Oshawa Generals 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Surprised and not surprised at Noel not getting invited. He's played very well for Canada at previous tournaments. He's been awful this season though. At least we don't have to wait until the WJC to finish before trading him.

or to trade for Philip Tomasino..... haha I wish!

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
So, IF Noel is not playing for Oshawa anymore, do the Generals make him sit out a month so they get their chance at trading for an 03, or has his play this year made that less of a possibility?

Obviously the hope was probably that he was on the WJC team and it took care of itself but now that that hasn't happened...?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So, IF Noel is not playing for Oshawa anymore, do the Generals make him sit out a month so they get their chance at trading for an 03, or has his play this year made that less of a possibility?

Obviously the hope was probably that he was on the WJC team and it took care of itself but now that that hasn't happened...?

I don’t think you’re getting an ‘03 for Noel. Nor do the Gens probably want an ‘03. They need someone who is going to be ready to be a stud next year, which probably isn’t an ‘03

Unless the plan is to flip that '03 next year for a 19 year old stud

Last edited:

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Who all does Oshawa have for OA candidates next year? OS has a surplus maybe theres someone they could trade with picks or something.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Everyone has been talking about Oshawa potentially bidding for the 2021 Memorial Cup. When do proposals need to be submitted? Any rumours who else might bid? Ottawa? Hamilton?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Who all does Oshawa have for OA candidates next year? OS has a surplus maybe theres someone they could trade with picks or something.

Will Ennis is a lock. Allan McShane and Giovanni Vallati are also locks if MTL/WPG don't sign them, but we won't know if they get signed until later in the year or the off-season

Reactions: Noofgoof

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
Currently we would potentially have Noel, McShane, Ennis, Vallati and Gross eligible to return as OA's.

Reactions: Noofgoof

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Everyone has been talking about Oshawa potentially bidding for the 2021 Memorial Cup. When do proposals need to be submitted? Any rumours who else might bid? Ottawa? Hamilton?
Though I believe it was said to be announced this November, teams have until February to submit a bid

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Is Noel signed by Fla?

Yeah, so he's for sure gone next year.

Gross (NYR), McShane (MTL) and Vallati (WPG) are all still unsigned though. So their teams have until June 1st to sign them or they lose their rights and they'd be back in the OHL next year for an OA season

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
If Gross doesn’t sign with NYR, I would assume he’s heading back overseas. Unless another team offers him a contract. I would prefer Ennis as the other OA D over Gross, who would take up an import spot too. Move on from Nico and bring in a top import.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If Gross doesn’t sign with NYR, I would assume he’s heading back overseas. Unless another team offers him a contract. I would prefer Ennis as the other OA D over Gross, who would take up an import spot too. Move on from Nico and bring in a top import.

I don't see how NYR doesn't sign Gross, he's been a legit top 5 2-way Dman this year and looks like a for sure future pro D with a upside to be an NHL D-man.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
And hearing niagara not moving tomasino at least this year. Not a ton of interest in Noel with the price tag at present. Looking for 18yr olds in exchange.

wouldn’t make any sense for Niagara to not move Tomasino. That means they’re waiting until next year to full tank, and then they don’t have their first round pick that draft.... that’d be an all time bonehead move to tank in a draft you don’t have your first rounder

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
wouldn’t make any sense for Niagara to not move Tomasino. That means they’re waiting until next year to full tank, and then they don’t have their first round pick that draft.... that’d be an all time bonehead move to tank in a draft you don’t have your first rounder
I hear ya..Just what I’ve heard, guess we’ll see

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

lit would be less of a tank if holding Tomasino until next deadline, wouldn’t it? Risking injury, anything could happen; but, Tomasino could help ensure a playoff gate, be a good aid in youngster development, and maintain the same trade value as now at the next deadline when two OHL teams will have a memorial cup berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->