Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If Moore is hurt, do you think the Gens back off from the rumoured deal? After all, if you’re getting Moore in the deal, it’s not for this year anyway. It would be for the next couple.

Depends what the injury is. The Gens still very much want to win a playoff series this year

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
If Moore is hurt, do you think the Gens back off from the rumoured deal? After all, if you’re getting Moore in the deal, it’s not for this year anyway. It would be for the next couple.
If the rumor is true Studnika and Brassard for Moore and Tomacasico, a forward would have to be part of the trade as the General's would be needing a forward.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
If the rumor is true Studnika and Brassard for Moore and Tomacasico, a forward would have to be part of the trade as the General's would be needing a forward.
I do to think #26 is involved in the original rumour

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
The pinned tweet from OHLinsiders....

Attachments

• E365DAF8-515E-4103-B239-E4BF5AB4B8BD.png
    E365DAF8-515E-4103-B239-E4BF5AB4B8BD.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The pinned tweet from OHLinsiders....

Yeah. I'm sure that Studnicka+Brassard to NIA is going to happen since so many people are saying it. But OHL insiders also said he was hearing Tomasino might be going to the Gens and then a week later Allan says he was told that by 3 different people. We'll see in a week, but it is interesting that 2 completely different sources said the same thing

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Yeah. I'm sure that Studnicka+Brassard to NIA is going to happen since so many people are saying it. But OHL insiders also said he was hearing Tomasino might be going to the Gens and then a week later Allan says he was told that by 3 different people. We'll see in a week, but it is interesting that 2 completely different sources said the same thing
If Tomasino goes, I’d think it would be after the season. It doesn’t make sense for Niagara to take him out of the line-up the way he’s playing. My guess based on the rumours is Moore and picks for Brassard and Studnicka followed by Tomasino for a bunch of picks during the summer.

FWIW, Matt and DJ who are basically IceDog beat reporters that have a weekly tv show, Twitter and Facebook page for all things IceDogs have said they have numerous sources saying there is no truth to the rumours.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
FWIW, Matt and DJ who are basically IceDog beat reporters that have a weekly tv show, Twitter and Facebook page for all things IceDogs have said they have numerous sources saying there is no truth to the rumours.

It was also reported that ID’s management was very upset about the leak. Perhaps Matt and D.J. are puppets of the Burke’s and were used to diffuse the rumours. Which is another situation on its own. Matt and DJ’s credibility may come into question.

It’s all very interesting.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If Tomasino goes, I’d think it would be after the season. It doesn’t make sense for Niagara to take him out of the line-up the way he’s playing. My guess based on the rumours is Moore and picks for Brassard and Studnicka followed by Tomasino for a bunch of picks during the summer.

They seem say that every single time a trade is leaked and then the trade happens. When OHL insiders said Robertson to NIA, they said there was no truth to it. A week later it happened

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Huge for Nando and Nico to lead that Switzerland team to a massive upset over Sweden. The Gens clearly have Swiss contacts, Luca Hollenstein would look good in the Gens net next year.. He plays for the team that Gross played for before he came over

sakic 19

Jan 3, 2013
Why wouldn't oshawa draft a younger goalie in the euro draft. One that would be here for more than a year. Next season is not a championship team. Rocca is building a team that will hopefully host the memorial cup in 2021.
So drafting a goalie born in 2001 or 2002 would make more sense.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Why wouldn't oshawa draft a younger goalie in the euro draft. One that would be here for more than a year. Next season is not a championship team. Rocca is building a team that will hopefully host the memorial cup in 2021.

Hollenstein wasn't drafted, so he would likely be here for 2 years, if he was willing to come to North America

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018

Drafted an 01 (in the u18 draft) and an 02 (in the priority draft) last year. The 01 plays JRB and the 02 JRA
The 02 is the current backup until Keyser comes back.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never seen the 01 play. I have however seen Sbrocca play. He’s got a ton of talent, just unfortunately raw. He needs time. I would assume they’ll evaluate him over the rest of this year in JRA and the summer to see if another young goalie is needed or just a solid vet. You can never have too many good goalies to choose from. Just hard to find them.)))

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sucky. I like Jack.

Yeah he’s a hell of a player. What’s weird though is I don’t think trading him (assuming everyone else stays) changes our ceiling this year.

With Jack you finish 3/4 and hopefully win 1 round then likely lose to NIA or OTT in the 2nd round

Without Jack you probably finish 4-5 and hopefully win 1 round then likely lose to OTT in the 2nd round

GeneralConversation

Nov 1, 2018
Yeah he’s a hell of a player. What’s weird though is I don’t think trading him (assuming everyone else stays) changes our ceiling this year.

With Jack you finish 3/4 and hopefully win 1 round then likely lose to NIA or OTT in the 2nd round

Without Jack you probably finish 4-5 and hopefully win 1 round then likely lose to OTT in the 2nd round

I’m puzzled by the Salinitri trade. Maybe it was favor or something. Or once the Niagara deal went down, Hunt decided the market was too expensive this year, and now he’s backing out. If Jack goes then you have to deal Keyser. It just makes sense. But if the market is dry for a goalie than you can just ride him until he ‘s done.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Yeah, the Salinitri deal is a puzzler. I had been seeking two elite snipers to make a run this year and Salinitri would have sufficed as one of those had the Gens decided to make a run at things. Now, I wonder? He could be moved to a contender like Ottawa who have 2 OA spots. Dying waiting to see what we get for Studnicka and Brassard!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I’m puzzled by the Salinitri trade. Maybe it was favor or something. Or once the Niagara deal went down, Hunt decided the market was too expensive this year, and now he’s backing out. If Jack goes then you have to deal Keyser. It just makes sense. But if the market is dry for a goalie than you can just ride him until he ‘s done.
Salinitri trade combines with the Commisso trade though.

Commisso to Guelph for 2nd in ‘24, 2nd in ‘23 and 5th in ‘21

Got Salinitri for 2nd in ‘19, 2nd in ‘22 and 4th in ‘22

So switched a next year 2nd which they wouldn’t have had room to use for a ‘24 2nd they can still use as a trade and everything else basically washes out. Commission with 1 goal in 28 games for Guelph. Salinitri with 11 goals in 12 games in Oshawa. And at the end of the day all it cost was dropping from the 4th round to the 5th round

Reactions: Nerf27

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Salinitri trade combines with the Commisso trade though.

Commisso to Guelph for 2nd in ‘24, 2nd in ‘23 and 5th in ‘21

Got Salinitri for 2nd in ‘19, 2nd in ‘22 and 4th in ‘22

So switched a next year 2nd which they wouldn’t have had room to use for a ‘24 2nd they can still use as a trade and everything else basically washes out. Commission with 1 goal in 28 games for Guelph. Salinitri with 11 goals in 12 games in Oshawa. And at the end of the day all it cost was dropping from the 4th round to the 5th round
Exactly and it would still be nice to get Noel McShane Antropov Brewer the rookies and potential new player(s) some playoff experience heading into a potential run next year. Watching them play without the 4 at WJC especially Keyser just shows they don’t have the depth this year to beat Ottawa/Niagara but can still be competitive. It reminds me more and more of the set up year to 14/15. Noel is going to be at least a 40 goal man next year and McShane will double anything he gets this year if he’s healthy. Look out for Antropov as well. Next year is the year IMHO

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Again, why Salinitri this year? Yes the cost was the same as Commisso but what was the point? Next year is the target and he will not be around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad