Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Who are they going to get? Hunter Jones, Cedrick Andree and Anthony Popovich are the only proven goalies in the OHL who are also doing good right now and none of them will be available at any point this season. They'd just be getting a different Christian Purboo (a guy who has potential but hasn't shown he's a legit starting goalie yet) and hoping he plays well, like the Gens did with MacLean

Getting Dichow to report would really be the only way to get a legit goalie without just taking a shot at an unknown and hoping he plays well. But Dichow seems to be getting full time minutes in the SuperElit league in Sweden

I think Silovs will be made available after Christmas break. Perhaps Prosvetov is returned. But yeah, not a lot of potentially available very good goalies. There won’t be many teams looking though, Wolves and Gens maybe?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think Silovs will be made available after Christmas break. Perhaps Prosvetov is returned. But yeah, not a lot of potentially available very good goalies. There won’t be many teams looking though, Wolves and Gens maybe?

I doubt Silovs is available. Barrie thinks he'll be back next year so they'll likely hold onto him for both years. Prosvetov maybe, although Lennox hasn't been good and SAG is in a "win now" year, so I think they'd be looking to keep him too if he gets sent back. They kept an Import slot open for him.

Don't think the Gens will be looking for a goalie. Like I said all the goalies who will be available won't be good, and the 2 you mentioned, if they became available, would both be Imports and they already have 2 high end imports in Gross/Suni

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I doubt Silovs is available. Barrie thinks he'll be back next year so they'll likely hold onto him for both years. Prosvetov maybe, although Lennox hasn't been good and SAG is in a "win now" year, so I think they'd be looking to keep him too if he gets sent back. They kept an Import slot open for him.

Don't think the Gens will be looking for a goalie. Like I said all the goalies who will be available won't be good, and the 2 you mentioned, if they became available, would both be Imports and they already have 2 high end imports in Gross/Suni

I didn’t intend to suggest the Gens would be in the market for an import goalie. I meant to suggest that among contenders only Sudbury, maybe Oshawa would be looking to upgrade their goalie.
I don’t (think) Barrie would be interested in keeping two starting caliber G beyond January so I could see them offering Silovs for the right price and keep Greaves for three seasons.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I didn’t intend to suggest the Gens would be in the market for an import goalie. I meant to suggest that among contenders only Sudbury, maybe Oshawa would be looking to upgrade their goalie.
I don’t (think) Barrie would be interested in keeping two starting caliber G beyond January so I could see them offering Silovs for the right price and keep Greaves for three seasons.

Barrie will be good next year and Silovs will likely likely be a top 2/3 goalie next season. Can't see them not wanting that on their team who will likely be a championship contender. Greaves hasn't looked good this year

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Barrie will be good next year and Silovs will likely likely be a top 2/3 goalie next season. Can't see them not wanting that on their team who will likely be a championship contender. Greaves hasn't looked good this year

Could go either way. It may come down to how Greaves plays, demand for a goalie; and where the colts, wolves, & ‘67s are in the standings come Christmas. Silovs would certainly be good for the colts next season. But the colts have no problem getting good imports, and are not exactly pick rich; so, I’m not sure two goalies is the way to go.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Great trip up north.

Spoke with Ennis during the Suds game. He hopes to be back soon.

Ptbo game selling tix fast. Could be a sell out.

Missed on my predictions this weekend. I'll take:

Gens 7 - Sting 0 (Noel)
Gens 5 - ptbo 4 (McShane)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That would be the kind of add that would put the Generals in the championship question.

And I like a potential Garreffa/Lodnia add because both their teams already have 3 OA's so they're not really in a position to hold out and demand more so you might be able to get them for cheaper than what they would normally cost

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
And I like a potential Garreffa/Lodnia add because both their teams already have 3 OA's so they're not really in a position to hold out and demand more so you might be able to get them for cheaper than what they would normally cost
They won't come cheap as long as there is 2, 3 or 4 teams interested. C'mon there is no charity in this league unless you deal with Branch in Flint!

WJ

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
They won't come cheap as long as there is 2, 3 or 4 teams interested. C'mon there is no charity in this league unless you deal with Branch in Flint!

WJ

Not cheap, just cheapER than what they'd normally cost if their team was able to say "meet our demands or we're keeping him"

Reactions: dirty12

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Through 9 games, which is just over 13% of the season,

-Neumann is on pace for 106 points
-McShane and Suni are on pace for 98 points each
-Tullio is on pace for score 45 goals
-Noel would be on pace for 85 points if he played all 68 games
-Gross is on pace to score 37.7 goals

-Andrew MacLean is on pace to go 60-0-0-0 (lol "on pace" doesn't work so well with goalies)

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
The biggest question mark going into this season was goaltending. Kinda funny how Roger gave up a 5th rd pick and secured a stable enough goalie to allow this team to win games. The Soo and more so Mississauga and Sudbury, paid handsomely for goaltending help which none of them are getting at the moment. I’m sure MacLean will struggle at some points this season, but it’s nice to see we didn’t have to reach deep into our collection of draft picks to acquire his help.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The biggest question mark going into this season was goaltending. Kinda funny how Roger gave up a 5th rd pick and secured a stable enough goalie to allow this team to win games. The Soo and more so Mississauga and Sudbury, paid handsomely for goaltending help which none of them are getting at the moment. I’m sure MacLean will struggle at some points this season, but it’s nice to see we didn’t have to reach deep into our collection of draft picks to acquire his help.

And MacLean is an '01, which SBY got Purboo (an '00), SSM got Propp (a '99) and MISS got Edmonds ( a'00)

So not only did Hunt trade for by far the best one so far. But also the youngest one, and also by far the cheapest one (MacLean a 5th, Edmonds a 2nd+4th+7th, Purboo a 3rd+4th+4th+5th and Propp we don't know the full details of the trade)

Last edited:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
And MacLean is an '01, which SBY got Purboo (an '00), SSM got Propp (a '99) and MISS got Edmonds ( a'00)

So not only did Hunt trade for by far the best one so far. But also the youngest one, and also by far the cheapest one (MacLean a 5th, Edmonds a 2nd+4th+7th, Purboo a 3rd+4th+4th+5th and Propp we don't know the full details of the trade)

I believe it was mentioned in the Battalion thread that it was just a 3rd for Propp. Not as bad as Purboo and Edmonds, but you would still expect better numbers from an OA goalie that cost a high pick.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I believe it was mentioned in the Battalion thread that it was just a 3rd for Propp. Not as bad as Purboo and Edmonds, but you would still expect better numbers from an OA goalie that cost a high pick.

Okay gotcha. Yeah not bad then, and I still think Propp will be okay, he was usually pretty good for NB.

But when you look back at Hunt's history, goaltending really seems to be his biggest strongsuit. He got Keyser for only a 2nd, MacLean for only a 5th, drafted Appleby in the 2nd round, and also traded for Altshuller who was an elite goalie for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad