Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Someone wondered why he was still there in the 2nd is all.....I don’t have any special scoops 20 teams passed in the first they took other players..as I said a ton of talent there

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wong and Brewer didn't make Hlinka (only 1 OHL D-man made it). Noel won't make WJC.

So it's just Studnicka and Keyser who might make the World Juniors (gone basically all Dec until Jan 10)

And Robinson/Tullio will likely make U17 (gone Nov 1 or 2-10, which would be 5 games)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Doing all that for “single game tickets are on sale” is a joke. Hopefully it wasn’t someone high up in the Gens who thought that was a good idea

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well it's 11:10 and only thing posted are the Generals special day events

The “announcement” was that single game tickets go on sale the same time they do every year. For everyone who was worried that the Gens weren’t going to put tickets on sale this year...

Reactions: aresknights

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Generals trade Goalie Nathen Tochia to Owen sound for North bays 7th in 2020. Wasn't going to be used in oshawa so let the kid play.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Generals trade Goalie Nathen Tochia to Owen sound for North bays 7th in 2020. Wasn't going to be used in oshawa so let the kid play.

Yeah will be Peccia if the OA rule doesn't pass and Ceci if it does. Wonder what the condition to the pick is

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
What can OS expect from what the Gens fans saw in Torchia, son of former Kitchener Ranger tender Mike.

He's got decent numbers in Georgetown and Stouffville 2.95 GAA and 0.910 SAV throughout last season. But what can the Generals fans say about his style of tending for what has been seen through either training camps or season play at all??

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What can OS expect from what the Gens fans saw in Torchia, son of former Kitchener Ranger tender Mike.

He's got decent numbers in Georgetown and Stouffville 2.95 GAA and 0.910 SAV throughout last season. But what can the Generals fans say about his style of tending for what has been seen through either training camps or season play at all??

Only has played 1 OHL game and gave up a goal on his first shot but the stopped 9/11 for an .818 save %.

Was struggling last year on a really bad Stouffville team (.886 save % in 22 games) and then got traded to the best team in the league and was the backup to Troy Timpano. He was good down the stretch but then didn't start any playoff games for them because of Timpano

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Yeah will be Peccia if the OA rule doesn't pass and Ceci if it does. Wonder what the condition to the pick is

I kinda want it to be Peccia. He’s going to need to get in some more reps then what he got last year. Tough call though. The team might want an OA goalie in case Keyser has some injury troubles again.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
3rd Rounder Ryan Gagnier will play for the Leamingon Flyers (GOJHL) if he is not in Oshawa! Lots of Oshawa connections there! Same Jr team Joe Manchurek, Daniel Robertson & Eric Henderson played for at 16 and Gens 1st Rounder in the U-18 Draft (Ryan Polidori) & 2017 7th Rounder (Adam Jeffery) are both playing there this season

Flyers Sign Generals 2018 3rd Rounder Ryan Gagnier | GOJHL Leamington Flyers
I have a question because I don't know.
If Ryan has signed with Leamington does that mean he won't have a chance playing for the Generals or it just to protect just in case he doesn't crack the line-up thanks in advance

Southwest76

Sep 3, 2016
I have a question because I don't know.
If Ryan has signed with Leamington does that mean he won't have a chance playing for the Generals or it just to protect just in case he doesn't crack the line-up thanks in advance
Article on the Leamington website says that he is still trying to make Oshawa & will play in Leamington if he doesn’t stick

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Gens make a trade with Kitchener
TRADE: Generals acquire Giovanni Vallati from the @OHLRangers in exchange for draft selections.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This trade is perfect for the Gens. Vallati (2000) will be here for sure for at least 2 years, and maybe even a 3rd, which fits the window perfectly. 2 2nds and 2 3rds for what could be 3 seasons of an elite Dman is a great price to pay. Especially getting him now and not having to wait until the deadline like most teams will have to in order to get their impact guy(s)

Reactions: gensfan2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad