Oshawa Generals 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
and who may that be i have no clue i dont follow bantam and midget hockey.

Nobody played last year so hard to say. Coming out of bantam Carson Rehkopf, Calum Ritchie, Colby Barlow, Cam Allen, Noah Cochrane are some of the big names I've heard but who knows if someone has gotten a lot bigger and looks great in the upcoming showcases

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Nobody played last year so hard to say. Coming out of bantam Carson Rehkopf, Calum Ritchie, Colby Barlow, Cam Allen, Noah Cochrane are some of the big names I've heard but who knows if someone has gotten a lot bigger and looks great in the upcoming showcases

Goaltending? How does our goaltending look Updates? Who will be the go to guy or is it a clean slate?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Latest rumours circulating around have SBY taking an American 1st overall which would have the Gens taking whoever they think is the best Canadian '05. Very exciting

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oliver Suni signs a 2 year deal with Liiga starting next year. Big loss for the Gens, who will make 2 picks in the upcoming import draft now. Suni’s agent cited concerns that the OHL season will start on time next year. Talked to Rocco about it this morning and he said they have leads and connections to try to replace him. Gens have been good at getting a good import but hard to get 2 elite imports in the same draft. Has only happened a couple times league wide

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Oliver Suni signs a 2 year deal with Liiga starting next year. Big loss for the Gens, who will make 2 picks in the upcoming import draft now. Suni’s agent cited concerns that the OHL season will start on time next year. Talked to Rocco about it this morning and he said they have leads and connections to try to replace him. Gens have been good at getting a good import but hard to get 2 elite imports in the same draft. Has only happened a couple times league wide
Most unfortunate.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Most unfortunate.

Yeah. Never really got to see his full potential with so many injuries. The Vukojevic hit separates his shoulder and misses 2 months, then goes over to Finland during the OHL cancelled season and breaks his other shoulder and misses their last 3 months. Hopefully he can stay healthy and lights it up in Liiga to get drafted as an overager

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Yeah. Never really got to see his full potential with so many injuries. The Vukojevic hit separates his shoulder and misses 2 months, then goes over to Finland during the OHL cancelled season and breaks his other shoulder and misses their last 3 months. Hopefully he can stay healthy and lights it up in Liiga to get drafted as an overager
Agreed. He was good and didn’t get a chance to show 100% of his abilities. I was looking forward to watching him this year.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I guess Calum Richie is next up, do you think the General's will select Calum in there 2nd pick in the 1st rd , I do. What's your pick?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I guess Calum Richie is next up, do you think the General's will select Calum in there 2nd pick in the 1st rd , I do. What's your pick?

You'd assume it'll either be Calum Ritchie (top Canadian F) or Cam Allen (top Canadian D). I'd take Ritchie

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Wolves won't pass on Calum Ritchie at No.1 . Barlow sounds like an exciting sniper but Ritchie is the total package, offensively much better playmaker and gets rave reviews with his two way game and attention to detail in the D zone. Well safe to say the Wolves are licking their chops with the opportunity to draft this kid

Gens draft Calum Ritchie, the consensus top Canadian in the draft, at #2 overall.

Here is a highlight reel of his that I made from games I found online (this is from like 4 games)

Reactions: howlman

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
2nd round pick is Matthew Buckley, who was Ritchie's teammate in 2019-2020 but then moved to Ottawa to play for the Navan Grads last year. Looks like a pure sniper

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hey Updates, any idea how Brady is doing?

Haven't heard anything of recent. I would assume he'll be at camp on Sept 4th.

On a side note, Gens just took goalie Carter Bickle from the Oshawa Minor Generals minor midget team as their first round pick in the U18 draft

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
So we will have a completely new coaching staff this year. Who would you like to see take over?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Generals and head coach Greg Walters, parting ways
We would like to thank coach Walters for everything he has brought to the organization and wish him all the best moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad