Player Discussion Oscar Lindberg

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I dunno if there's room for him next year.

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Duclair-White-Ryan
Paul-Pageau-Boedker
Smith

Then Chlapik, Balcers, Veronneau, Norris, Abramov, Davidsson and any other FAs jostling for jobs. Chlapik probably makes it. Gibbons, Pajarvi and Lindberg are kinda all in the same boat. Maybe pick one as some filler and add another Duclair type of reclamation project.

Don't think Lindberg is really needed but maybe others disagree. Unless he's willing to sign a 2 way and play most of the year in Belleville as a go to guy there.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Last week I saw an Instagram picture of #24 walking off the ice.

I thought, "Volchenkov. Awesome."

Then I remembered that Volchenkov hasn't played in a while for the Sens.

Then I thought, "Who the hell is #24 then?"

I looked him up. Oscar Lindberg.

Then I thought, "Who the f**k is Oscar Lindberg?"

I think that accurately sums up my, and the majority of everyone else's opinion on him.

Reactions: bert and montysens

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He has been alright. I prefer his 5on5 play over Paajarvi and would like to give him a pretty good chance. Earlier in his career he was a handful on the Rangers 4th line, thought he would be one of those guys to take the next step when he went to Vegas.

Reactions: Xspyrit

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
If we could soley keep 4th liners on the 4th line, that would be ideal for the upcoming season.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Duclair-White-Ryan
Paul-Pageau-Boedker
Smith

Then Chlapik, Balcers, Veronneau, Norris, Abramov, Davidsson and any other FAs jostling for jobs. Chlapik probably makes it. Gibbons, Pajarvi and Lindberg are kinda all in the same boat. Maybe pick one as some filler and add another Duclair type of reclamation project.

Don't think Lindberg is really needed but maybe others disagree. Unless he's willing to sign a 2 way and play most of the year in Belleville as a go to guy there.

I agree, sign one of those three to a Paul Carey type contract, 700k NHL 350k AHL. I could see them bringing Paajarvi back because he's such a good dressing room guy even though he is probably the least effective of the three.

Reactions: NB613

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Paajarvi with his 8th and 9th last night.

I think a 4th line of Paajarvi and Lindberg centred by Paul next year could be a killer. A couple of vets, a big, strong, fast, hungry young centre. That could work really well

Reactions: NB613

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Duclair-White-Ryan
Paul-Pageau-Boedker
Smith

When you put it like this, yeah, we don't have a spot for him. That lineup looks incredibly weak, though. If we bringing in Norris, Formenton, Abramov, Chlapik, it's more rookies and id rather insulate them with strong forechecking plays. I'd move Boedker and give them that spot and sign strong big 4th liners unless Paul shows real strides is impactful 4th liner.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I think a 4th line of Paajarvi and Lindberg centred by Paul next year could be a killer. A couple of vets, a big, strong, fast, hungry young centre. That could work really well

Nah, Paul needs to have better line mates than that. I'd keep the AHL line of Paul - Brown - Batherson. Then 2 of the following 4 to play on the 4th line: Smith, Paajarvi, Lindberg, Gibbons. The other 2 left over let go.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

If Paajarvi scores another goal this year, it'll be the first time he's scored 10 in a season since his rookie year (2010-11), and even then he'll have only reached that plateau because he plays on the least-deep team in the league, and has been fed plenty of 3rd line minutes this season that on a regular team he probably never sees.

I like the guy, but he's the dictionary definition of "placeholder". He's only here as long as it takes someone else to leapfrog him. Veronneau has done that basically in 2 games. It won't be long until some of the AHL kids start doing it as well.

He's fine as an insurance 10th skater, but I honestly doubt we even offer him a 1-way contract for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad