Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Who's the contender out there who is not set in goal? Maybe OS if they decide not to sell? London and the Soo are good in the west. Ott and Nia are good in the east.

Would Keyser be that much of an upgrade over Popovich in Guelph for the Storm to surrender a "boat load" when they need to upgrade in other areas if they decide they are buyers?

Two of the hardest things to get big return for at or near the deadline are goalies and import players.

Of OS is the only trade partner, there'll be no boat load going the other way.

Potential contending teams who need an upgrade in net to seriously contend to me are Guelph, Owen Sound, and Saginaw.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Potential contending teams who need an upgrade in net to seriously contend to me are Guelph, Owen Sound, and Saginaw.

I wonder if there is a way the Gens could pull off that Perfetti deal? If they do the Studnicka deal and maybe ship Keyser to Saginaw, its possible Perfetti could end up where he was supposed to all along.

Thoughts?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
If ohl insider is right about Studnika and Brassard, I would say go all in trade Keyser to Saginaw for Cole Perfetti plus. I think it's a two team race between Ottawa and Niagara, look to build for next season which should be a strong one for the Gens.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If ohl insider is right about Studnika and Brassard, I would say go all in trade Keyser to Saginaw for Cole Perfetti plus. I think it's a two team race between Ottawa and Niagara, look to build for next season which should be a strong one for the Gens.

Based on Perfetti's production this year as a 16 year old, I'd say Keyser plus plus to Saginaw for Perfetti.

But if I'm Saginaw, Perfetti goes nowhere. The kid has to be one of the top 16 year olds in the league this year and a contributor to this year's team.

Unless there was an agreement made to get him to report where if he wanted, he could be dealt at the deadline. His reporting to Saginaw was an eye opener for some. Anything is possible.

Reactions: dirty12

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
The Cirelli trade when we were 1st in the conference was a hard one for many fans to grasp. I remember one fan in particular bringing a sign to games asking for Hunt to be fired, even after McShane came in hot. I don’t think this one will go over any better. Especially if Keyser is moved too.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Based on Perfetti's production this year as a 16 year old, I'd say Keyser plus plus to Saginaw for Perfetti.

But if I'm Saginaw, Perfetti goes nowhere. The kid has to be one of the top 16 year olds in the league this year and a contributor to this year's team.

Unless there was an agreement made to get him to report where if he wanted, he could be dealt at the deadline. His reporting to Saginaw was an eye opener for some. Anything is possible.
If Saginaw wants Keyser and not saying they do it will take perfetti +

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I wonder if there is a way the Gens could pull off that Perfetti deal? If they do the Studnicka deal and maybe ship Keyser to Saginaw, its possible Perfetti could end up where he was supposed to all along.

Thoughts?

I’d do that in a second. But Perfetti is already probably Saginaw’s 2nd(?) best player. They can’t trade him and get better I don’t think. He’s already so good

The question I have is does Niagara trust Dhillon in net? Or is part 2 of that trade that OHL insiders was referencing Keyser for Tomasino

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I’d do that in a second. But Perfetti is already probably Saginaw’s 2nd(?) best player. They can’t trade him and get better I don’t think. He’s already so good

The question I have is does Niagara trust Dhillon in net? Or is part 2 of that trade that OHL insiders was referencing Keyser for Tomasino
No way is Tomasino being traded and Dhillon having a great season.

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014

When Oshawa got Hughes - I said that frees up options with Keyser. Don't have anything thing saying Keyser to Niagara.

Tomasino supposed to go to Oshawa in the summer as a part 2. Tulios and Tomasino familiar with eachother. Rocco is very confident in a Memorial Cup bid and Tomasino knows it.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

If I'm Saginaw, in a season where we are a contender, but not THE contender, no way I'm trading Perfetti, for a graduating player who won't be around next year when Saginaw should be one of the top contenders.

Not Keyser for Perfetti plus. Not Keyser for Perfetti even up. The only way is if it's for Keyser plus plus and even then, I think long and hard.

It may be different if Saginaw was the top dog in the west but needed a goalie. But that's not the case.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

It wouldn't be a reach to say that had Perfetti been deemed a defective player and dealt in September, as a fifth overall pick, he would've brought in probably three or four second round picks plus a couple of thirds in trade. That would've been for an unproven player.

Now a few months later, Perfetti, now very much a proven player, is expected to not be worth Keyser unless there's more going to the Generals.

For all intents and purposes, DiPietro went to the 67's for four 2nds and the rights to a player.

Are we to expect that Keyser is worth more?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Tomasino already was traded to Kingston lol. The trade was agreed upon and he used his NTC..... Tomasino is clearly a trade chip they’re using

Maybe, but not for Keyser. The Gens do have some reasonable options for Keyser. They can keep him; give him to OS for next to nothing; or, trade him to Saginaw for a player that does not fit into their plans and some ‘19-‘21 picks. Maybe, a larger trade where Eddenberger for Michnac is included makes sense.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Maybe, but not for Keyser. The Gens do have some reasonable options for Keyser. They can keep him; give him to OS for next to nothing; or, trade him to Saginaw for a player that does not fit into their plans and some ‘19-‘21 picks. Maybe, a larger trade where Eddenberger for Michnac is included makes sense.

You can cross off give him to OS for next to nothing. Why would they ever do that lol. If he goes to os, I’d bet on Guzda+picks coming back

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You can cross off give him to OS for next to nothing. Why would they ever do that lol. If he goes to os, I’d bet on Guzda+picks coming back

Ok; except, neither OS or OSH have many ‘19-‘21 picks. I doubt DeGray digs a bigger hole by dealing ‘23-‘24 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad