Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Apparently the Walters dispute came from them not wanting his assistants back so he was out too. He got offered the head job in Sudbury and Owen Sound and was offered an assistant job in Hamilton. He also got offered a leafs job late (unclear in what role) but he had already committed to Owen Sound
But isn't Nathan McIver with the team still.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I like too see where you're getting or info, you maybe right but I have read nothing anywhere to say General's coaching.

ive been constantly saying no wellwood for weeks, and now OHL insiders is confirming it all. miller with foster and a former ohl head coach as a second assistant. i don’t pump my tires but ive been right the entire time

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
didnt want to say anything before but since someone else posted it

thats the second assistant with head coaching experience i mentioned before

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens are having a press conference Tuesday to announce the coaches and somehow my name is on the list so we’ll see what they say at that. Would be nice to announce the signing of Ritchie at it, with the coaches, but I haven't heard that’s happening.

This rumoured group is a pretty all-star cast for a Jr hockey team though. Miller 10 year assistant who was under elite hockey mind Dale Hawerchuk for 9 of the 10 years. Foster who's seen as a defensive guru and has head coach experience in the OHL nad Dave Matsos who also has head coach experience in this league. Hard to ask for a better group than that

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I though Miller did a good enough job with the Colts during the 2nd half of the last season that I thought he would of had a shot at one of the many HC vacancies.
Edit: I misread; Miller is HC & Foster AC :)

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Gens are having a press conference Tuesday to announce the coaches and somehow my name is on the list so we’ll see what they say at that. Would be nice to announce the signing of Ritchie at it, with the coaches, but I haven't heard that’s happening.

This rumoured group is a pretty all-star cast for a Jr hockey team though. Miller 10 year assistant who was under elite hockey mind Dale Hawerchuk for 9 of the 10 years. Foster who's seen as a defensive guru and has head coach experience in the OHL nad Dave Matsos who also has head coach experience in this league. Hard to ask for a better group than that

gens wanted wellwood as hc but he turned them down, so the gens seem to think there may be a better group anyways :)

Reactions: sudburydinnerjacket

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Questions. Have the Gens signed any of their top picks from either of the last two Drafts? Castle, Richard, Smith or Kocsis ? Ritchie, Buckley ... Why are they so secretive about their signings compared to most other teams? What's the deal with Castle?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Questions. Have the Gens signed any of their top picks from either of the last two Drafts? Castle, Richard, Smith or Kocsis ? Ritchie, Buckley ... Why are they so secretive about their signings compared to most other teams? What's the deal with Castle?
I'm sure after the coaching hires we will hear of the signings, as far as Castle and it's my opinion only that he going be a claimed a deserter and traded to Niagara for some draft picks to recoop some of the draft picks we gave them for the Tommisio trade.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Naz, what is Castle's problem with the Gens?
I don't think he has a problem with the General's, I think Oshawa and Niagara had this in the works when traded for Tommisio happened not necessarily Castles but who ever the General's drafted, as you can't trade your 1st round pick but can trade the 1st round player by classifying him a deserter.
Like I said my opinion and I could be totally wrong on Castle and he signs with the General's.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Oshawa would have had to make an attempt to sign Castle, with Castle refusing before they could classify the player a defect. It seems a bit of a stretch for a young player and parent and agent/advisors to accept being considered defective just so drafting team can get a comp pick before trading the defective youth to another team. Oshawa would not be a terrible OHL destination for a Mississauga kid, I don’t think.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
gens wanted wellwood as hc but he turned them down, so the gens seem to think there may be a better group anyways :)

Yes, I also read the press release of him stepping down from Flint and know about the cited family circumstances that everyone else read about as well lol. Apparently you read my post as "these are the 3 best coaches of all-time and wow there is nobody in the world better than them!!!!". I'm not sure why/how you did that however lol

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Naz, what is Castle's problem with the Gens?

Castle wanted (wants I guess) to sign with the Gens. As has been rumoured a lot on here and twitter, it appears he was drafted by NIA knowing that he's going to be traded there to finish the Tomasino trade with picks coming back.

To @Naz's comment, he's not being claimed defected, that would've had to happen before the last draft and it didn't.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
If Castle needed to be declared defected before the season began last year, why wasn't he? Does that mean they lose the compensation pick?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If Castle needed to be declared defected before the season began last year, why wasn't he? Does that mean they lose the compensation pick?

If they declared Castle defected before last draft then he would've re-entered the draft and someone else could've/would've taken him (happened with Cam Fowler).

They're not getting a comp pick for him as he's clearly not defected. They're going to get the return from NIA, assuming that rumoured trade is correct.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Yes, I also read the press release of him stepping down from Flint and know about the cited family circumstances that everyone else read about as well lol. Apparently you read my post as "these are the 3 best coaches of all-time and wow there is nobody in the world better than them!!!!". I'm not sure why/how you did that however lol

totally a semantic argument for sure, being a bit of a dick, but i mean you kinda do that to everyone else so. fair for you is fair for me.

wellwood has interviewed for other jobs, he didnt like the oshawa job for whatever reason. not sure hamilton reached out, maybe they had mackie locked in for a while, not sure on that.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Kingston needs a coach now. McFarland gone to be part of the Seattle coaching staff. Kory Cooper named GM

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kingston needs a coach now. McFarland gone to be part of the Seattle coaching staff. Kory Cooper named GM
McFarland really filling up his coaching passport with stamps. 6 different changes for him in the last 8 years now

Oshawa->Kingston->Florida->Toronto->Kingston->Seattle

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Getting the feeling Mike Hedden is the 3rd AC lol #NewsBreaker #OHLinsidersWho

Attachments

• FFE36E34-A5FE-40E9-BBDB-992BC3970CDC.jpeg
    FFE36E34-A5FE-40E9-BBDB-992BC3970CDC.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 5

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Dale Hawerchuk’s parents were in attendance today. He was an Oshawa native and Todd Miller was his assistant coach for 9 years. Pretty cool

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Now that we have a coaching staff, let's get some players signed, sealed and announced!

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Good thing the Gens have their coaches locked up with 4 teams in the OHL seeking new coaches now. Some of these guys might have been candidates elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad