Injury Report: Oscar Lindberg to miss 6 months

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
That puts expected return around mid-November.

So either Moore is given another one-year contract, or Hrivik is re-signed and is given a chance, or some other FA takes the spot.

This injury doesn't change the fact that Dom is toast.

If I'm Fogerty, I'm training my bag off. This spot should be an open competition for young guys.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Because since the dawn of time hockey players have played hurt in the playoffs.

Everyone knew they weren't going to beat the Pens, why risk it and put him out there? It's not like he played most of the series anyways.

The teams handling of injuries ha been strange. They let Girardi play hurt when they shouldn't of.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This injury doesn't change the fact that Dom is toast.

If I'm Fogerty, I'm training my bag off. This spot should be an open competition for young guys.

It's definitely a competition for the young guys. I'm with you on that one.

Just saying that Moore is not an impossibility.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Seems like a legit reason why he didn't play much.

This should be a lesson to all those who claim AV is an idiot. We as fans only know what we see on the surface. A ton goes on behind closed doors that we aren't privy too.

You're saying that now, but wait till next year when AV makes Raanta the starter for a week or so after hank gets blitzed thanks to this AHL defense.

:laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Who is to say that is why he was sat? If that was true I would have expected the surgery a month ago so he would be ready by the start of the season. There was never a peep about any type of injury he had and he was at all the practices. Was McI hurt also so that why he never played?

Maybe it's one of those injuries that can heal on it's own with rest?

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
It's definitely a competition for the young guys. I'm with you on that one.

Just saying that Moore is not an impossibility.

I understand, but I'm saying he shouldn't be considered.

This makes Riley Nash an even more logical target. Bottom 6 guy who can play both C and W.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Didn't Skapski have the same exact injury? Hope Calderberg gets well soon, and here's to Jensen or Hrivik taking full advantage of this opportunity.

Could be a massive opportunity for Foggarty to win the job out of the preseason camp.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
mid-november might be the optimistic view...after months of not being able to skate how long will it take him to get into playing shape

Usually those recovery times include the amount of time needed to get back up to game speed. He'll be working out as soon as possible and have the intensity ramped up as it continues to heal.

Sucks to take a hit to the depth already but maybe it'll open another chance for a prospect.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Who is to say that is why he was sat? If that was true I would have expected the surgery a month ago so he would be ready by the start of the season. There was never a peep about any type of injury he had and he was at all the practices. Was McI hurt also so that why he never played?

No, let that be a lesson to you. hahah

His roster management still stinks and you can look at literally dozens of decisions this past year where I wanted to punch him in his face.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm sure he had this injury when he played in the two playoff games he was in, why didn't they just shut him down then?

You can play with the injury, it can linger for years. He probably had a thorough examination after the season ended and the doctor recommended it was best to have both repaired.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009

This should be a lesson to all those who claim AV is an idiot. We as fans only know what we see on the surface. A ton goes on behind closed doors that we aren't privy too.

except if thats the reason he was riding pine it just says the organization is dumb. They should have had him get the surgery weeks ago so he would be ready for the start of next season. So this way not only did they not use him at all, they had him sit around and waste recovery time

this is just dumb all around.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It's likely no one really knew about it until after this season and maybe Lindberg knew he had some issues but didn't think it was worth bringing up (because it might take him out of the lineup etc)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
How is it harder for a goalie to recover from a hip injury?

The bio-mechanics of the butterfly is vastly different from a regular skating player.

“Butterfly” style ice hockey goaltenders may be at a particularly high risk for hip injuries related to Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) because the execution of the butterfly position frequently places them at high internal rotation angles.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The better question is: When did this injury occur/become enough of an issue that he needed surgery?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because of this news, I'm now going to be more open minded that he was just playing injured, and wasn't as bad as he showed in the second half of the season. The second half of the season he wasn't an NHL player, that could've just been the hip injury. If that was the case, why are they playing him with a serious hip injury?

This team should really learn from what they did this season with allowing players with serious injuries to play instead of forcing them to stop and get the needed rehab. Do the Rangers have the Mets doctors?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

was just about to say this.

Makes sense why he saw street clothes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->