Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
lit would be less of a tank if holding Tomasino until next deadline, wouldn’t it? Risking injury, anything could happen; but, Tomasino could help ensure a playoff gate, be a good aid in youngster development, and maintain the same trade value as now at the next deadline when two OHL teams will have a memorial cup berth.

If Tomasino is traded this year, they will get an additional two 2nds in that deal. IF they wait until next year, they bring in more variables.

I see no upside in trade value waiting a year. The only value are the points he puts up through the deadline next year. Those points will probably reduce the trade value by the two 2nds.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Tomasino is traded this year, they will get an additional two 2nds in that deal. IF they wait until next year, they bring in more variables.

I see no upside in trade value waiting a year. The only value are the points he puts up through the deadline next year. Those points will probably reduce the trade value by the two 2nds.

maybe, but who besides Oshawa is buying for next season now to solidify memorial cup bid? Niagara will make them pay large; or, let Oshawa bid against more teams next season

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Why no talk about why Noel left Oshawa???

The only thing suggesting he wanted out is an ohl insiders tweet, which he deleted minutes later. And since then he responded to someone just saying it means the Gens are open to moving him, which we’ve known all year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
maybe, but who besides Oshawa is buying for next season now to solidify memorial cup bid? Niagara will make them pay large; or, let Oshawa bid against more teams next season

I’ve heard that Hamilton was considering bidding, but don’t know if they are or not. Haven’t heard of anyone else

Reactions: three dog night

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I’ve heard that Hamilton was considering bidding, but don’t know if they are or not. Haven’t heard of anyone else
The last time The OHL bid for the cup Hamilton was also bidding but didn't even get out of the gate, there was so many up grades and repairs to make it Cup standard, it was something that the city and team owner were discussing cost, I haven't heard if any Reno's been done and if not same issues as last time, Oshawa has done everything that is required for the arena, and maybe 3rd times a charm, fingers crossed :thumbu:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
The only thing suggesting he wanted out is an ohl insiders tweet, which he deleted minutes later. And since then he responded to someone just saying it means the Gens are open to moving him, which we’ve known all year
Ok guess we’ll see if he’s in lineup tomorrow

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
I'm sticking with my original prediction Gens 5 - 3 with Neumann for the gwg against his old team. McShane for the Teddy bear goal.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I'm going with my original as well. 5-3 Gens, McShane GWG
Neumann TBTG

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Will stick with my original prediction ty G Updates.

re: kitchener tomorrow, willl go with gens 4, kit 2, (GWG suni)

TommyV27

Sep 20, 2019
Gens to win by a 6-2 score, gwg by Tullio.

Calling on Suni to get the teddy bears launched.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Also, no one has talked about whether Gens would trade #13 and/or #15 if the goal is to clearly build for M cup bid next year. Both are OA's and the best case scenario would be an upset in rd #2 last year where Oshawa made it to Conference finals.

Just my thought but it would give the younger guys a ton of playoff ice vs barrie or suds and load up the cupboard.

Osh could even package the Panther and #13 and/or #15 to teams that have OA room. G updates would know more about that likelihood as it relates to potential suitors.

I see Hunt making a huge splash this time and doing some of the above thoughts. Wont be popular but clearly this team is not ready for a Cup run in 2020.

2021 is their best bet.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Have not heard anything else but I do know you won't see Noel in a General's uniform, a trade may be best for the General's and Noel.

Serron Noel is back in the lineup tonight despite your "but I do know you won't see Noel in a Generals uniform" comment 2 days ago. This isn't the first time you've pretended to have inside info that was immediately proven as wrong. Stop doing that

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Also, no one has talked about whether Gens would trade #13 and/or #15 if the goal is to clearly build for M cup bid next year. Both are OA's and the best case scenario would be an upset in rd #2 last year where Oshawa made it to Conference finals.

Just my thought but it would give the younger guys a ton of playoff ice vs barrie or suds and load up the cupboard.

Osh could even package the Panther and #13 and/or #15 to teams that have OA room. G updates would know more about that likelihood as it relates to potential suitors.

I see Hunt making a huge splash this time and doing some of the above thoughts. Wont be popular but clearly this team is not ready for a Cup run in 2020.

2021 is their best bet.

Couple things with this post

1- the OA market is already saturated so you wouldn't get close to value for Neumann or MacLean

2- I don't think you win round 1 if you trade Noel, Neumann and MacLean

3- Don't get the "clearly this team is not ready for a Cup run in 2020". This team has shown it already has 2 goalies for next year, can return 5/6 of it's D and already has the most picks in the league, even before the Noel trade happens which is going to load them up even more. Hunt can very, very easily have this team ready for a cup run next year. He doesn't need to do any serious upgrades on D/G (just minor ones) so he can afford to get 4-6 elite forwards with how many picks and the rookie first rounder to trade next year. He also has an open import spot coming up and he's been great at getting impact guys in that draft.

Hunt has way more picks now than he did in 2015 where he added Mermis/McCarron/Mistele/Pederson (and Cirelli/Lindberg in the offseason).

He also has almost double the amount of picks that Guelph had last year and they added 3 Canada World Juniors players and another elite D-man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad