Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I’ve been surprised at the lack of buzz around Moore as well. While the points aren’t there, I find him to be one of the better skaters and puck handlers on the team. While it would be awesome to have another player drafted, having an almost guarantee that Moore plays out his full OHL career works out great for the Gens. Gonna need to recoup our picks somehow. 2 years from now Moore will be a valuable trade asset.

Don’t know it it’s Walters system or what, but the Gens don’t really rely on a heavy shot from the point this year. Vallati’s numbers are also showing the effect from that.

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I’ve been surprised at the lack of buzz around Moore as well. While the points aren’t there, I find him to be one of the better skaters and puck handlers on the team. While it would be awesome to have another player drafted, having an almost guarantee that Moore plays out his full OHL career works out great for the Gens. Gonna need to recoup our picks somehow. 2 years from now Moore will be a valuable trade asset.

Don’t know it it’s Walters system or what, but the Gens don’t really rely on a heavy shot from the point this year. Vallati’s numbers are also showing the effect from that.

yeah, they use the point on the PP to set up the two guys on the wall because that’s Tullio/Neumann or now Tomasino, which is the teams strength. But it adds an element to the PP for sure when Gross can also let a bomb go. Keeps the defenders honest and spreads them out

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack fan here, will be making a trip with a fan bus out to Tribute Communities Centre on the Family Day game versus the Generals and Owen Sound, done a pair of trips to Oshawa over the past number of years.

Wonder if and any Generals posters will be in attendance for the Family Day game. If so PM me done the trip a number of years ago but first time in a long time that I've attended a game at the TCC.

Cheers,

AttackSound

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens twitter announced their doing a weekly podcast with Nic Arnold (not sure who he is) but the first episode has Tomasino on it. 2nd has Gross

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
We’ll be cheering from afar tonight as section 104 is off to Florida for a wee break.

Looking for a 5-2 Gens win, Tomasino will continue his torrid pace and pot the game winner.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Listless game yes, even with Tully trying to fire up the troops with another mitten throw down. Team as a whole took the foot off the gas after the 2nd and couldn't recover. They also didn't wake up until 10 min of the 1st. Possibly a case of complacency thinking #26 will have another 3-4 point night. A good lesson that even against bottom conference teams, top end teams need to buckle down and work.

Now they find themselves in a position of having to travel during a nutty snowstorm to a big and bruising OS team, then turn around and face # 1 in nation, all in the span of 36 hrs.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Hopefully nothing serious for Moore. He skated off without any assistance, so I was a little surprised he never came back. Very dangerous hit though.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
How in blazes was the hit by Bjorgvik-Holm on Moore only a 2 minute crosschecking penalty? It was, at the very least, 5 for boarding, hitting from behind, or blindsiding. I thought the tablets were installed at the penalty box so the refs could review the play and make the right call. Did they even look? Oh yeah Coulombe and Shien were the refs - enough said!
Any word on the extent of Moore's injury and how long he will be out?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
How in blazes was the hit by Bjorgvik-Holm on Moore only a 2 minute crosschecking penalty? It was, at the very least, 5 for boarding, hitting from behind, or blindsiding. I thought the tablets were installed at the penalty box so the refs could review the play and make the right call. Did they even look? Oh yeah Coulombe and Shien were the refs - enough said!
Any word on the extent of Moore's injury and how long he will be out?

can’t see him playing at all this weekend since he didn’t come back for the final 45 mins after the hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad