Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
You know watching the games we as fans go through an array of emotions because we love this team, but when something happens like this to a young kid it’s above the sport, and it’s encouraging and heart warming to hear AV and all Oskar’s teammates say seeing him is/was the best part of their day, sometimes I get ahead of myself rooting for this team but however this season turns out, I hope more than the Flyers winning Oskar wins this fight

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Any discussion related to Nolan Patrick should be conducted in that thread.

Just so we have the latest info documented, here are quotes from GM Fletcher regarding Lindblom:

PRESS CONFERENCE: An update on Patrick and Lindblom

In Lindblom's case, the 23-year-old recently began treatments and things seem to be going well so far, but it's still far too early in the process for a resumption of playing hockey to enter the discussion.

Nevertheless, Fletcher still considers Lindblom to be very much part of the team's plans in the long term.

"I hope so, yeah. I pray to God for [him to play again], But, obviously, for him to return to play hockey, means he's in a great spot in this battle so we're just keeping our hopes up. I'm sure he's got a lot of things on his mind right now, but if he's playing hockey this time next year, that would be a great conclusion," Fletcher said.

"I wasn't at the rink when he came by but I know everybody was excited to see him. Certainly, at some point, we'll kind of leave it to Oskar and his camp [to discuss his situation in detail]. With this situation like this, when it's your personal health and a non-hockey thing, you always want to be a little bit careful what you say, but you know the treatments are going and I know he's got a great attitude. But it's probably pretty early in the process to have that type of update. At some point, certainly, depending on what Oskar's thoughts are, hopefully we can make that available."​

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks MSE.

I think it’s a great sign for Fletcher to say it would be a great conclusion if he was playing this time next year. To me, it means the tumor is not weight bearing and is not a bone like the humerus which would likely need stabilization after treatment and then rehab for a year. It would be too early to know if there is spread but it’s a good scenario being a pro athlete and having things checked hopefully within weeks of pain starting. Hopefully he will let us know where it is and if there is spread to see what his prognosis may be and also he career outlook.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
https://www.biscuittees.com/mens
Kim Parent, Bernie's daughter and her business partner, Jodi Smith own biscuit tees. It is another example of the closeness of the Flyers community. Just a class thing for former Flyers people to get involved in this fight.
I ordered mine from them two weeks ago or so. They have been in contact with me three times telling me that it is on the way. They never believed that they would get the demand for them that they have; been a bit overwhelming. Kudos to them and also to all of the people buying the shirts in support of the project. It has to make Oskar feel a bit better to know the amount of support that is out there for him.

I ordered mine a week before your post and it arrived yesterday. I will say they did a great job with the and the demand is still crazy

Reactions: renberg

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
If I was a player with the possibility of becoming a Flyer, the support for Oskar would not be lost on me. The way the Flyer community has stepped up has been fantastic. Notable to me is the role of Kim Parent in this. Her work has been fantastic. Beyond that is the fact of who she is, Bernie’s daughter. The Flyer community is strong and now goes back for generations. Once a Flyer, always a Flyer and the community is always behind you. A class organization from the beginning of its existence.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
If I was a player with the possibility of becoming a Flyer, the support for Oskar would not be lost on me. The way the Flyer community has stepped up has been fantastic. Notable to me is the role of Kim Parent in this. Her work has been fantastic. Beyond that is the fact of who she is, Bernie’s daughter. The Flyer community is strong and now goes back for generations. Once a Flyer, always a Flyer and the community is always behind you. A class organization from the beginning of its existence.

It's not just the Flyers though in this it's the NHL as a whole. The outpouring throughout the league has been phenomenal.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->