Prospect Info: Oskari Laaksonen (2017, 89th) 2018-19 Ilves - Traded to Dallas

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
This guy has regressed so much for this season. He is nowhere near as good he was last year and he is trying to force the plays by carrying the puck endlessly. In the last game alone he gave away two (if not three?) breakaways for the opposing team just by being selfish puckhog.

The coach of the team got fired after that game so i suppose we shall see what comes out of it, but with the way Laaksonen has been playing this season he should be eating popcorn instead of playing the highest minutes for the team.

Deleted member 27798

This guy has regressed so much for this season. He is nowhere near as good he was last year and he is trying to force the plays by carrying the puck endlessly. In the last game alone he gave away two (if not three?) breakaways for the opposing team just by being selfish puckhog.

The coach of the team got fired after that game so i suppose we shall see what comes out of it, but with the way Laaksonen has been playing this season he should be eating popcorn instead of playing the highest minutes for the team.
Maybe "he is one of the Sabres all-time draft steal" hype needs to be scaled back a bit. lol

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yeah, and when he's not over-holding the puck, he's forcing it into covered teammates who aren't in good positions for exits. It's a little troubling. Hope the coaching change kick them all in the ass and he irons himself out.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
How can he have that title when Murray found us Olofsson in the 7th?
They have to perform in the NHL to rise to the level all time draft steals. I expect Olofsson to get there, but it hasn't happened yet. Alexander Mogilny 5th rd, Paul Gaustad 7th rd, and even Rob Ray 5th rd, were draft steals.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Anyone watched him enough this year to know why he backslid so much? Not what I expected after how he broke out last season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone watched him enough this year to know why he backslid so much? Not what I expected after how he broke out last season.

Some bad puck decisions and he's lost some time with Lassi Thomson in PP/offensive situations in a couple of games I've watched. They also changed coaches early and it seems like he's not in the new coach's good graces based on TOI.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Looks like his contract expires at the end of this year? Maybe?

If so, I'd be completely OK with him coming over here and playing in Rochester.

yes bring him over , hopefully we can sign Samuelsson and add more depth to The Amerks ,

Ryan Johnson is still likely 1-2 years away especially after only 8 points as a rookie . Not saying it’s all his fault but I expected more

but Laaksonen would be great to add to our minor league depth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->