Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Antropov out as well now. Too bad, he's been great lately. Will be tough tonight without all the top guys and now Antropov

5-1 OTT, Felhaber

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Antropov out as well now. Too bad, he's been great lately. Will be tough tonight without all the top guys and now Antropov

5-1 OTT, Felhaber

Ottawa dressing 5 D-Men tonight. Quinn Yule as the 2nd line LW. After the deadline he may not even be in the lineup!

It may not be as unbalanced as you think. It should come down to goaltending and Andree has been good so ottawa should take it but I doubt it will be loppsided.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ottawa dressing 5 D-Men tonight. Quinn Yule as the 2nd line LW. After the deadline he may not even be in the lineup!

It may not be as unbalanced as you think. It should come down to goaltending and Andree has been good so ottawa should take it but I doubt it will be loppsided.

Ottawa just handily beat niagara with this current lineup, who blew out the gens without our top guys. The Gens have 1 line who can score with so many guys out, and they’ll get Bahl-Hoefenmayer every shift out. But forget about even scoring, the top line is the only line that’ll even be able to get the line with possession. It’s always something the Gens struggle with even with a full lineup. But without all these top guys, it’ll be ugly

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Pretty predictable game. The Salinitri-McShane-Noel line was pretty good. Every other line was just fighting to be 50/50. When it got a lot more of a rough game it seemed like the Gens started to take over. That Kody Clark goal was likely the worst goal of the season. Such a horrendous shot that still goes in, you could see the whole team deflate from that. Also thought the refs were atrocious tonight. By far the worst of the season at nipping the scrums in the bud. They'd constantly take the wrong guy or let way too much go and then 30 seconds later itd lead to a much bigger confrontation. Also how they disallowed that 3rd Gens goal, with the ref standing right there, but somehow didn't see it was the Ottawa D who ranover his own goalie is unbelievable. But whatever, nobody expected us to win tonight anyways. 3 big games now against NB, MISS and KGN

Btw, I feel like we don't praise Mitchell Brewer enough. Along with Gross, he's been put up against the other team's top line every single night and usually comes out on top. he had the highlight reel game winner in Missy on Friday and tonight drops them with Bitten and drops him after he was getting a little rough with a rookie. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the captain of the Gens next year. To me he's a shorter version of Josh Brown, which is a pretty big compliment

Reactions: Nerf27

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Btw, I feel like we don't praise Mitchell Brewer enough. Along with Gross, he's been put up against the other team's top line every single night and usually comes out on top. he had the highlight reel game winner in Missy on Friday and tonight drops them with Bitten and drops him after he was getting a little rough with a rookie. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the captain of the Gens next year. To me he's a shorter version of Josh Brown, which is a pretty big compliment
If rumors are true Brewer maybe captain this season.:thumbu:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hopefully Niagara scouts weren't watching that game last night. Brassard's lack of foot speed was exposed again. First when Hoelscher blew by him and he had to pull him down for a penalty, then when Felhaber did the same thing. Brassard still gets the most out of his talent and is very good at getting shots on net (4th most in the league among just Dmen) but the foot speed is a huge issue that seems to be getting worse

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Hopefully Niagara scouts weren't watching that game last night. Brassard's lack of foot speed was exposed again. First when Hoelscher blew by him and he had to pull him down for a penalty, then when Felhaber did the same thing. Brassard still gets the most out of his talent and is very good at getting shots on net (4th most in the league among just Dmen) but the foot speed is a huge issue that seems to be getting worse
Ya it makes no sense. I’m 49. My footspeed is gone lol. He’s 20??? He had a shoulder injury. Very perplexing

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Or maybe the trades done and didn't want to over do it incase of injuring him self. :laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I believe he took a hit late in the 2nd period in Kingston. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I meant more that if he’s hurt it could derail a trade. Because he’s all but guaranteed to be out of niagara in 2 weeks if he’s healthy

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I meant more that if he’s hurt it could derail a trade. Because he’s all but guaranteed to be out of niagara in 2 weeks if he’s healthy
So, Generalsupdates, do you honestly think that Niagara is going to give up both #12 & #26 before the deadline?
I mean, take a look at their roster. They have way too many OA’gers on there for next year. They have to move a lot of bodies in the off-season. Ya think?
With next years draft not being a strong one and they will be picking near the bottom. The team would be dessimated in 2019-20

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So, Generalsupdates, do you honestly think that Niagara is going to give up both #12 & #26 before the deadline?
I mean, take a look at their roster. They have way too many OA’gers on there for next year. They have to move a lot of bodies in the off-season. Ya think?
With next years draft not being a strong one and they will be picking near the bottom. The team would be dessimated in 2019-20

No I don’t think they will. But not because they’re worried about 2019-2020. They’ll be bad then no matter what, that’s what happens when you go all in the year before

EJNKGens

Jan 1, 2019
If Studnicka gets traded, would they ever promote one of the current assistant captains to the team captain position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->