Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So we will have a completely new coaching staff this year. Who would you like to see take over?
Mike Babcock? Lol I’m kidding.

I’m surprised Walters is gone. Perhaps he’s getting a pro offer or something. I do like though that whoever comes in will get to bring his own D and F coach and not have to use guys who aren’t “his guys”

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Mike Babcock? Lol I’m kidding.

I’m surprised Walters is gone. Perhaps he’s getting a pro offer or something. I do like though that whoever comes in will get to bring his own D and F coach and not have to use guys who aren’t “his guys”

Was there any reason given for Walters departure?
Perhaps a fight with ownership? Money owed - back pay?

Very strange this happening with Walters??

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Was there any reason given for Walters departure?
Perhaps a fight with ownership? Money owed - back pay?

Very strange this happening with Walters??

Nobody in this thread will know the answer to any of those questions.

I can almost guarantee it's not over money owed though. He was coming off being an OJHL coach so he wouldn't have been breaking the bank

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Nobody in this thread will know the answer to any of those questions.

I can almost guarantee it's not over money owed though. He was coming off being an OJHL coach so he wouldn't have been breaking the bank
Well what Hunt said in Durham news both parties couldn't agree on a new deal agreement,so I'm sure money had some part in Greg departure.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well what Hunt said in Durham news both parties couldn't agree on a new deal agreement,so I'm sure money had some part in Greg departure.

I didn't say money didn't have a part. The person I was responding to said owed money. Aka that they weren't paying him what they said they were going to initially. That's a big difference lol

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
As per OHlInsider I'm hearing Kurtis Foster & Eric Wellwood in the mix for the Oshawa Generals Head coach/Ast. Coach vacancies.
Wonder if they'll be able to land them both

Reactions: OshawaFan2019

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
As per OHlInsider I'm hearing Kurtis Foster & Eric Wellwood in the mix for the Oshawa Generals Head coach/Ast. Coach vacancies.
Wonder if they'll be able to land them both
Wellwood would make sense. Gens didn't want to lose him but they couldn't offer him a HC job at the time

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Foster's coaching career is not exemplary, to say the least!

Coached the youngest team in the league 2 years in a row. Could see bringing him in if you're going into a rebuild. Not sure he'd be my pick if you think you're going to be good next year though

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Allan Etmanski says he's hearing Foster as Gens HC and Marc Savard and Wellwood as ACs. That'd be a pretty legit staff coming in. Wellwood and Foster already have the OHL experience as head coaches and would love to see what Savard could do with a powerplay

Last edited:
Reactions: OshawaFan2019

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Allan Etmanski says he's hearing Foster as Gens HC and Marc Savard and Wellwood as ACs. That'd be a pretty legit staff coming in. Wellwood and Foster already have the OHL experience as head coaches and would love to see what Savard could do with a powerplay

wellwood isnt coming, he turned it down. its foster and todd miller. savard isnt there either.

Reactions: sudburydinnerjacket

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
which is fine, but wellwood turned down co-coaches with forster a week before.

todd miller is the new gens coach, foster and assistant and anoher ohl name the other assistant.
I like too see where you're getting or info, you maybe right but I have read nothing anywhere to say General's coaching.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If I had to try to piece together a potential roster right now (hard to do before camps because especially this year, a lot of spots will be decided in camp) it would probably look something like this:

F Lines:
?-Harrison-Tullio
Niedenz(unsigned)-Ritchie(unsigned)-Fowler(OA)
Richard(unsigned)-Gagnier-McKinney
Way-Michaud-Whitton(unsigned)
Others: Buckley(unsigned), Castle(unsigned)

D Pairings:
Jesus-Brewer(OA)
Moore-Parfenyuk(unsigned)
?-Pitt
Others: Smith(unsigned), Best(unsigned)

G:
Paputsakis(OA)
Sbrocca
Others: Polidori, Leaver(unsigned)

Rocco has already publicly said that they're going to be looking for a top 6 F and top 4 D via trade as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Whatanathol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I like too see where you're getting or info, you maybe right but I have read nothing anywhere to say General's coaching.

not sure where - @ohlprospect?, read what was posted above a couple of times over at least the last week

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
German scout on Gens 1st round pick Kevin Niedenz:

As Jeff said, Niedenz didn't really play all year but did get the U18s where he played a minor role on a weak German team. I would describe him as a quick skater with above-average hands who seemed to suffer from tunnel vision in the games I saw two seasons ago. Would hope that's improved, otherwise I think he'll struggle to be productive at the OHL level.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
As per OHLinsider: Expecting the Oshawa Generals to announce Todd Miller as their new Head Coach at a press conference on Tuesday.
Also hearing Kurtis Foster joining Miller's staff as an assistant.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Apparently the Walters dispute came from them not wanting his assistants back so he was out too. He got offered the head job in Sudbury and Owen Sound and was offered an assistant job in Hamilton. He also got offered a leafs job late (unclear in what role) but he had already committed to Owen Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad