Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
My trust in OHL refs being even decent is usually at about 0, but somehow they still consistently are worse than that. To allow Maksimovich to throw an elbow into Gross’ face to get him off him, and not call that just handed Ottawa a goal. So, so bad
Yes the elite teams will always get the calls...but our response in this game has been pathetic to say the least... So disappointing... U can't have young players like Rossi doing the shit he does and get away with it..u need a response... Also to have Tullio on so much as he's been is down right wrong..he's not playing that well... Hats off the the poles.. your an elite team..until next year..Go Gens go

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Fork and a broom is really all that’s needed now lol.
Refs aside how do you come out at home down 2 0 and not have any emotion. Hit someone!
Seriously Ottawa is a very good team. That’s a championship type of squad. No hanging the heads here good bonus hockey to watch.
Sorry Three Dog for the small crowd

Reactions: three dog night

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
My trust in OHL refs being even decent is usually at about 0, but somehow they still consistently are worse than that. To allow Maksimovich to throw an elbow into Gross’ face to get him off him, and not call that just handed Ottawa a goal. So, so bad
They also could have called holding/hooking on Gross. The missed call was Clark closing hand on puck.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yes the elite teams will always get the calls...but our response in this game has been pathetic to say the least... So disappointing... U can't have young players like Rossi doing the **** he does and get away with it..u need a response... Also to have Tullio on so much as he's been is down right wrong..he's not playing that well... Hats off the the poles.. your an elite team..until next year..Go Gens go

Interested on your Tullio take. McShane and Noel have consistently been good for all 3 games, not sure anyone else has. But at least Tullio plays physical every game and always gives a consistent shift. What don’t you like about his game this series?

Reactions: GeneralConversation

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Where did you end up going before the game? Forgot to mention the bar in the rink earlier. Sorry about that

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Where did you end up going before the game? Forgot to mention the bar in the rink earlier. Sorry about that

We ended up with the Falafel platter, Shawarma Platter and Pizza Pizza in the arena. It was all very good. Wanted to go to WC’s but didn’t have enough time. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That’s not at all true. Sudbury did a lot of due diligence before that pick was made.

I remember reading a Stillman article right before OHL camp where he said he didn't know if UPL was coming or not and that they had to wait for Buffalo to decide after their camp was done and OHL/Europe were still both options. I remember this vividly because my buddy is a diehard Wolves fan and he was freaking out after reading that, thinking they might've just wasted the 3rd overall pick

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well it looks like a clean sweep on the way. Not much different with what happened to our Wolves. Ottawa is just to darn good. Good try Gens hope for one win.

WJ

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
That’s not at all true. Sudbury did a lot of due diligence before that pick was made.
It is true that Sudbury wasn’t sure if he was coming. They needed to convince Buffalo’s GM that Sudbury was a good spot for him this year. What the deal was I’d assume 50 starts and a goalie coach. I know from a reliable source that it wasn’t a shoe in and a sell job was required. McGrath was the guy otherwise :sarcasm:

WJ

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This team is done in 4! Lines have changed too many times and the boys look like they all want to go home. Great effort till this series.

Walters has been juggling lines all year. I have a hard time criticizing that when most of the time this year it’s worked (last series especially)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Salinitri suspended 6 games.... I’ll get the video when I get home but so unbelievably soft based on what other guys have gotten for way worse hits this postseason. The ref was right beside them and deemed it a minor penalty. The league somehow says not only is it a major, but it’s 2 more games than the Murray elbow that knocked out Entwistle, 5 more games than the Robertson hit from behind and 6 more games than the intentional Dhillon knee on Gross. So, so bad

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Salinitri suspended 6 games.... I’ll get the video when I get home but so unbelievably soft based on what other guys have gotten for way worse hits this postseason. The ref was right beside them and deemed it a minor penalty. The league somehow says not only is it a major, but it’s 2 more games than the Murray elbow that knocked out Entwistle, 5 more games than the Robertson hit from behind and 6 more games than the intentional Dhillon knee on Gross. So, so bad
I thought this would be reviewed when I saw it. I agree 6 games is excessive I didn't think it was that bad. One maybe two at most imo. A bit sad for Salinitri to possibly finish his junior career like this.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I can’t really tell from the video on twitter. Looks like he punched him in the back of the head. It’s bad and it comes from a frustrated player. You got Rossi joining the long list of players to take a run at Keyser, which i was surprised they actually called the penalty on. Then Maksimovich with a blatant elbow on Gross leading to the 4th goal. The Gennies were already struggling to get much going yesterday. Didn’t need the officiating to bury them any further.

Tough end for Sal’s OHL career. We didn’t have him for long, but he was easily one of the most exciting players to watch this season. Hat tricks galore and a clutch performance against Peterborough. Hopefully he works his way into a pro contract.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Salinitri had played 346 career OHL games and had never been suspended before. I could see a game, but 6? Just so bad when taking into account what other players around the league have gotten (or not gotten) in this playoffs alone for dangerous/dirty hits

Reactions: GeneralConversation

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Wow. If that’s 6 then Maksimovich should’ve got some games. Unreal how this league hands out suspensions. 1 game 2 tops for this.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
6 games sounds like a big number for sure - just wonder if the league is just assigning a high number to "scare" other players and teams knowing full well this will only mean 1 or 2 games for Salinitri? Really a tough way for a kid to end his career.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
6 games sounds like a big number for sure - just wonder if the league is just assigning a high number to "scare" other players and teams knowing full well this will only mean 1 or 2 games for Salinitri? Really a tough way for a kid to end his career.

Probably, which is such a joke. You're going to use a player who played just under 350 games in your league and end his career to send a message because you're too chicken shit to do it to Stephen Dhillon or Jason Robertson? That's so bad man. All people want is consistency

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
This team is done in 4! Lines have changed too many times and the boys look like they all want to go home. Great effort till this series.
Lines are not an issue. If anything it’s positive that Walters is doin whatever he can to get a spark. The Gens weren’t in the finals conversation. Beating Niagara was awesome. To get past Ottawa would be a chore. They still have some fight and hometown energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad