Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Excellent news, but I won't get truly excited until I see the word remission

I remember the good times when my grandmother responded extremely well to her chemo with "over 90% response".

Except it wasn't 100% and it killed her a few months later

Sorry to cast some gloom.
absolutely....as a fan though...just cheering him on

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Excellent news, but I won't get truly excited until I see the word remission

I remember the good times when my grandmother responded extremely well to her chemo with "over 90% response".

Except it wasn't 100% and it killed her a few months later

Sorry to cast some gloom.
No, some caution is always advised until the R word is in. Until it's gone via chemo/radiation, and they've ruled out surgery to get any final spot(s), we can't do anything but hope. My dad had a similar story. 'We thought we got it all, but too bad for you.'

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The fact that he's going to resume training suggests there's no serious structural damage from the cancer, it would be pointless if his shoulder's integrity was compromised, for example.

Starting to sound a lot like Herzlich, who was declared cancer free after four months - didn't come back for a year b/c that happened in early October, not because it took a year to recover. Herzlich's cancer was actually more career threatening than Lindblom's seems to be.

Mark Herzlich: Cancer-Survivor to Super Bowl Champion

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
this is amazing news. So happy for the guy!!!
""I think as soon as he gets his last treatments, the worst is over for him."
Flahr said Lindblom's doctors have told the young forward "it couldn't have gone any better for him.""

super happy to read that it went even better than anticipated. Just get healthy oscar! Crazy that they said he possibly can come back!

Reactions: Larry44

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
This is great news. I’m not sure if I want to see him play until the fall. He needs to get back into hockey shape physically and mentally as well as to have his immune system rebuilt. It would be tragic if he went out on the ice and was injured or worse yet became sick. If passing on this year’s POs gives him a better chance for being a Flyer for ten more seasons, I’d rather have the longevity.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
This is great news. I’m not sure if I want to see him play until the fall. He needs to get back into hockey shape physically and mentally as well as to have his immune system rebuilt. It would be tragic if he went out on the ice and was injured or worse yet became sick. If passing on this year’s POs gives him a better chance for being a Flyer for ten more seasons, I’d rather have the longevity.
Playoffs could start in August

August is fall

(just being a smart ass)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad