the NHL camp.

Yesterday he unfortunately got a concussion. I hope he'll be back soon in the lineup.
This sucks

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Hope he gets healthy quick.

I would love to know the specifics on this evaluation.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Not sure if he got injured because he played yesterday and got another point (1+8 in 14 games)

Sakke

Aug 29, 2017
There is video about that hit:

But now he is okay. Played yesterday and got assist again.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Wow! He got rocked. That dipsy do he has will get him killed in NA. He tried it a couple of times in the WJC Showcase this summer. He needs to get bigger or smarter. Still like his skating though.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
His coach said he got a concussion so it must have not been that bad. Good to see him back so soon.

Do you have a link for the concussion ? I browsed the web for 10 minutes and couldn’t find anything mentioning a concussion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad