Oshie

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Just out of curiousity, would anybody care to give input on where they think TJ Oshie would be drafted IF he was eligible for this years draft, not last years. I know he has an extra year of development, but if he was only 17 or early 18, and with the season he just had, where do you all feel he would be drafted this year?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
hard to believe that Toews would go before Oshie in this year's draft, considering the seasons that they've had....As good as Toews has been, Oshie has been better. Jonathan might have better size now, but Oshie plays with more grit and energy. TJ apparently has a great work ethic too and is making an effort to increase every aspect of his game, particularly his strength and conditioning. Even though he's only 5'10'' now, there's no reason to think he can't reach 6'0'' or 6'1''....

I dont know why everybody projects Toews to be a better pro than Oshie...other than the aforementioned size advantage, Oshie seems like the better prospect...

Regardless....He was definitely a steal at 24 last year. Nice pick for the Blues...

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Parise is better than Oshie was, put up bigger numbers. If you are thinking Oshie will translate into the NHL like he is in the NCAA it will not happen. Toews is much better.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
you are also comparing an Oshie who is a year and a half older the Toews

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Oshie doesn't look that small, maybe 5'11 or so. He seemed to have grown since last year, then again it isn't hard to look big next to Duncan.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
I think Toews has better vision than Oshie. He makes some plays that are simply incredible. Oshie also a heck of a player. I beleive Toews has higher offensive upside and Oshie will be a more complete player.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
MN_Gopher said:
Parise is better than Oshie was, put up bigger numbers. If you are thinking Oshie will translate into the NHL like he is in the NCAA it will not happen. Toews is much better.
Totally agreed. IMO Oshie will be a Marco Sturm type. Loved by his team and fans but underrated around the league. That being said I flat out love this kid.

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
#66 said:
Totally agreed. IMO Oshie will be a Marco Sturm type. Loved by his team and fans but underrated around the league. That being said I flat out love this kid.

Couldn't agree more!!! He plays for the enemy but Lord I'd love to have him on my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yo: :yo:

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
I watched Oshie play in high school, and I wasn't sure his game would translate well to the NCAA's let alone the NHL. I guess he proved me wrong, but I would still take Toews over Oshie.
Oshie looks a step ahead of Wheeler too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad