Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Prosvetov had a full season to prove he is in that top 4 zone and he didn’t. We can’t cherry pick a small sample size of playoffs, especially when the first round for top teams is usually a cakewalk, to decide if a goalie is what he is. HE’s done well in a short period. Al goalies get hot for a stretch and possibly Prosvetov is on that hot streak but using 11 games, four of which were against a bottom feeder, probably isn’t wise.
The good ones step it up for the playoffs.
Keyser .915 in the regular season, .936 so far in the playoffs.
Prosvetov .910 regular season, .932 in playoffs.
The bottom feeder you refer to (Sarnia) had no problem at all putting the puck in the net - just couldn’t keep it out.
Ottawa and Sudbury save percentage went in the other direction.
Frankly, I’d take any of them.

Last edited:

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Ottawa is the better team for sure. I’m sure niagara is thinking they could have been a better test for Ottawa.
It seems our guys have played too tentative, slow and relied on Keyser. Both games were there for them and then Ottawa jumped to another level.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I've been saying it but no one seems to take note. Somehow, some way, this Ottawa 67's team has found a way to dial it up a notch or two from the regular season. They find a rhythm and all of a sudden the ice is tilted. They mailed it in the 2nd half and then the playoffs started and they seem to have elevated to a completely different level. IT has been interesting to say the least.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Hi Just wondering if the Oshawa problem is a little of relying on Keyser who definitely stole Niagara series and conditioning. The Gens are taking stupid penalties and just not able to skate with Ottawa.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Hi Just wondering if the Oshawa problem is a little of relying on Keyser who definitely stole Niagara series and conditioning. The Gens are taking stupid penalties and just not able to skate with Ottawa.

Maybe. We're skating with the 67's for the first 2 periods and finding ways to score. The wheels come off in the third period and they boys are just gassed.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Very similar to game 1. Gens are right there into the 3rd (3-3 with 17 minutes left), and this time a very weak penalty on MacLean, Ottawa scores on the PP and the Gens just stopped skating and Ottawa took over. DiPietro looked very shaky again but again the Gens can't make him pay for it.

Niagara absolutely dominated the Gens in games 1/2 from start to finish, and that didn't happen in either game here. The Gens have been way closer vs OTT through 2 games than they were vs NIA after those 2 games.

I assume nobody went to the orientation camp today?

Reactions: Nerf27

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Maybe. We're skating with the 67's for the first 2 periods and finding ways to score. The wheels come off in the third period and they boys are just gassed.
This is not meant as an excuse but the horrible call on McClean sure changed the flow of the game at that time. Again don’t need anyone jumping on me. Ottawa is the better team. This is all bonus hockey for me as I thought they’d only win round one. Great experience for the guys that will be leaders next year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
This is not meant as an excuse but the horrible call on McClean sure changed the flow of the game at that time. Again don’t need anyone jumping on me. Ottawa is the better team. This is all bonus hockey for me as I thought they’d only win round one. Great experience for the guys that will be leaders next year

Agreed. Was it a brutal call on MacLean? Sure was. Do you have to be able to battle through bad calls and keep playing? Yep.

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Very similar to game 1. Gens are right there into the 3rd (3-3 with 17 minutes left), and this time a very weak penalty on MacLean, Ottawa scores on the PP and the Gens just stopped skating and Ottawa took over. DiPietro looked very shaky again but again the Gens can't make him pay for it.

Niagara absolutely dominated the Gens in games 1/2 from start to finish, and that didn't happen in either game here. The Gens have been way closer vs OTT through 2 games than they were vs NIA after those 2 games.

