Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I expect some low level trades once the trade freeze lifts in August. Gens will be looking to move Eric Henderson, Brendan Harrogate, and Cole Ceci.

I'd think someone would spend a mid-round pick (4th-6th) on Henderson but can't see anyone using Harrogate as an OA. Ceci would all depend on if the new OA goalie rule comes in or not. If it doesn't, nobody is using an OA spot on Ceci as a backup goalie. But if the rule does come in, someone could want Ceci as he showed last year that he's a legit OHL backup. Or do the Gens keep Ceci as the backup goalie if the new OA rule comes in? Would mean you have to move Peccia then

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I expect some low level trades once the trade freeze lifts in August. Gens will be looking to move Eric Henderson, Brendan Harrogate, and Cole Ceci.

I'd think someone would spend a mid-round pick (4th-6th) on Henderson but can't see anyone using Harrogate as an OA. Ceci would all depend on if the new OA goalie rule comes in or not. If it doesn't, nobody is using an OA spot on Ceci as a backup goalie. But if the rule does come in, someone could want Ceci as he showed last year that he's a legit OHL backup. Or do the Gens keep Ceci as the backup goalie if the new OA rule comes in? Would mean you have to move Peccia then

There is a lack of quality OA's this year. Not only should you be able to find takers for these guys, but you might even be able to net a little bit more than usual. Guys like Harrogate and Ceci could have good roles on some teams.

The main thing is that the OA has to be better than the other guys on the roster. There are some teams that are pretty much stacked right now and even though they have an OA spot(s) open, there are not too many OA's out there that could be a worthwhile upgrade on what they'd already have.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Rumour from Jake Baskin is that Bode Wilde is coming to the OHL but wants to play for a more prominent organization than Saginaw. Would fit the Gens perfectly. He'd be here for 2 years which is the Gens window. He put up crazy numbers for a D-man on Team USA last year. And if the Islanders get a say, you know they already love the Gens with Tavares/de Haan/Dal Colle/Vande Sompel all being taken in the first 3 rounds

Gens trade-able picks in the next 5 drafts: (8 2nds, 3 3rds, 4 4ths)

2019: SBY 2nd, KGN 3rd, OSH 4th
2020: HAM 2nd
2021: KGN 2nd, OSH 4th
2022: OSH 2nd, HAM 2nd, ERIE 2nd, OSH 3rd, OSH 4th
2023: OSH 2nd, ERIE 2nd, OSH 3rd, OSH 4th

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Rumour from Jake Baskin is that Bode Wilde is coming to the OHL but wants to play for a more prominent organization than Saginaw. Would fit the Gens perfectly. He'd be here for 2 years which is the Gens window. He put up crazy numbers for a D-man on Team USA last year. And if the Islanders get a say, you know they already love the Gens with Tavares/de Haan/Dal Colle/Vande Sompel all being taken in the first 3 rounds

Gens trade-able picks in the next 5 drafts: (8 2nds, 3 3rds, 4 4ths)

2019: SBY 2nd, KGN 3rd, OSH 4th
2020: HAM 2nd
2021: KGN 2nd, OSH 4th
2022: OSH 2nd, HAM 2nd, ERIE 2nd, OSH 3rd, OSH 4th
2023: OSH 2nd, ERIE 2nd, OSH 3rd, OSH 4th

What is Wilde worth it will not be cheap? 2-2nds+ 2-3rds prospect
Saginaw is not a bad team they have made key signings and have an excellent core the next couple years. They are a trade or 2 away from being a contender. We have Jenkins also a NYI prospect and good friend of Wilde. DD our GM has built a solid cub that will only get better l do not see Oshawa leaps and bounds ahead of Saginaw personally they are both needing a few pieces.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What is Wilde worth it will not be cheap? 2-2nds+ 2-3rds prospect
Saginaw is not a bad team they have made key signings and have an excellent core the next couple years. They are a trade or 2 away from being a contender. We have Jenkins also a NYI prospect and good friend of Wilde. DD our GM has built a solid cub that will only get better l do not see Oshawa leaps and bounds ahead of Saginaw personally they are both needing a few pieces.

You usually win when your best players are your veterans and the Gens are a more veteran team than Saginaw I think (last year for Studnicka, Commisso, Brassard and Keyser, probably the Gens 4 best players. While Saginaw doesn't even have more than 1 OA). The Gens are ready to win now while Saginaw is a year or 2 away from really contending for a championship. But no doubt Saginaw is building a really good young core that should dominate in a couple years.

I don't think you're getting 2 2nds+2 3rds+prospect for 2 years of Wilde considering 3 years of Rippon went for 2 2nds+conditional and everyone thought he'd be a 1st or 2nd round pick at that time

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So Generalsupdates, you picking OSH as the favourites over, say, Niagara?

