Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Philadelphia

Mod Edit:

2020 NHL All-Star Fan Vote

T-shirt information: https://www.biscuittees.com/mens

Get-well mail/cards:
Philadelphia Flyers
Wells Fargo Center
3601 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19148-5297
Attn: Oskar Lindblom

IFRSOPf.jpg

Jan. 7 update (source: Philadelphia Inquirer)

Oskar Lindblom’s diagnosis highlights latest treatments for rare bone cancer
The hockey team revealed the diagnosis last month but has not disclosed the stage or location of the cancer that has sidelined the 23-year-old left winger. He is receiving care at the University of Pennsylvania.
July 2. 2020:

Article: Flyers' Oskar Lindblom rings bell after final cancer treatment - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

Excerpt: His girlfriend, Alma Lindqvist, hugged Lindblom after he rang the bell and they were cheered by nurses who treated him. “ MY LOVE IS CANCER FREE,” she wrote on social media

--------------------------

Flyers' Oskar Lindblom Opens Up About Cancer Battle

July 15, 2020

At first, Lindblom figured that it was the result of a cross-check to his ribs that he had taken during a recent Flyers game. A little swelling, a little bruising, just the normal wear-and-tear of the job. “It wasn’t big at all, like the size of half of a golf ball,” he says. “I thought it’s nothing, ya know?” Where Lindblom was content to wait for the welt to subside, Lindqvist was more alarmed. “She pushed me: You need to look this up,” Lindblom says. “I didn’t think this could be cancer. Luckily my girlfriend did. I have her to thank for that.”

After scoring his 10th goal of the year in a win over Detroit on Friday, Nov. 29, Lindblom was evaluated by the Flyers’ medical staff, who scheduled a CT scan for the following Monday. When that returned inconclusive, Lindblom received an MRI and a biopsy later in the week. Medically cleared to keep playing while he waited for a conclusion, Lindblom appeared in four more games before his season was cut short. It was a welcome escape from the looming uncertainty. “When I was on the ice, I didn’t think about it,” he says. “But when you’re at home, you don’t have anything to do, it’s hard to let it go.”

The results still hadn’t come back by the afternoon of Dec. 10, when Lindblom and the Flyers flew to Colorado to begin a three-game road trip. It wouldn’t take much longer. Upon checking into his room at the hotel, Lindblom received a call to come down to the lobby. Stepping off the elevator, he was met by the Flyers’ director of medical services, Jim McCrossin, and defenseman Robert Hagg, his closest friend on the team. His face paled. “I understood right away that it wasn’t something good,” he says.

-------------------

June 15, 2021: 2020-21 Masterton Trophy winner

NHL awards: Flyers' Oskar Lindblom wins 2020-21 Masterton Trophy | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

CJaker

Nov 9, 2019
Prayers to Oskar. Hope his treatments go well. Him and family have my best wishes.

What are the survival rates for Ewing sarcoma?
  • About 70 percent of children with Ewing sarcoma are cured.
  • Teens aged 15 to 19 have a lower survival rate of about 56 percent.
  • For children diagnosed after their disease has spread, the survival rate is less than 30 percent.
  • Children whose tumors are larger or located in the pelvis, ribs or spine are less likely to be cured.

Last edited:

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
This franchise is cursed. Patrick, Lindblom both done for year probably .....maybe more. Konecny with a serious concussion.

Reactions: ybnvs

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
How many gypsies did Ed Snider piss off???

I truly hope the cancer hasn't progressed too much and Lindy can beat this without too much suffering. Poor freaking kid...

Reactions: ybnvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->