Yes I went to camp. My take away... Cooper Way was a standout.. big strong rugged centreman.. can score to boot.. DeBoer kid would look great in a Gens uniform.. had a hattrick and sees the ice extremely well.. just knows where to be when he's on the ice.. Gagne and McKinney had good games.. out first and second round picks are big centremen.. Harrison scored a nice goal.. great game team white won in overtime 6-5. Hope this helps

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes I went to camp. My take away... Cooper Way was a standout.. big strong rugged centreman.. can score to boot.. DeBoer kid would look great in a Gens uniform.. had a hattrick and sees the ice extremely well.. just knows where to be when he's on the ice.. Gagne and McKinney had good games.. out first and second round picks are big centremen.. Harrison scored a nice goal.. great game team white won in overtime 6-5. Hope this helps

Thanks for this. I'm going tomorrow. I was a big Way fan from the Silver Stick but didn't get to see him much after that. Interesting on DeBoer, I was surprised to see him listed on the camp roster after he didn't come last year. Wonder if they have something there

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Thanks for this. I'm going tomorrow. I was a big Way fan from the Silver Stick but didn't get to see him much after that. Interesting on DeBoer, I was surprised to see him listed on the camp roster after he didn't come last year. Wonder if they have something there
Yes I was wondering the same thing about DeBoer.. we need to actually sign one of these American kids someday.. lol.. my take he has incoercible vision on the ice and plays a good 200 foot game.. there were a lot of players that stood out. I think Way will be a big part of the Gens 2 years from now and may have a chance to crack the lineup next year. Go Gens Go

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yes I was wondering the same thing about DeBoer.. we need to actually sign one of these American kids someday.. lol.. my take he has incoercible vision on the ice and plays a good 200 foot game.. there were a lot of players that stood out. I think Way will be a big part of the Gens 2 years from now and may have a chance to crack the lineup next year. Go Gens Go

Having not seen any of camp yet, I was thinking Harrison/Michaud would be on the team next year. But Way/DeBoer would have a chance too with their play it sounds like. Especially if next year is being used as a "get ready for the 2021 Mem Cup" year. How did Schell look in net?

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Having not seen any of camp yet, I was thinking Harrison/Michaud would be on the team next year. But Way/DeBoer would have a chance too with their play it sounds like. Especially if next year is being used as a "get ready for the 2021 Mem Cup" year. How did Schell look in net?
Schell did not play.. Leaver played the whole game for team red made some nice saves.. not ready for the big leagues yet.. I guess its Schell's turn tomorrow. Jesus and Pitt had good games for team red today also. David llikes getting inti the rush every time he's out there. Great compete overall by all of the kids.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I also liked Way too. As mentioned,Harrison had a pretty goal. Liked Hunter Brazier. Skalde can dangle but looks frail. Still liking Barnett as I did last year. Too bad he hasn't grown much, if at all. One of the most aggressive players on the ice, however. On the Red team, I noticed Tallman and Grein the most.Jesus and Pitt , both good sized made their presence felt as mentioned by freedom880. DeBoer looked smooth with good positional play. Did not notice Gagnier or McKinney much and neither goalie impressed.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

I will agree with you Oshawa did stay with Ottawa but not for two games but for two periods per game. However what is important is how Oshawa will do in Oshawa, game three is crucial. Look the Gens are a good team with an awesome goalie but they need the game tomorrow.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I also liked Way too. As mentioned,Harrison had a pretty goal. Liked Hunter Brazier. Skalde can dangle but looks frail. Still liking Barnett as I did last year. Too bad he hasn't grown much, if at all. One of the most aggressive players on the ice, however. On the Red team, I noticed Tallman and Grein the most.Jesus and Pitt , both good sized made their presence felt as mentioned by freedom880. DeBoer looked smooth with good positional play. Did not notice Gagnier or McKinney much and neither goalie impressed.

Both will be at main camp regardless, but a big game in net tomorrow for Sbrocca vs Schell. As of right now (before any trades/import draft) they'd be the two fighting for the back-up role next year

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Watched Michaud/Harrison/Gagnier mostly to see how they played. Michaud’s a big kid with good strength. Harrison has a ton of skill. Gagnier has good speed.
Goalies Leaver is young and need some seasoning but has upside. Polidori was half and half- made some nice saves and would want a couple back.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I am making the trip down to Oshawa for tonight’s game and looking forward to a very good game.

Where do you recommend as the best place to watch the end of the Leafs/Bruins game near the arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->