Ortio On Fire

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Kristen Odland @KristenOdlandCH
Hmmm....interesting. The #AHL just announced #Flames G Joni Ortio would not be available for Sunday/Monday's all-star festivities.

Instead, Manchester Monarchs G Jean-Francois Berube has been added to the Eastern Conference roster.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hmmm....interesting. The #AHL just announced #Flames G Joni Ortio would not be available for Sunday/Monday's all-star festivities.

Instead, Manchester Monarchs G Jean-Francois Berube has been added to the Eastern Conference roster.

Trade incoming? I can't see any reason other than that. Unless someone got injured again.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
They aren't playing any games during the break, so this may not be applicable, but might it be a nice rest for Ortio and continued pay at his NHL level while he's resting vs being sent down to Addy? It like 7-8x the pay while up in the NHL.

Otherwise, yes, keeping 3 goalies on the active roster raises some serious brow

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I think he's better than Hiller TBH. Maybe Ramo stays for the playoffs. That would be a smart thing too.

jim_mora_playoffs-195x115.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Keeping 3 goalies won't last, Hartley has said over and over it's a nightmare. I am extremely curious to see what the plan is here. You would think if the plan was to return Ortio to the AHL that he would of been sent down to play in the ASG, that is not happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad