Osgood thinks Yzerman's return "Inevitable"

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think there is little doubt that Yzerman will be at the helm soon. Its too good of a story, too good of a fan marketing tool, and too perfect a relationship for anyone to pass up.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Makes me wonder if he’s spoken to him about the subject

"Me guessing? Yeah, I think it’s inevitable that at some point in time he will be here. It just has to be the right moment. That’s kind of how I feel," Osgood told the Jamie and Stoney Show on 97.1 The Ticket, while clarifying he hasn't spoken with Yzerman since he changed roles with the Lightning.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
"Me guessing? Yeah, I think it’s inevitable that at some point in time he will be here. It just has to be the right moment. That’s kind of how I feel," Osgood told the Jamie and Stoney Show on 97.1 The Ticket, while clarifying he hasn't spoken with Yzerman since he changed roles with the Lightning.

Oh but you know they're just lying. :sarcasm:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, I'm filing this under done deal. Silly everyone involved directly needs to pretend otherwise, but I understand.

Ken can go home, on his own terms, and be the experienced guiding hand in Seattle. Steve can come home and give the Wings the fresh look they require.

This will be a win-win.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, I'm filing this under done deal. Silly everyone involved directly needs to pretend otherwise, but I understand.

Ken can go home, on his own terms, and be the experienced guiding hand in Seattle. Steve can come home and give the Wings the fresh look they require.

This will be a win-win.

Win-Win-Win.

Oscar wears the shirt on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Honestly, what is there to point to him not joining us? He quit because he couldn't do the job to the best of his abilities away from his family, which is comfortable in Detroit, so if he takes a GM job it will be with Detroit. The only variable is if he doesn't want to GM anymore, which would make no sense since he built quite a name for himself and could be the savior of Detroit a second time. He would be the literal God of Detroit.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The only variable is if he doesn't want to GM anymore, which would make no sense since he built quite a name for himself and could be the savior of Detroit a second time. He would be the literal God of Detroit.
Unless he has a fantastic season at home with his family, and doesn't want to go back to 100,000 frequent flyer miles a year. But yes, other than the Lions every winning the Super Bowl, a successful Yzerman as GM is as close to a "key to the city" guy as there is in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->