Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A Headline with "#Breaking" in the headline was inaccurate??? :eek:

upload_2020-6-2_18-11-43.png

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I for one can't believe the same short article, featuring outdated quotes from Flehr, recirculated verbatim among a few non-accredited sites inundated with ads and pop ups was false. It's just shocking to me.

Anyway, we might be due for news soon since chemoradiation treatment ranges from 6 to 12 months via NCCN guidelines. He was diagnosed mid December, so we're nearing 6 months. We could use some good news, after all *gestures broadly at everything*

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Think DP would have a better take, but treatments still going on may mean nothing, often they have a schedule which they adhere to even when treatment seems to have succeeded, if the patient is handling the treatment without significant side effects it would be prudent to stick to the schedule to ensure a complete remission.

But would someone get the kid a pork pie hat and a lollipop.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Think DP would have a better take, but treatments still going on may mean nothing, often they have a schedule which they adhere to even when treatment seems to have succeeded, if the patient is handling the treatment without significant side effects it would be prudent to stick to the schedule to ensure a complete remission.

But would someone get the kid a pork pie hat and a lollipop.
Chemo would be completed as intended, like a course of antibiotics. Though many times in these 6-12 big windows they may use imaging to draw it to a close. "Hey look, complete response- let's do 2 more cycles of chemo" almost arbitrarily. Could even depend on Oskars overall health and reaction to the chemo etc

It's all very much a judgement call sometimes. That's why the docs making the calls make the big bucks

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Chemo would be completed as intended, like a course of antibiotics. Though many times in these 6-12 big windows they may use imaging to draw it to a close. "Hey look, complete response- let's do 2 more cycles of chemo" almost arbitrarily. Could even depend on Oskars overall health and reaction to the chemo etc

It's all very much a judgement call sometimes. That's why the docs making the calls make the big bucks
I am a long term blood cancer survivor. With most cancers you only get one chance to be cured. I did a full allogeneic transplant when I was declared in first complete remission to do all I could to avoid potential relapse. That was my choice to do it because I knew I would have regretted not doing if I had relapsed after my initial treatment. If he is doing "extra" rounds of chemo it could be his choice in conjunction with the Doctors to know he did all he could to avoid relapse.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I am a long term blood cancer survivor. With most cancers you only get one chance to be cured. I did a full allogeneic transplant when I was declared in first complete remission to do all I could to avoid potential relapse. That was my choice to do it because I knew I would have regretted not doing if I had relapsed after my initial treatment. If he is doing "extra" rounds of chemo it could be his choice in conjunction with the Doctors to know he did all he could to avoid relapse.

I'm very happy you beat cancer.

But you're not allowed to post here with that avatar. :laugh:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Breaking news, per Oskar's girlfriend. He had surgery about 3 months ago and they are happy to put this behind them. (click on the tweet to see the full pic and her comments)

She took down the IG post after - but it's out there now... Good luck to Oskar and Alma!

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Breaking news, per Oskar's girlfriend. He had surgery about 3 months ago and they are happy to put this behind them. (click on the tweet to see the full pic and her comments)

She took down the IG post after - but it's out there now... Good luck to Oskar and Alma!

Well that means it was in a resectable area. So, likely not a long bone. That is excellent.

You guys know me- always trying to stay analytical and grounded with little to no expectations (if not slightly pessimistic), but with the bits of info coming in here and there, it really seems like this kid has a great shot at getting healthy.

We know they were able to resect, which gives them source control. The most important aspect of cancerous lesion treatment and to good outcomes

We know was chemoradiation is going well

We know he "looks good"

We can very reasonably conclude it was caught very early

All of these are checkboxes for good outcomes. Go Oskar

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Well that means it was in a resectable area. So, likely not a long bone. That is excellent.

You guys know me- always trying to stay analytical and grounded with little to no expectations (if not slightly pessimistic), but with the bits of info coming in here and there, it really seems like this kid has a great shot at getting healthy.

We know they were able to resect, which gives them source control. The most important aspect of cancerous lesion treatment and to good outcomes

We know was chemoradiation is going well

We know he "looks good"

We can very reasonably conclude it was caught very early

All of these are checkboxes for good outcomes. Go Oskar

Thanks, as always, for sharing your expertise. Given that Flahr said a while back that he was continuing to do cardio workouts to keep up his strength that seems positive post-surgery. #OskarStrong

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
You mean the Flyers may actually win an award that has a vote????

Not that anyone wants to win the award if this is what you have to face to win it.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I have a weird feeling u will see oscar in our starting line up next year. And Patrick will still be sidelined. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->