As is always the case in junior hockey, it'll entirely depend upon who does what at the trade deadline. The year the Gens won the Memorial Cup, they added 4 NHL drafted players at the deadline. So way, way too early to say who the favourite to win it all is. But OSH, NIA, OTT all look pre-season like teams who could be in position to add at the deadline

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
You keep using Rippon as the comparable Generalsupdates. He was never even drafted Bode is a top prospect with all the tools.Gilmour Coskey, Middleton Michnac and Prosvetov are equal to the 4 guys mentioned above. You have Studnicka, McLean, Blacker and 2 goalies are 99s plus 3 OAs.
8 guys are 99 or 98.
Webb, Davis, Busdeker plus 5 listed above is 8 unless my math is wrong not to much difference between the two.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You keep using Rippon as the comparable Generalsupdates. He was never even drafted Bode is a top prospect with all the tools.Gilmour Coskey, Middleton Michnac and Prosvetov are equal to the 4 guys mentioned above. You have Studnicka, McLean, Blacker and 2 goalies are 99s plus 3 OAs.
8 guys are 99 or 98.
Webb, Davis, Busdeker plus 5 listed above is 8 unless my math is wrong not to much difference between the two.

Rippon was traded before his draft and he was labelled as a sure fire 1st or 2nd round pick. Read this: Mississauga Steelheads trade for coveted defenceman Merrick Rippon

They thought he was 100% going in round 1 or 2 to the NHL. The conditional pick was even based on "2nd if he goes in round 1 and 3rd if he goes in round 2". They didn't evne have conditions if he got drafted lower than that because they didn't tihnk it was possible. Then after he got traded he had a BRUTAL year and didn't get drafted.

And it's not about # of each age group it's about who those guys are. The Gens best players are all the veterans (Studnicka, Keyser, Brassard, Commisso are the 4 best players and all in their last year)

SAG's best players are Jenkins (2000), Giroux (2000), Perfetti (2002), Coskey (1999), Grondin (2000) and Michnac (1998). That's a very young core of your best players. All but Coskey and Michnac are closer to the start of their OHL careers than the end of it. I swear I saw somewhere else that you don't think that SAG is going to compete for a championship this year, but will in the future. That's exactly what I'm saying lol

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Rippon was traded before his draft and he was labelled as a sure fire 1st or 2nd round pick. Read this: Mississauga Steelheads trade for coveted defenceman Merrick Rippon

They thought he was 100% going in round 1 or 2 to the NHL. The conditional pick was even based on "2nd if he goes in round 1 and 3rd if he goes in round 2". They didn't evne have conditions if he got drafted lower than that because they didn't tihnk it was possible. Then after he got traded he had a BRUTAL year and didn't get drafted.

And it's not about # of each age group it's about who those guys are. The Gens best players are all the veterans (Studnicka, Keyser, Brassard, Commisso are the 4 best players and all in their last year)

SAG's best players are Jenkins (2000), Giroux (2000), Perfetti (2002), Coskey (1999), Grondin (2000) and Michnac (1998). That's a very young core of your best players. All but Coskey and Michnac are closer to the start of their OHL careers than the end of it. I swear I saw somewhere else that you don't think that SAG is going to compete for a championship this year, but will in the future. That's exactly what I'm saying lol
Gilmour, Webb, Davis forgot about them they are 99's and not to shabby. I believe you told everyone Perfetti was going to Oshawa lol. Forgot about Prosvetov he could be a good one.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gilmour, Webb, Davis forgot about them they are 99's and not to shabby. I believe you told everyone Perfetti was going to Oshawa.

Gilmour, Davis and Webb aren't OHL stars, I didn't forget them. I told people Perfetti didn't want to go to Saginaw when he was drafted by them, which can not be argued (do you remember the Cole-less jersey from when he didn't show up to his draft party?) and then Drinkill convinced the Perfetti's why SAG would be good for him over the next 2-3 months. Although, what does that have to do with what we were just talking about? Lol

Idk if you just like to argue or what, because I'm pretty sure you agree with me that Saginaw will be a good team this year but will not compete for a championship until next season or the year after. So idk why we're still doing this...

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Like you we both have our opinions for you to say how mature your club is I disagree. But I don't want to keep yapping either. Have a good summer and we will see what happens.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Like you we both have our opinions for you to say how mature your club is I disagree. But I don't want to keep yapping either. Have a good summer and we will see what happens.

Just answer my 1 question. Do you see Saginaw competing for a championship this season (meaning they're in the Western Conference final or OHL final). Or is that still 1-2 years away?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I see them as a team that with some smart trades and some key development could make it a couple rounds in the playoffs and next year could be our year. Do you think you could win the conference?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I see them as a team that with some smart trades and some key development could make it a couple rounds in the playoffs and next year could be our year. Do you think you could win the conference?

Will entirely depend on when Hunt thinks is our best year to win. If he goes all-in this year then I think the Gens for sure could win it. If he waits until next year with McShane/Noel/Antropov/Wong/Robinson/Tullio as the leaders, then I get that too. Personally I'd like him to go after 2 year guys that fit both windows (Wilde would be perfect). I do think Ottawa is the team to beat in the East because basically everyone is returning and they have a million draft picks

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Good showing from both Gens prospects in the game tonight.

Man is Ty Tullio good at keeping the puck on his stick and setting up his linemates. I'd love to see him with Noel and just set him up all day

Dylan Robinson scored the winner. Still can't believe he was still there in the 2nd round. He has 2 goals in 2 games at the U17 so far

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Robinson definate talent...there was a reason he was there in the 2nd that is all..hope it works out for him and gens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad